Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Don’t bother getting to know to Jed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Stuck in a hard place. Get a guy who can build and actually has a network. Plus some kids he might bring over.

He can scheme up an offense. His NFL pedigree is a good talking point for retaining current players on the roster.

He's a NOW coach who gives us a bridge and some solid ground heading into the B1G.

• Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

Dannen just paid this dude 8 million and he is 17-22 as a HC. Dannen may end in a mental institution after these last 10 days. The guy got abused.

He did make Arizona respectable for whatever it’s worth
    Made Arizona Great Again?
    Some may say that
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

Dannen just paid this dude 8 million and he is 17-22 as a HC. Dannen may end in a mental institution after these last 10 days. The guy got abused.

You’ve been hanging out with Softy too much
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The best Arizona coach since Larry Smith

Some peeps may not know who that is. Duckduckgo is your amigo.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Have his daughters moved with him that much? That makes a military family look stable LOL
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 15
    jecornel said:

Christ. It will be a miracle if he’s here three years.

Get Carroll as the DC! People are literally crazy. Carroll gonna coach under fish??? My lord.

Lord, I was born a ramblin’ man

That’s a ton of stops.

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Im trying to understand why he has a rep as a good recruiter. Had one good class, last two haven’t been impressive (ranked in the 50s). What am I missing?
  • Options
    2Z42Z4 Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sunk cost fallacy - either he's what he's shown the last 2 years at Arizona, and someone tries to poach him a year or two from now. Or he's around for a while.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The best Arizona coach since Larry Smith

Some peeps may not know who that is. Duckduckgo is your amigo.

I miss Dick Tomey and Bruce Snyder.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 15
    doogville said:

Im trying to understand why he has a rep as a good recruiter. Had one good class, last two haven’t been impressive (ranked in the 50s). What am I missing?

All I know is there's a lot of context behind recruiting to Arizona after what Sumlin left. And that first class was some great proof of concept and combined with their success of this past season that makes people think he's solid. I dunno. Yeah you would think the 2024 class would be better. He was very in on lots of studs, but lost out in the end. Remember it's Arizona. Coach V, who coaches in Arizona as far as I'm aware, had some interesting thoughts in the Spaces starting at ~55:40. Hard to tell how much doog was involved but I like it.

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1vAxRvmdDWvxl
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    If someone is going to poach him from UW, that means he's winning at UW
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 15
    doogville said:

You're spot on. The reason UA had a good class in whatever year is because UW, USC and UO all had head coaching vacancies. TMac was committed to Oregon (yeah he bounced well before Crystalballs did, don't fuck with my narrative).

It doesn't mean Fisch can't recruit, but it's some head in the sand shit to hang one's hat on that cycle.

And obviously recruiting to Washton is different than recruiting to Arizona.

Unless you're KDB.

LIPO
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

jecornel said:

Arizona, where they don’t give a shit about football. They haven’t won a conference title in 30 years. Historically, that’s the worst job in the Pac12
    All this part is good
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    New AD couldn't pry Leopold from Kansas, so we got his #2 choice in Fish.
    I'm ok with this...was probably the best HC UW could actually get in this cycle.
    Leopold will get a better/bigger offer next year with his track record - Ohio State etc.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I listened to an interview with Fisch. He's a smart, driven guy. He's way smarter than DeBoer in an East Coast, Jewish, chain-smoker voice, had all of his teeth replaced, kind of way.

He's in deep with multiple NFL GOATS and will probably be there in 2-3 years if things go well at UW.
  • Options
    TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 542
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    LawDawg1 said:

I can't wait to hate him.

I already hate him and until we know all the players that he is bringing with him. Then I will know if I should hate him more or less but hate him I shall.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    priapism said:

New AD couldn't pry Leopold from Kansas, so we got his #2 choice in Fish.
    I'm ok with this...was probably the best HC UW could actually get in this cycle.
    Leopold will get a better/bigger offer next year with his track record - Ohio State etc.

Everything I've read is that Fisch was #1 from the get go.