Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One positive of DeWhore burning us…

2»

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Agreed on all counts. This week has fundamentally changed how I view college football. In my mind it merely completed the transition from the amateur, regional, school focused sport that we all once loved to an official minor league business model.

I will be SHOCKED if Jeff Fisch coaches more than 3 seasons here and that's ok.

Buy a coach, buy a roster, win the games.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Every 3-5 years.

But why should this minor league professional sport be funded by the public's taxes? Seriously, if you actually believe "college" has much to do with preparing you for some enlightened career anymore, you haven't been paying attention. This wasn't directed at you personally. Why should these institutions of fraud get to be hedge funds and turn average, ordinary citizens into multimillionaires at our? expense.
    Does football not support itself and all the other sports? That is my assumption.
    It does for now but you're paying the salaries and the hedge funds are profiting while not paying the same taxes you do. Did you think the endowment was paying for this scam?
    What exactly do you think hedge funds are?
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Programs used to be built around coaches. With some rare exceptions, that's going away. Dannen's job is to build a program that pieces can be plugged into. If we find a great coach that wants to stay, fantastic, but the progam should roll on regardless. I'd rather have something like Michigan than what they hope to replicate at Alabama.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fear not, all UW has to do is string together 7 or 8 successful job hoppers until Dylan Morris is qualified for the job.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    wobidbus said:

Fear not, all UW has to do is string together 7 or 8 successful job hoppers until Dylan Morris is qualified for the job.

Dylan Morris and Eddie Olofoshiioio roaming the sidelines as competent UW for life coaches... Some doogs are young enough to dream about 20 years from now
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

wobidbus said:

Dylan Morris and Eddie Olofoshiioio roaming the sidelines as competent UW for life coaches... Some doogs are young enough to dream about 20 years from now
    My drinking patterns during football season will dictate whether or not I get to see that.