Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One other bit of collateral damage

2»

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Be honest: Had I asked you in 2021, right after Lake was fired for going 4-8, whether you’d want a coaching candidate who’d go 25-3, 3-0 against Oregon, have the Dawgs in the national championship game in year two, then get poached by Alabama, you’d have said HELL YEAH.

If fact, if I offered you the same candidate today, your answer would be the same.

LIPO. In this portal era, the right coach shouldn’t need long to rebuild the roster.

and in that case, how long do we give him? 2 years? 1 year? before calls for genocide begin
  • Options
    PurpleTicklerPurpleTickler Member Posts: 215
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    TTJ said:

Be honest: Had I asked you in 2021, right after Lake was fired for going 4-8, whether you’d want a coaching candidate who’d go 25-3, 3-0 against Oregon, have the Dawgs in the national championship game in year two, then get poached by Alabama, you’d have said HELL YEAH.

If fact, if I offered you the same candidate today, your answer would be the same.

LIPO. In this portal era, the right coach shouldn’t need long to rebuild the roster.

Absolutely agree with this perspective. A repeat of the DeBoer experience would be a possible outcome if Fisch was hired by UW and left for Florida or the NFL in a couple years.

This is such a stressful time because nobody knows what is coming next.

How I feel about the DeBoer departure will really be influenced by who we hire. I didn't really harbor any resentment towards Sark because we ended up with an A+ hire in Petersen. If Dannen ends up making a good hire, I probably won't have much resentment for DeBoer leaving either.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

As I get older one of the gifts life has given me to look at people and events with more nuance and accepting the good and bad of both.

You're right @DerekJohnson, I will until the day I die remember this week and all its pain, disappointment, and anger. I will never forgive The Dutchman for what he did. Go to Alabama if you want Kalen, but at least have the decency to give your entire focus to the team (who are the REAL reason you got this new job in the first place) during THEIR national championship game. You and Sexton could've finished up your backdoor dealing earlier/later.

But I'm also going to remember fondly the TWO victories over Oregon, Polk's crazy tip-drill TD in the Sugar Bowl, the delicious chaos of the Pac 12 falling apart and how AMC got us on the B1G lifeboat. Undefeated regular season. Penix. Odunze. Having USC take Cohen off our hands.

You dickweeds will probably tease me, but I keep one of those "gratitude journal" things. It's one of the reasons why I haven't chugged a giant bottle of Clorox yet. There's still lots to be thankful for.

Is that how you keep track of your brothel finances? I figured the madam handled that aspect?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

We had a good run. It's the way it is now. I guess I don't understand why people think it wouldn't happen to Washington, or are ready to wish him eternal damnation, when it's happened to Oklahomo, Notre Dame, and FSU, who combined have like 25 "natties."
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 14

As I get older one of the gifts life has given me to look at people and events with more nuance and accepting the good and bad of both.

You're right @DerekJohnson, I will until the day I die remember this week and all its pain, disappointment, and anger. I will never forgive The Dutchman for what he did. Go to Alabama if you want Kalen, but at least have the decency to give your entire focus to the team (who are the REAL reason you got this new job in the first place) during THEIR national championship game. You and Sexton could've finished up your backdoor dealing earlier/later.

But I'm also going to remember fondly the TWO victories over Oregon, Polk's crazy tip-drill TD in the Sugar Bowl, the delicious chaos of the Pac 12 falling apart and how AMC got us on the B1G lifeboat. Undefeated regular season. Penix. Odunze. Having USC take Cohen off our hands.

You dickweeds will probably tease me, but I keep one of those "gratitude journal" things. It's one of the reasons why I haven't chugged a giant bottle of Clorox yet. There's still lots to be thankful for.

Is that how you keep track of your brothel finances? I figured the madam handled that aspect?
    Oh, the business stuff is kept in a separate ledger with a complex set of code words and fake names to protect our clientele. I would NEVER mingle the two, very unprofessional.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    Founders Club

Oh, the business stuff is kept in a separate ledger with a complex set of code words and fake names to protect our clientele. I would NEVER mingle the two, very unprofessional.
    I thought so. I’ve always assumed you’re a consummate professional.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I thought so. I’ve always assumed you’re a consummate professional.
    ISWYDT
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chinned for dickweeds.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 14
    A repeat of DeBoer can’t happen because the new coach won’t inherit anywhere close the team that DeBoer inherited.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

A release of DeBoer can’t happen because the new coach won’t inherit anywhere close the team that DeBoer inherited.

Release? I assume it’s a typo and you mean repeat.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

A repeat of DeBoer can’t happen because the new coach won’t inherit anywhere close the team that DeBoer inherited.

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

LawDawg1 said:

He might bring in some talent. Tell us who he is going to be inheriting that is the equivalent of Rome, McMillan, Polk, and the O line?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Accurate.

I've already deleted all my game downloads from this epic season. There's no chance I can possibly watch anything from this season for a long long time, if ever. Straight up shanked, robbed, and left to die in the gutter. Every good memory from this season has been drowned in piss.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 15
    jecornel said:

Accurate.

I've already deleted all my game downloads from this epic season. There's no chance I can possibly watch anything from this season for a long long time, if ever. Straight up shanked, robbed, and left to die in the gutter. Every good memory from this season has been drowned in piss.

I lied. I'm watching the UW Arizona game and KDs stupid gum chomping face right now.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

When UW fans think back to 2023, the first thing they're going to think of is not Penix and Rome and Trice and Dillon and the Heisman chase and winning the Sugar Bowl. They're gonna think of DeBoer interviewing and negotiating with Alabama while he was preparing for a natty, and then leaving the team completely gutted.

Not me I was at both Oregon games. Was Awesome. You should try it sometime.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

We had a good run. It's the way it is now. I guess I don't understand why people think it wouldn't happen to Washington, or are ready to wish him eternal damnation, when it's happened to Oklahomo, Notre Dame, and FSU, who combined have like 25 "natties."
    It's because DB was here for only two fucking seasons.

- OU: Riley was HC for 5 seasons
    - ND: Kelly was HC for 12 seasons
    - FSU: Jimbo was HC for 8 seasons
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

TTJ said:

None of those guys left directly after playing in the national title game. That is totally unprecedented.