Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

5 - 0 to start 2024 or I'm out on Fisch

BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
If Fisch is the guy (recruiting, portal, and actual coaching) there's zero reason we? aren't 5 - 0 to start the year. Just need to get the NIL money distributed quickly. Toughest game should be week 5 at Rutgers simply because of the travel.

Michigan is losing a ton of guys, too, along with their coach. Allow me to Doog and say an upset win over Michigan is possible in week 6, although they probably just run for 400 yards for a slow and painful death.

Big problem is that the depth next season is going to be horrendous.

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

If Fisch is the guy (recruiting, portal, and actual coaching) there's zero reason we? aren't 5 - 0 to start the year. Just need to get the NIL money distributed quickly. Toughest game should be week 5 at Rutgers simply because of the travel.

Michigan is losing a ton of guys, too, along with their coach. Allow me to Doog and say an upset win over Michigan is possible in week 6, although they probably just run for 400 yards for a slow and painful death.

I think I heard 44 Sr's. If Harbuagh does in fact leave we should win as crazy as that sounds.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think I heard 44 Sr's. If Harbuagh does in fact leave we should win as crazy as that sounds.
    Michigan currently has 8 players that are leaving school early for the NFL Draft to go along with 40 Seniors that will be graduating. tOSU will raid anyone that is left once Harbaugh leaves for the cowboys and the death portal is opened.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Need Fisch to bring his star players on offense up here... Pay em
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    UW should be favored in at least 8 games next year. Win all those and Fisch can prove he's a + coach by winning a couple more you? "shouldn't".
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    MelloDawg said:

Start 9-0. Upset Penn State and prove you’re the guy. Overcome the trap UCLA game. Finish off at Oregon to go 12-0.

Or GTFO.

Drunk posting rules!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Maybe. But I will wait to see finer field a roster first.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    digits said:

MelloDawg said:

Start 9-0. Upset Penn State and prove you’re the guy. Overcome the trap UCLA game. Finish off at Oregon to go 12-0.

Or GTFO.

Drunk posting rules!
    It sure as hell does!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 15
    If Fisch loses to Rutgers you push him out of the plane somewhere over Lake Michigan on the flight back to seatac.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,470
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 15

AOG said:

I don't think depth is an excuse any longer in the new wild west of cfb

UW had mediocre depth this past season. The entire roster can't be built via the portal. Some of it has to be high school guys, not just mercenaries. Budget doesn't exist for 100% of the latter.
    OK but coaches can't keep using it annually. One year for a rebuild is all you get. It used to be an excuse that would last for years.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,008

STFU UW doesnt have a qb right now. If there was a way to block you i would. Seinfeld watchers in full force now.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

STFU UW doesnt have a qb right now. If there was a way to block you i would. Seinfeld watchers in full force now.
    Uh, you have Fajita.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Settle down, Francis.

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    AOG said:

AOG said:

I don't think depth is an excuse any longer in the new wild west of cfb

UW had mediocre depth this past season. The entire roster can't be built via the portal. Some of it has to be high school guys, not just mercenaries. Budget doesn't exist for 100% of the latter.
    OK but coaches can't keep using it annually. One year for a rebuild is all you get. It used to be an excuse that would last for years.
    I still believe the test sample is 3 seasons, as it's always been. The current status of this roster is... concerning. He's got a ton of work to do.