Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who is Kalen DeBoer?

Is he from Canada? No one in Alabama has ever heard of this guy and he cried at his introductory press conference. He talks funny with no accent or style and seems like he would be a PC type, just from the vibe he gives out.

Are Washington fans glad to be rid of him? I feel like this hire may have been a big mistake for Alabama and was rushed for some reason. All we really know about him, what our sites are saying, is that he has no idea how to develop a defense, can't recruit worth a shit, and he cries at the drop of a hat.

Any additional information that could be provided would be great.

Comments

• Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He’s not gay but he built his whole brand around loyalty and culture building and ‘his people’ just to spit on all of it the second he got the chance.

I don’t hate the guy like a lot of people do; he gave us a legendary season and new favorite Husky in Penix. I bought what he was selling, heard rumors for a few weeks before the natty about Michigan and dismissed them because it seemed to go against everything he preaches. That’s on me.

One question I had was how he’d do when he had to replace the staff he’d coached with forever but I didn’t think it’d be because he stabbed them in the back. He made it a point to mention Morrell had been a part of every win he had as HC just to bounce without telling him.

I get that it’s the reality of the sport but he painted himself in a corner with that being his persona and now it’s a tough look. Dude can coach and if he keeps winning nobody will give a shit. I’m not sure he realizes what he signed himself up for down Bama way.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think we really have any idea either

I don't follow recruiting at all but it seems he put the bare minimum effort in there. Maybe that's just the nature of the game now?

He seems to be a great X's & O's coach

That's all i got
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    Founders Club

He's Dutch.

Never trust the Dutch.
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 14
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can we go back to calling him DeBoner
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

DHD said:

He also tells people "I love you" ... a LOT.

Don't believe it, it's bullshit.

Alabama has never had a gay coach; I'm not sure this will work out with our culture.

Great 2nd post. Now DIAFF and then leave.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He poops his pants a lot.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Is he from Canada? No one in Alabama has ever heard of this guy and he cried at his introductory press conference. He talks funny with no accent or style and seems like he would be a PC type, just from the vibe he gives out.

Are Washington fans glad to be rid of him? I feel like this hire may have been a big mistake for Alabama and was rushed for some reason. All we really know about him, what our sites are saying, is that he has no idea how to develop a defense, can't recruit worth a shit, and he cries at the drop of a hat.

Any additional information that could be provided would be great.

When Kirby Smart pushes your shit in this Fall, this thread will make a lot more sense.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He"ll be gone in 3 years, tops. Fired, or he succeeds and goes to the NFL. I could see the latter happening after 1 season. He's a fish out of water in Alabama.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He"ll be gone in 3 years, tops. Fired, or he succeeds and goes to the NFL. I could see the latter happening after 1 season. He's a fish out of water in Alabama.

His claim to fame will be in his becoming a Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit answer as the first of a long list coaches during Alabama’s longest championship drought.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Deboer’s a ladder climbing piece of shit. I’m going to take a long walk to Hiram’s lock and check out the fish ladder for some perspective.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

DHD said:

Alabama has never had a gay coach; I'm not sure this will work out with our culture.

Saban coached you guys for almost 20 years and you never figured it out huh? Repressed anger, emotional outbursts, ridiculous attention to detail (one might even say anal), spent the entire time talking to teenage boys begging them to come visit for a weekend… The guy is gayer than Elton John
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

DHD said:

Not sure who you are, and why no welcome was given, by Derek but LEAVE, and stay.

Seems you have this place already figured out by dropping this comment.

And DeBoer is pronounced De-Bag
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

Bruce said:

I was calling him the Dutchman but it’s too many letters I now refer to our former coach as Fats.
    Easier for you to remember, too.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    flatus said:

Bruce said:

I was calling him the Dutchman but it’s too many letters I now refer to our former coach as Fats.
    Easier for you to remember, too.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Bruce said:

no because that was a term of endearment.