Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One positive of DeWhore burning us…

EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
We can now stop looking for the next Don James. That kind of coach doesn’t exist anymore. They’re all mercs, they’re all whores to the highest bidder, and they’ll all jump as soon as a perceived better job opens for a few more dollars. It was doogish and myopic to think that DeWhore was that guy, but at least we’ve had the scales removed from our eyes. The next Don James ain’t walking through that door, and he never will.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

We can now stop looking for the next Don James. That kind of coach doesn’t exist anymore. They’re all mercs, they’re all whores to the highest bidder, and they’ll all jump as soon as a perceived better job opens for a few more dollars. It was doogish and myopic to think that DeWhore was that guy, but at least we’ve had the scales removed from our eyes. The next Don James ain’t walking through that door, and he never will.

This. Win or GTFO. Win and they will LEAVE! Easy as a fan once you wrap your head around it.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He took the rag-tag band of retards with him?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agreed on all counts. This week has fundamentally changed how I view college football. In my mind it merely completed the transition from the amateur, regional, school focused sport that we all once loved to an official minor league business model.

I will be SHOCKED if Jeff Fisch coaches more than 3 seasons here and that's ok.

Buy a coach, buy a roster, win the games.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Every 3-5 years.

The intro to presser Tuesday is a dinosaur of the dying age. We no longer care about your family, that fake "this is where I want to retire", mentioning Don James, and the raucous environment at Husky Stadium. Just STFU, roll up your sleeves, and get mat drills going.
    This.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Agreed on all counts. This week has fundamentally changed how I view college football. In my mind it merely completed the transition from the amateur, regional, school focused sport that we all once loved to an official minor league business model.

The intro to presser Tuesday is a dinosaur of the dying age. We no longer care about your family, that fake "this is where I want to retire", mentioning Don James, and the raucous environment at Husky Stadium. Just STFU, roll up your sleeves, and get mat drills going.
    STAY!!
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

But why should this minor league professional sport be funded by the public's taxes? Seriously, if you actually believe "college" has much to do with preparing you for some enlightened career anymore, you haven't been paying attention. This wasn't directed at you personally. Why should these institutions of fraud get to be hedge funds and turn average, ordinary citizens into multimillionaires at our? expense.
    Does football not support itself and all the other sports? That is my assumption.
    It does for now but you're paying the salaries and the hedge funds are profiting while not paying the same taxes you do. Did you think the endowment was paying for this scam?
  • Options
    BundyDawgBundyDawg Member Posts: 38
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Conventional wisdom is that no one wants to be the guy to follow a legend.

DeBoer won’t care. He will use Alabama for what it’s worth, and he’ll be off to the NFL if things work out with sabans recruits. Cold blooded.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

RoadTrip said:

But why should this minor league professional sport be funded by the public's taxes? Seriously, if you actually believe "college" has much to do with preparing you for some enlightened career anymore, you haven't been paying attention. This wasn't directed at you personally. Why should these institutions of fraud get to be hedge funds and turn average, ordinary citizens into multimillionaires at our? expense.
    Does football not support itself and all the other sports? That is my assumption.
    It does more than that. Winning football programs increase enrollments and endowments. Cauce understands this, which is why we finally have no shit support from the upper campus.
    THIS. A good friend who is an Alabama fan told me yesterday that Alabama's enrollment has doubled since Saban became the head coach. Correlation isn't always causation but probably is in this case.

Regardless, UW has to operate in the world in which it finds itself rather than the world it wishes it was in. The NCAA may make changes to things (that can survive a court challenge) but in the meantime, it has to do the best it possibly can. Part of that is making sure Fisch has a very large buyout so that if he does leave after a few years, UW is in even better financial shape.
    Evidently hugh said it was 20 mil