Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brailsford in the portal

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
This is awesome

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,589
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What a time to be a fan!
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 783
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited January 15
    College Football is a thing of the past. Kids will be in the portal as often as possible taking the biggest bags as possible moving forward.

* edit - and if not they're not playing the game correctly.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You know what was cool? Fucking Durfee this year. That was cool.
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 183
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lol Brailsford was nails filling in for Mele, and was a stud @ G prior. But they got handled v Michigan, don’t want to stay….

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Does entering the portal drive up your NIL value? Same as telling your boss to fuck off so he gives you a raise or you'll leave?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Damn, this one stings more than germ.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,559
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

lol Brailsford was nails filling in for Mele, and was a stud @ G prior. But they got handled v Michigan, don’t want to stay….

Not having our stud RB who was elite at pass blocking was a major factor

Completely one dimensional
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dannarc said:

Does entering the portal drive up your NIL value? Same as telling your boss to fuck off so he gives you a raise or you'll leave?

Yes. It is a negotiation tactic
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,981
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bernard
    Kalepo
    Braisford

3 starters in is not good. Rebuilding the entire oline was not on the bingo card this offseason. Yikes.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,520
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I feel like it is a thing that guys enter and come back and I guess things can change more but I certainly feel like the vast majority don't return. I'm not sure I'm ready for this level of WDWHA cope when we lose guys I've actually watched play a lot of meaningful football. Even guys like Puka and Latu didn't sting too much since I had barely seen them play really.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

Stop that.

If they go in the portal they have the opportunity to leave. If Dannen hired Wilcox then they could bounce. As it is they could easily stay.

Going in the portal by itself doesn't necessarily mean anything under these circumstances it's just the way it's set up by the NCAA right now
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,106
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

I dont understand Brailsford going somewhere else. Guy is really good but everyone always talks about how undersized he is. The last thing he should want to do is leave UW for some SEC southern school and play every game against 330+ interior DLs or go to some Big10 school and be expected to play interior run heavy plodding offense.

Just stay buddy, convince Buelow and Kalepo to come back and look great blocking for Fajita and the actually good Jonah zona RB in a pass offense that is pretty good.

I believe the kids would call this “cope.”
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

dannarc said:

Stop that.

If they go in the portal they have the opportunity to leave. If Dannen hired Wilcox then they could bounce. As it is they could easily stay.

Going in the portal by itself doesn't necessarily mean anything under these circumstances it's just the way it's set up by the NCAA right now
    Stop what? the truth?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

dannarc said:

Stop that.

Stop what? the truth?
    You're being theatrical to say they are going in the portal as a negotiation tactic. What negotiation is Powell making? "2 for 1 Big Mac coupons and a 24 pack of Rainier and I'll start at any team in the Big 12!"

Some are leaving and some are just covering their bases
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,114
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Bernard
    Kalepo
    Braisford

3 starters in is not good. Rebuilding the entire oline was not on the bingo card this offseason. Yikes.

Neither were about a hundred other things.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

dannarc said:

Stop that.

Stop what? the truth?
    You're being theatrical to say they are going in the portal as a negotiation tactic. What negotiation is Powell making? "2 for 1 Big Mac coupons and a 24 pack of Rainier and I'll start at any team in the Big 12!"

Some are leaving and some are just covering their bases
    Go in the portal and see what schools are interested in them. Come back and say, "I've got this offer from this school, are you willing to match it?"