Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let the pillaging begin

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Can we try to keep the young daughters out of the line of fire? That's kinda shitty
    My apologies Stalin. I thought the Doxey Gurggle category of jokes set the bar, but I see I am mistaken. Consider it done going forward.

But I want to note for the record I said NTTAWWT.

The gurgle jokes have comprised some of the lowest points in the board's history
    The gurgle joke started on eDuck

Stay in your lane
    I don't care where they originated. It's terrible, but I've never censored over it
    Stalin shows his comrades the benevolence they deserve.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Can we try to keep the young daughters out of the line of fire? That's kinda shitty
    My apologies Stalin. I thought the Doxey Gurggle category of jokes set the bar, but I see I am mistaken. Consider it done going forward.

The gurgle jokes have comprised some of the lowest points in the board's history

Stay in your lane
    I don't care where they originated. It's terrible, but I've never censored over it
    People only see Stalin’s benevolence because he’s pleased with the many thanks I offer him. You people should be thanking me.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Sounds like Zona is hiring Nansen and the players are all tweeting that they are staying with him.

If true, yet another kick in the nuts

That would be kinda odd considering their entire offensive staff is following Fisch.
    TMac, Fifita, Manu and Burnett are all teammates from Servite HS. They made a huge deal about all signing with Zona. Maybe they don’t want to split and not finish together?
    I’ve heard this a few times and it concerns me. This was one of the stupid stories they tell leading up to the game and then I think they told it during the dwags game as well.
    I don’t think Fisch takes the UW job without knowing those guys are coming with him.
    I can give you 8 million reasons he takes the job without those guys coming with him
    Kinda clear that he’s already thinking about the next job. No way he takes UW’s roster as is and kills his brand instead of staying at AZ with a bunch of dudes that can win the conference and set him up with ultimate leverage and whatever job he wants in the 2025 cycle.

He had total leverage over both university ADs. UW offered more money in salary and NIL, so the only sticking point for him was can he compete and the answer is no unless a core group of 8-10 guys follow him to Seattle.
    Except he knows he gets a mulligan this Fall taking over this team with a depleted roster. As we know, the portal and NIL have changed the game and as best I can tell Fisch is a cross between a used car salesman and a mafia bag man. He's done the shitty team rebuild so I'm confident that he will do it even faster with many more resources at his disposal.

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I am not going to debate Stalin, which would be bad for my health. But we? do say all kinds of shit and make light about all kinds of people, things, places, situations and circumstances that polite society would consider to be in bad taste. And then there's the Tug.

But like I said, duly noted.
    Listen Mr Free Beer, just because I don't like it doesn't mean it has been banned from here.
    Whenever I see something truly unhinged here (which is most of the time) its just a reinforcement that the canary is still alive and I will still know who is leading Husky Jacks at tomorrows practice.

I appreciate you staying your hand, even if I think WE? should have a mass amnesty and unbanning day atleast once per new head coach.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 16

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Sounds like Zona is hiring Nansen and the players are all tweeting that they are staying with him.

That would be kinda odd considering their entire offensive staff is following Fisch.
    TMac, Fifita, Manu and Burnett are all teammates from Servite HS. They made a huge deal about all signing with Zona. Maybe they don’t want to split and not finish together?
    I’ve heard this a few times and it concerns me. This was one of the stupid stories they tell leading up to the game and then I think they told it during the dwags game as well.
    I don’t think Fisch takes the UW job without knowing those guys are coming with him.
    I can give you 8 million reasons he takes the job without those guys coming with him
    Kinda clear that he’s already thinking about the next job. No way he takes UW’s roster as is and kills his brand instead of staying at AZ with a bunch of dudes that can win the conference and set him up with ultimate leverage and whatever job he wants in the 2025 cycle.

He had total leverage over both university ADs. UW offered more money in salary and NIL, so the only sticking point for him was can he compete and the answer is no unless a core group of 8-10 guys follow him to Seattle.
    Except he knows he gets a mulligan this Fall taking over this team with a depleted roster. As we know, the portal and NIL have changed the game and as best I can tell Fisch is a cross between a used car salesman and a mafia bag man. He's done the shitty team rebuild so I'm confident that he will do it even faster with many more resources at his disposal.
    A mulligan from whom? The FL fanbase? An NFL fanbase? Probably not. Regardless of his lone 10 win season in 2023, If he goes 3-9 in year 1 with UW do you think he’s at the top of anyone’s wish list? You’re kidding yourself if that’s your assumption. They’ll be some other coach who punched above his weight class that the fans and more importantly the donors will be pining over.

But hey, that’s showbiz, baby
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

A mulligan from whom? The FL fanbase? An NFL fanbase? Probably not. Regardless of his lone 10 win season in 2023, If he goes 3-9 in year 1 with UW do you think he’s at the top of anyone’s wish list? You’re kidding yourself if that’s your assumption. They’ll be some other coach who punched above his weight class that the fans and more importantly the donors will be lining over.

*lone
  • Options

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

A mulligan from whom? The FL fanbase? An NFL fanbase? Probably not. Regardless of his lone 10 win season in 2023, If he goes 3-9 in year 1 with UW do you think he’s at the top of anyone’s wish list? You’re kidding yourself if that’s your assumption. They’ll be some other coach who punched above his weight class that the fans and more importantly the donors will be lining over.

*lone
    Yeah I caught it right after and edited
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Stay in your lane
    People only see Stalin’s benevolence because he’s pleased with the many thanks I offer him. You people should be thanking me.
    TYFYTOT
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

If he wins 10+ games and sneaks into the 12 team playoff next year with Fajita, McMillen, and Jonah Florida pays the 10 million buyout and he is gone and UW is fucked all over except even harder again.

If he wins 5 games year 1 and 8 year 2, no one will want him, he sucks, and UW is on the hook for 45 million over the next 7 years to a shitty coach.
  • Options
    wooderson92wooderson92 Member Posts: 125
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

A mulligan from whom? The FL fanbase? An NFL fanbase? Probably not. Regardless of his lone 10 win season in 2023, If he goes 3-9 in year 1 with UW do you think he’s at the top of anyone’s wish list? You’re kidding yourself if that’s your assumption. They’ll be some other coach who punched above his weight class that the fans and more importantly the donors will be pining over.

Agree to disagree that it's "clear he's thinking about his next job"
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

If he wins 10+ games and sneaks into the 12 team playoff next year with Fajita, McMillen, and Jonah Florida pays the 10 million buyout and he is gone and UW is fucked all over except even harder again.

If he wins 5 games year 1 and 8 year 2, no one will want him, he sucks, and UW is on the hook for 45 million over the next 7 years to a shitty coach.
    Yeah it’s not a great position for UW but I don’t think the AD had any leverage. Wouldn’t be surprised if Fisch agreed in principle to the salary pool and then had his agent write the contract with no red lining.
  • Options

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

What data do you have that tells you otherwise?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,445
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Fuck off

That's the data
  • Options

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

46XiJCAB said:

digits said:

Fuck off

That's the data
    It’s a fair question🤷‍♂️