Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Digesting this and repeating things

2»

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,579
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 16
    Agreed. Especially the last sentence.

jecornel said:

So basically overrated and lucky in a soft conference. Leading up to getting our? shit pushed in scoring 13 pts. Texas was soft with the two highest rated D tackles in the country and loaded on offense but somehow beat them. Lucky I guess. Penix hit guys in tight coverage all night. that Bernard pass play on the slot fade he had guys in his face. He also alluded guys many times. When he hit Rome over the middle for like 20 yards he had guys barreling down on him. Michigan clearly was a stiffer test up front but this UW team had a different vibe to them in the sugar vs. the natty.

Maryland had three turnovers and still only lost by 7.

Ohio state 24 pts 378 yards total offense.

What I am hearing is that Deboer as his window was closing in and getting closer to the Bama job had no impact on the game? I simply disagree.

Can’t put any blame on refs because I’m being told the result of the game was obvious from the get go. Though, probably 95% of the board thought they would win and we had Michigan right where we wanted them at half time.

jecornel said:

He never wanted to be at Washington long term. Fine. You are salesman and a talented one.

You go on this epic and run then you shit the bed ten fold because you were fucking around with your agent and Bama leading up to Houston. Fuck that. 13pts? You are telling me this offense could only muster 13 pts? DJ was banged up you knew that. How does Penix go from unstoppable to pedestrian 8 days?

The team was off the staff was off and the game plan stunk. Fans moved mountains for the sugar and the natty to be there. I don’t believe you gave it your all. You had the 91’ captians addressing the team knowing you were door ass out. What a guy! But Mario Bailey said he did what was best for his family. BS. It was a move for his career.

SEC is going to chew your ass. Just watch.

You’re such a doog.

Penix looked like shit like he always does against pressure. Especially interior pressure. Buelow and Kalepo got their shit pushed in all game and Rosey struggled as well. Michigan was a better and more complete team they didn’t even need to take any risks on offense to beat uw.
    I made the comment before the game that Michigan was the best team UW has faced in a long time. Also, defense wins championships. The outcome was a tough pill to swallow but predictable.
    I do have to think about how Washington did look like they played against Michigan about half the games this season - shit. This time they were just playing a team with a really good defense. They gave up 28 and chunk passing plays to the pig fucker and Utah. They didn't score an offensive touchdown against fucking ASU in Husky Stadium. Combine those two games and last Monday is easily what you get. My biggest gripe might be more of the holding not holding exchange in the fourth when they were only down 7 and Michigan's offense had been basically Utah's for two plus quarters. The long pass to Rome before we saw the flag was basically the script for how Washington won almost every game the past two years.
    I'm still very in the camp there's no way the DeBoer situation didn't play heavily into the game and I am suspicious it didn't have something to do with how they played like shit between the two Oregon games. Plenty of people who weren't invested in who won that game called out the awful break of that holding exchange on back-to-back plays. I think wefs deserve blame. I also think the game plan and possibly Penix fucked up by not taking shots downfield and see if they could draw some flags, especially on third and long situations.

I think I also forgot Harbaugh is good at hitting those blown gap runs. It was something that seemed to disappear at Stanford after he left under Shaw and instead went to actual tuff guy ugly run football that isn't as scary.

The pressure fake pressure shit from Michigan seemed to affect Penix but it's weird against Texas guys would break through the line and he woudl just make them pay. I don't know. Fuck all this.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

TXDawg said:

I don’t blame him for leaving, and I’d feel differently if he won the natty, but laying an egg in the natty because you’ve got one foot out the door is unforgivable. Fuck that guy forever.

I'm over the whole DeBoer exit. Did it piss me off that he was looking at the Bama job while coaching for the NCG? Absolutely. Oh well, it's in the rear view mirror. There's nothing UW could've done to stop it.

Why worry about a coach that used the program in such a terrible way? Dannen did the right thing, made a good hire. Time to move on a get ready to play in the fall.
    No, deboner robbed me of enjoying a competitive national championship with my ginger in which I spent thousands. Obviously if they win I’m singing a different story but they barely showed up.

FUCK HIM FOREVER.

I hope I get this job in AL so I can say it to his face.

EDIT: we did get to meet one another so there’s that.
    @dirtysouwfdawg Embedding behind enemy lines and starting a revolution. Power Green Beret move. TYFYS.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Agreed. Especially the last sentence.

jecornel said:

So basically overrated and lucky in a soft conference. Leading up to getting our? shit pushed in scoring 13 pts. Texas was soft with the two highest rated D tackles in the country and loaded on offense but somehow beat them. Lucky I guess. Penix hit guys in tight coverage all night. that Bernard pass play on the slot fade he had guys in his face. He also alluded guys many times. When he hit Rome over the middle for like 20 yards he had guys barreling down on him. Michigan clearly was a stiffer test up front but this UW team had a different vibe to them in the sugar vs. the natty.

Maryland had three turnovers and still only lost by 7.

Ohio state 24 pts 378 yards total offense.

What I am hearing is that Deboer as his window was closing in and getting closer to the Bama job had no impact on the game? I simply disagree.

Can’t put any blame on refs because I’m being told the result of the game was obvious from the get go. Though, probably 95% of the board thought they would win and we had Michigan right where we wanted them at half time.

jecornel said:

He never wanted to be at Washington long term. Fine. You are salesman and a talented one.

You go on this epic and run then you shit the bed ten fold because you were fucking around with your agent and Bama leading up to Houston. Fuck that. 13pts? You are telling me this offense could only muster 13 pts? DJ was banged up you knew that. How does Penix go from unstoppable to pedestrian 8 days?

The team was off the staff was off and the game plan stunk. Fans moved mountains for the sugar and the natty to be there. I don’t believe you gave it your all. You had the 91’ captians addressing the team knowing you were door ass out. What a guy! But Mario Bailey said he did what was best for his family. BS. It was a move for his career.

SEC is going to chew your ass. Just watch.

You’re such a doog.

Penix looked like shit like he always does against pressure. Especially interior pressure. Buelow and Kalepo got their shit pushed in all game and Rosey struggled as well. Michigan was a better and more complete team they didn’t even need to take any risks on offense to beat uw.
    I made the comment before the game that Michigan was the best team UW has faced in a long time. Also, defense wins championships. The outcome was a tough pill to swallow but predictable.
    I do have to think about how Washington did look like they played against Michigan about half the games this season - shit. This time they were just playing a team with a really good defense. They gave up 28 and chunk passing plays to the pig fucker and Utah. They didn't score an offensive touchdown against fucking ASU in Husky Stadium. Combine those two games and last Monday is easily what you get. My biggest gripe might be more of the holding not holding exchange in the fourth when they were only down 7 and Michigan's offense had been basically Utah's for two plus quarters. The long pass to Rome before we saw the flag was basically the script for how Washington won almost every game the past two years.
    I'm still very in the camp there's no way the DeBoer situation didn't play heavily into the game and I am suspicious it didn't have something to do with how they played like shit between the two Oregon games. Plenty of people who weren't invested in who won that game called out the awful break of that holding exchange on back-to-back plays. I think wefs deserve blame. I also think the game plan and possibly Penix fucked up by not taking shots downfield and see if they could draw some flags, especially on third and long situations.

I think I also forgot Harbaugh is good at hitting those blown gap runs. It was something that seemed to disappear at Stanford after he left under Shaw and instead went to actual tuff guy ugly run football that isn't as scary.

The pressure fake pressure shit from Michigan seemed to affect Penix but it's weird against Texas guys would break through the line and he woudl just make them pay. I don't know. Fuck all this.
    Penix was insanely inconsistent.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,506
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    vadawg said:

My thoughts are, he was somewhat surprised by how many they won, saw that after this year the talent on hand was going to be fucking terrible, his recruiting sucked, but he was winning. He was at the top of the mountain as far as negotiating power, he knew that if he stayed, his stock would plummet. This was literally his Midas moment and he took it! If he didn’t, the next offer would be to a lateral move, not upward. So he jumped at the top! Can’t tell me most of you wouldn’t do the same.

He’s still a fucking scumbag and I hope he get’s herpes of the asshole from the SEC shoving their unwashed, non lubed cocks up his ass. FTG

I've used Luke Fickell as a hypothetical comp while admittedly not knowing exactly what happened but I wonder if it is the kind of situation DeBoer was looking to avoid. 2021 Fickell was the #1 guy on every big board but I (assume possibly) he held off to focus on trying to 110% focus on winning a natty at Cincy and he passed on an incredible carousel of openings which included Notre Dame, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, USC, and even Oregon and Washington and then ended up going 9-3 the next year and going to Wisconsin. I could see DeBoer wanting to avoid something like that and Sexton and his company getting in his ear about that.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

vadawg said:

My thoughts are, he was somewhat surprised by how many they won, saw that after this year the talent on hand was going to be fucking terrible, his recruiting sucked, but he was winning. He was at the top of the mountain as far as negotiating power, he knew that if he stayed, his stock would plummet. This was literally his Midas moment and he took it! If he didn’t, the next offer would be to a lateral move, not upward. So he jumped at the top! Can’t tell me most of you wouldn’t do the same.

He’s still a fucking scumbag and I hope he get’s herpes of the asshole from the SEC shoving their unwashed, non lubed cocks up his ass. FTG

I've used Luke Fickell as a hypothetical comp while admittedly not knowing exactly what happened but I wonder if it is the kind of situation DeBoer was looking to avoid. 2021 Fickell was the #1 guy on every big board but I (assume possibly) he held off to focus on trying to 110% focus on winning a natty at Cincy and he passed on an incredible carousel of openings which included Notre Dame, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, USC, and even Oregon and Washington and then ended up going 9-3 the next year and going to Wisconsin. I could see DeBoer wanting to avoid something like that and Sexton and his company getting in his ear about that.
    So are we? saying, he outkicked his coverage?