Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bama fucks us, we fuck Zona

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club

AEB said:

To close the loop, Beat Bama in the engorged playoffs in two years.

I posted some fanfic the other day about a pissed and greased up UW storming into Tuscaloosa in 2028 and beating DeBoner rather easily, leading to him getting fired and hired at Minnesota, where he becomes our bitch

We are one step closer.
    What happened to PJ?
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,272 Founders Club
    jecornel said:

College football wasn’t supposed to evolve like this. Call me a pussy, I don’t care. But I’m salty about it. Oh well times have changed.

I miss the old times too, but fuck it, Dawgs gotta eat. This is the modern college football reality. Dannen better have the next coach targeted and teed up. Fucks like Sexton make that priority one. To use Dedouche’s platitudes, it looks like UW is built for this …. again. Don’t forget, Hurrying Hugh took a pay cut to play pro ball.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

The ADs are now having to recruit the portal

Good. I actually think this will help the sport and break the agents’ stranglehold on things.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,378
    Canadawg said:

The ADs are now having to recruit the portal

Dannen’s got the digits…”Better Call Jimmy”…
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470

jecornel said:

College football wasn’t supposed to evolve like this. Call me a pussy, I don’t care. But I’m salty about it. Oh well times have changed.

I miss the old times too, but fuck it, Dawgs gotta eat. This is the modern college football reality. Dannen better have the next coach targeted and teed up. Fucks like Sexton make that priority one. To use Dedouche’s platitudes, it looks like UW is built for this …. again. Don’t forget, Hurrying Hugh took a pay cut to play pro ball.
    Huh? It's Hurricane Hugh.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,969

AEB said:

To close the loop, Beat Bama in the engorged playoffs in two years.

I posted some fanfic the other day about a pissed and greased up UW storming into Tuscaloosa in 2028 and beating DeBoner rather easily, leading to him getting fired and hired at Minnesota, where he becomes our bitch

We are one step closer.
    I chinned it then, and I’ll chin it now
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,272 Founders Club
    digits said:

jecornel said:

Huh? It's Hurricane Hugh.
    I’m too lazy to fix autocorrect fuckups.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,969
    jecornel said:

It broke because as much as we loved the old days, CF was an exploitative monopoly in so many ways. It won’t stabilize until the players get a cut from the conferences. Coaches salaries will go flat or decline and player shares will go up. Is it semi-pro? Yes, but at least it’ll be honest.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,292 Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

The past couple years have been entertaining as hell and I love shit talking Ducks.

But it all feels like a cheap high and the come down sucks.

Fisch feels like a great hire and he was building something at AZ. Different path than the Rick or DeBoer win with others guys model.

But it all feels greasy AF and college football needs a major overhaul.

As Churchill said, capitalism is the worst of all economic systems, except for all the others. Capitalism has fucked college football, comrades.
    Ehhhhh

Players are getting paid - win

Players can leave and own their own brand - win

It's semi pro now and has little to do with colleges.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club

jecornel said:

The past couple years have been entertaining as hell and I love shit talking Ducks.

Fisch feels like a great hire and he was building something at AZ. Different path than the Rick or DeBoer win with others guys model.

As Churchill said, capitalism is the worst of all economic systems, except for all the others. Capitalism has fucked college football, comrades.
    Ehhhhh

They should be employees. They should have been decades ago. Cardale Jones didn't go to Ohio State to play school. It's a brutal sport, so they should get hellth insurance...until they get a job out of college, or when they leave college. My .02. I don't know what to do about the NIL and transfer portal mess. It shouldn't be a fucking free for all though. All four major N. American leagues have rules and commissioners. It keeps order. There is no order right now.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,870 Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

Ehhhhh

Then just have the schools directly pay players, with a salary cap, and contracts.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,351 Founders Club
    An employee gets benefits and a pension and long term injury care

Not going to happen