Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bama fucks us, we fuck Zona

13»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

An employee gets benefits and a pension and long term injury care

Not going to happen

Independent contractors.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 151
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

College football wasn’t supposed to evolve like this. Call me a pussy, I don’t care. But I’m salty about it. Oh well times have changed.

The past couple years have been entertaining as hell and I love shit talking Ducks.

But it all feels like a cheap high and the come down sucks.

Fisch feels like a great hire and he was building something at AZ. Different path than the Rick or DeBoer win with others guys model.

But it all feels greasy AF and college football needs a major overhaul.

As Churchill said, capitalism is the worst of all economic systems, except for all the others. Capitalism has fucked college football, comrades.
    Ehhhhh

Players are getting paid - win

Players can leave and own their own brand - win

It's semi pro now and has little to do with colleges.
    Then just have the schools directly pay players, with a salary cap, and contracts.
    This is the way
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Lol

You love to see it

You stole my name
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

College football wasn’t supposed to evolve like this. Call me a pussy, I don’t care. But I’m salty about it. Oh well times have changed.

Anybody who gives anybody shit about mourning the loss of the college football of their youth is a grade A asshole or secretly broken up about it too but the culture of this shithole forbids any vulnerability. So actually, they’re the pussy.

You’re not alone, @jecornel.

I rewatched the movie Moneyball last night (which is why I’ve been referencing it so much). One of the grizzled, jaded old coaches makes the comment (and forgive me for paraphrasing) about finding out when the game (of baseball in this case) is done, “some guys find out at 13, some at 40…”

He was referring to being a player, but I think the similar idea could be applied to being a fan. It’s actually rare for someone to be a lifelong fan. Between changes to your team, the league, or in your own life (marriage, job, kids) most people usually walk away at some point.
    We’re supposed to say fuck perspective but your perspective has been en fuego this week.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

As someone who has fucked on that campus in the distant past... I can say this program needs a collective penicillin drip stat.

Does any else recall the Paint the Campus White Program from the early 2000’s?

I could elaborate but would really prefer not to.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Read this in the goldblum voice.

“Man creates dinosaurs…dinosaurs eat man…”

“…and woman inherits the earth.”

Just seeing this. Incredible reply
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

digits said:

jecornel said:

I miss the old times too, but fuck it, Dawgs gotta eat. This is the modern college football reality. Dannen better have the next coach targeted and teed up. Fucks like Sexton make that priority one. To use Dedouche’s platitudes, it looks like UW is built for this …. again. Don’t forget, Hurrying Hugh took a pay cut to play pro ball.
    Huh? It's Hurricane Hugh.
    I’m too lazy to fix autocorrect fuckups.
    My man.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

digits said:

jecornel said:

I miss the old times too, but fuck it, Dawgs gotta eat. This is the modern college football reality. Dannen better have the next coach targeted and teed up. Fucks like Sexton make that priority one. To use Dedouche’s platitudes, it looks like UW is built for this …. again. Don’t forget, Hurrying Hugh took a pay cut to play pro ball.
    Huh? It's Hurricane Hugh.
    I’m too lazy to fix autocorrect fuckups.
    My man.
    His post clearly gave you a boner
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

jecornel said:

The past couple years have been entertaining as hell and I love shit talking Ducks.

Fisch feels like a great hire and he was building something at AZ. Different path than the Rick or DeBoer win with others guys model.

As Churchill said, capitalism is the worst of all economic systems, except for all the others. Capitalism has fucked college football, comrades.
    Ehhhhh

Then just have the schools directly pay players, with a salary cap, and contracts.
    That's not a fix

Boosters will still exist

1. Because you can either take university salary or university salary and booster money on the DL.

2. Contracts will never work because why would players sign a multi year contract with one team if another will offer one year deals? Why should a 5* qb that signs with a school and redshirts, play backup the rest of their career because the school signed a better 5* the next year?

If you're going to make it semi-pro then you would to eliminate colleges from the occasion entirely, and it would get even more complicated once you factor other sports into the mix.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    bigcc said:

jecornel said:

Ehhhhh

That's not a fix

1. Because you can either take university salary or university salary and booster money on the DL.

2. Contracts will never work because why would players sign a multi year contract with one team if another will offer one year deals? Why should a 5* qb that signs with a school and redshirts, play backup the rest of their career because the school signed a better 5* the next year?

If you're going to make it semi-pro then you would to eliminate colleges from the occasion entirely, and it would get even more complicated once you factor other sports into the mix.
    Contracts would be conference or league wide ( big, sec, etc.) and reflect interests of the schools and players. TV company/conference/school would be partners, wouldn’t replace NIL but players could not just hop teams every year.

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 20

bigcc said:

jecornel said:

Ehhhhh

That's not a fix

Contracts would be conference or league wide ( big, sec, etc.) and reflect interests of the schools and players. TV company/conference/school would be partners, wouldn’t replace NIL but players could not just hop teams every year.

There's like 40k threads to pull that dismantles this utopia of loyal players

EDIT: easiest way to dismantle it is pointing out that players should be fucked by committing and having a coach leave?

Or going back to archaicly having transfers sit a year and be punished for it?

There's no easy answer and it's going to be like this for the foreseeable future