Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let the pillaging begin

Comments

• Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Sounds like Zona is hiring Nansen and the players are all tweeting that they are staying with him.

If true, yet another kick in the nuts

That would be kinda odd considering their entire offensive staff is following Fisch.
    TMac, Fifita, Manu and Burnett are all teammates from Servite HS. They made a huge deal about all signing with Zona. Maybe they don’t want to split and not finish together?
    I’ve heard this a few times and it concerns me. This was one of the stupid stories they tell leading up to the game and then I think they told it during the dwags game as well.
    I don’t think Fisch takes the UW job without knowing those guys are coming with him.
    I can give you 8 million reasons he takes the job without those guys coming with him
    Kinda clear that he’s already thinking about the next job. No way he takes UW’s roster as is and kills his brand instead of staying at AZ with a bunch of dudes that can win the conference and set him up with ultimate leverage and whatever job he wants in the 2025 cycle.

He had total leverage over both university ADs. UW offered more money in salary and NIL, so the only sticking point for him was can he compete and the answer is no unless a core group of 8-10 guys follow him to Seattle.
    Except he knows he gets a mulligan this Fall taking over this team with a depleted roster. As we know, the portal and NIL have changed the game and as best I can tell Fisch is a cross between a used car salesman and a mafia bag man. He's done the shitty team rebuild so I'm confident that he will do it even faster with many more resources at his disposal.
    A mulligan from whom? The FL fanbase? An NFL fanbase? Probably not. Regardless of his lone 10 win season in 2023, If he goes 3-9 in year 1 with UW do you think he’s at the top of anyone’s wish list? You’re kidding yourself if that’s your assumption. They’ll be some other coach who punched above his weight class that the fans and more importantly the donors will be pining over.

But hey, that’s showbiz, baby
    Agree to disagree that it's "clear he's thinking about his next job"
    What data do you have that tells you otherwise?
    Fuck off

That's the data
    Yeah!

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wasn’t it reported that he was in Seattle with Fisch?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,948
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Can we try to keep the young daughters out of the line of fire? That's kinda shitty
    My apologies Stalin. I thought the Doxey Gurggle category of jokes set the bar, but I see I am mistaken. Consider it done going forward.

But I want to note for the record I said NTTAWWT.

The gurgle jokes have comprised some of the lowest points in the board's history
    I am not going to debate Stalin, which would be bad for my health. But we? do say all kinds of shit and make light about all kinds of people, things, places, situations and circumstances that polite society would consider to be in bad taste. And then there's the Tug.

But like I said, duly noted.
    We're talking about an underage girl
    As your attorney, I recommend that you don’t say “we” on this one.
    I lol’d
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Sounds like Zona is hiring Nansen and the players are all tweeting that they are staying with him.

That would be kinda odd considering their entire offensive staff is following Fisch.
    TMac, Fifita, Manu and Burnett are all teammates from Servite HS. They made a huge deal about all signing with Zona. Maybe they don’t want to split and not finish together?
    I’ve heard this a few times and it concerns me. This was one of the stupid stories they tell leading up to the game and then I think they told it during the dwags game as well.
    I don’t think Fisch takes the UW job without knowing those guys are coming with him.
    I can give you 8 million reasons he takes the job without those guys coming with him
    Kinda clear that he’s already thinking about the next job. No way he takes UW’s roster as is and kills his brand instead of staying at AZ with a bunch of dudes that can win the conference and set him up with ultimate leverage and whatever job he wants in the 2025 cycle.

He had total leverage over both university ADs. UW offered more money in salary and NIL, so the only sticking point for him was can he compete and the answer is no unless a core group of 8-10 guys follow him to Seattle.
    Except he knows he gets a mulligan this Fall taking over this team with a depleted roster. As we know, the portal and NIL have changed the game and as best I can tell Fisch is a cross between a used car salesman and a mafia bag man. He's done the shitty team rebuild so I'm confident that he will do it even faster with many more resources at his disposal.
    A mulligan from whom? The FL fanbase? An NFL fanbase? Probably not. Regardless of his lone 10 win season in 2023, If he goes 3-9 in year 1 with UW do you think he’s at the top of anyone’s wish list? You’re kidding yourself if that’s your assumption. They’ll be some other coach who punched above his weight class that the fans and more importantly the donors will be lining over.

If he wins 10+ games and sneaks into the 12 team playoff next year with Fajita, McMillen, and Jonah Florida pays the 10 million buyout and he is gone and UW is fucked all over except even harder again.

If he wins 5 games year 1 and 8 year 2, no one will want him, he sucks, and UW is on the hook for 45 million over the next 7 years to a shitty coach.
    I don't know, if they fire Napier after 2024, they will owe him about $26-27 million and Fisch's buyout after 1 season is $12 million. Does Florida have $38-$39 million to do that?

I'm also not sure Fisch would view Florida as a better job, they have struggled for years now with UW has had a very good run with the last 8 years with Petersen and DeBoer with a few conference championships and great bowl games (CFP, Fiesta Bowl, Rose Bowl, Alamo Bowl, CFP).
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

A mulligan from whom? The FL fanbase? An NFL fanbase? Probably not. Regardless of his lone 10 win season in 2023, If he goes 3-9 in year 1 with UW do you think he’s at the top of anyone’s wish list? You’re kidding yourself if that’s your assumption. They’ll be some other coach who punched above his weight class that the fans and more importantly the donors will be pining over.

Fuck off

That's the data
    Still in raging mode.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,968
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Fuck off

That's the data
    Still in raging mode.
    Any thoughts on Iowa?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

46XiJCAB said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Fuck off

That's the data
    Still in raging mode.
    Any thoughts on Iowa?
    Wrong bored, fucko.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Oregon had TMac committed but his Servite buddies kept recruiting him to UA. When the coaching change happened TMac bounced.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

For one program at least.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Oregon had TMac committed but his Servite buddies kept recruiting him to UA. When the coaching change happened TMac bounced.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

For one program at least.
    For the low one time cost of 2M…
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,989
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

Doesn't matter if Cummings was on the plane. He may be getting the oc job at zona. I never thought those guys were coming over to be honest. They can stay there and make a run at the top 12. They won't get as much money doing it, but still.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cummings was on the plane, but he's buddies with Brennan and may be lured back.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    If Arizona wants to play the game of hiring coordinators who have never called plays just to keep the sugar high of next season alive, let them. It’s a bad long term strategy and likely a bad strategy for next season as they won’t be very good with that lack of coaching experience. We shouldn’t play that game also, we should offer Cummings whatever Shep was getting paid and AHC title. If that’s not good enough don’t go crazy to try to get two players.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

RoadTrip said:

Doogles said:

Boner said:

Not that they are here to play school, but how does transferring mid quarter/semester work? Does a guy from zona just drop classes, come to UW, work out/practice, and not have to start class until summer or fall quarters?

It's all so fucked, imagine you're Fifita, you're a god on campus everyone loves you, Zona sorority strange throwing themselves your way, coach and system you believe in, primed for a season that will make you a Legend for all-time.

And now because your coach was poached your foundation is completely rocked and uncertain.

The new addition of players to the offseason musical chairs act isn't good for the sport in any capacity. Somebody is going to get caught holding the bag, fan engagement will plummet outside of like 20 schools.
    For now college football as we? once knew it is dead. I guess this will turn into which programs can pay enough to stay in the top 12 with another 10 vying for a glimpse every 3 or 5 years. What's the point of being a fan of a team that never cracks the top 12? Do people really want to look forward to the Cheez It’s bowl?
    Thank Phil Knight and Ed O'Bannon for the descent into madness.

But I see about 30-40 schools being as strong players rather than just 15-20 because they can take players from the portal...basically a bifurcation of CFB is happening. It used to be higher because a middling program could land a great coach and then slowly build the program, sort of like what Dick Tormey did at Arizona, Harbaugh did at Stanford, or Joe Tiller did at Purdue.
    *Tomey

How do we know he's not, Mel Torme?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

Doesn't matter if Cummings was on the plane. He may be getting the oc job at zona. I never thought those guys were coming over to be honest. They can stay there and make a run at the top 12. They won't get as much money doing it, but still.
    As someone else mentioned, CoL in Tucson vs Seattle is something to consider.

A ~million dollars in Tucson gets you this:
    https://redf.in/5NHf6R

Or in Seattle it gets you this:
    https://redf.in/LSXg5G

lol
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

46XiJCAB said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Fuck off

That's the data
    Still in raging mode.
    Any thoughts on Iowa?
    Solid HC. DC won the Broyles award this year. Fired their WR coach. Paul Cryst declined OC position.

If they get the right guy, Frost? uw might need the Four Horsemen from UA. Kinnick is a tough road trip.

Other than that, no.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

As someone else mentioned, CoL in Tucson vs Seattle is something to consider.

A ~million dollars in Tucson gets you this:
    https://redf.in/5NHf6R

Or in Seattle it gets you this:
    https://redf.in/LSXg5G

lol
    Seattle housing costs continue to go up though. Tucson is what it is, you’re not gonna make as much money off your investment. Also Tucson sucks