Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deboer and NIL

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    NIL was spectacularly behind at UW because Jen for whatever reason was blind to the world CFB was turning into

It’s fine to suggest that the system is broken (and it is) but it is the system … you either adapt or fall off the vine

UW’s NIL has been getting better and the run that we had will help pull in more money going forward

Dannan clearly understands that you have to be NIL competitive if you want to be competitive

Where UW needs to up their game is applying NIL resources to HS recruiting … depending on how this cycle plays itself out and how gutted this roster gets you are likely looking at the largest class in UW history in 2025 out of necessity
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Not what the players are saying tho. "I think Washington had better NIL than Ohio State," Kienholz said
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

UW’s NIL has been getting better and the run that we had will help pull in more money going forward

Only if Fishsticks can turn around this turnaround in a hurry. Otherwise the run is going to be wasted with nothing to show for it.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bread said:

Not what the players are saying tho. "I think Washington had better NIL than Ohio State," Kienholz said

Who said tOSU's NIL was good?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    People need to understand this …

Fisch inherited a rebuild

The lack of depth in the program is fairly significant

Add in players portaling and the crater that forms if they leave

I think most have been way too high with what things looked like had none of the upheaval happened

Buckle up … time to build this from the ground up
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Only if Fishsticks can turn around this turnaround in a hurry. Otherwise the run is going to be wasted with nothing to show for it.
    I never asked you if 1-6_1-10 was already taken.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This is the death penalty essentially.
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    OreDawg said:

Alabama doesn’t have an incredible NIL program. Especially compared to the other top dogs in the SEC.

This is due to their fan base trying to donate prize hogs or letting the players fuck their sisters instead of forking over that meth money.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,154
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 17

chuck said:

dannarc said:

Dannen has been pretty clear that UW is going to have to do more with less. Less meaning more than most, but not as much as some. I think UW is going after NIL and fundraising enough to secure the potential to win championships, but not throwing tons of money at unproven commodities like Oregon does.

From my cynical vantage point UW does care about football and winning, I believe they offered DeBoer what they felt was appropriate with his experience, but the unknown was recruiting and was he worth that kind of money over that many years? How often do those massive contracts pan out?

Where has he said that?

We have a HC making 7.5 apy and a staff pool of ~8.5m which is top 7 in the country. We'll be fine. The timing just sucks.
    A lot of beach walks needed. Just barely over a week ago *we were getting ready to play the natty game. Since then, all of 9 days, ago, a few small matters have cropped up that are going to take a few weeks to sort themselves out.

Smart money is on a train wreck and owen season according to the board. I'm not that smart. I'm thinking that it's still up in the air. UW made the first step quickly and admirably. LIPO.

One of the last things Deboer said that sort of stuck with me was that the NIL "problem" was no longer a problem. No citation. He said it though so fuck off. UW is a solid destination for player talent and it will be apparent again soon.
    Maybe he said that because it was no longer his problem, since he knew he was going to LEAVE.

• Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

People need to understand this …

Fisch inherited a rebuild

The lack of depth in the program is fairly significant

Add in players portaling and the crater that forms if they leave

I think most have been way too high with what things looked like had none of the upheaval happened

Buckle up … time to build this from the ground up

"People need to understand this"

What part of this board-wide meltdown makes you think people aren't understanding this? It's literally all we're talking about.
    People kept thinking that this program was winning 9 to 10 games next year with a QB that everybody was projecting as Penix (he wasn't) and the same depth gaps on the roster that were never filled in the 2021 and 2022 classes. This idea that they'd just keep adding in the 2nd portal window was more pipe dream than reality as those leaving in that cycle are typically those realizing that they aren't going to play and dropping levels than being people that you want playing at Washington.

2024 for this program is as follows:

- Keep as much talent as possible that has entered the portal and keep (might be able to keep 1/2 to 2/3 of what is in currently at best)

- Get whatever you can from Arizona (most likely going to be those that were in this year's recruiting class and players with multiple years of eligibility vs those with 1 year and the ability to go to the NFL after this year)

- Develop players on this year's roster and give them the opportunity to play and get better over the course of the season to figure out who can and can't be part of the solution going forward

- Recruit like mad and sign what could/should be the largest HS class in the history of UW football

- Attack the portal for the 2025 season

How anybody thinks that this team has a 8-10 win ceiling in 2024 returning 2 starters (at this point) TOTAL by backfilling around the portal is delusional

Enjoy the 2023 journey

Be smart with the money in 2024 and keep the powder relatively dry

Position yourself to be good in 2025 and 2026
    Do you ever post anything other than reasons why we are going to suck and excuses for that suckage?