Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pick a game on next year's schedule for me and Mrs. Sobchak to attend

Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
edited January 19 in Hardcore Husky Board
We visit Seattle regularly, usually before a trip to Victoria. I joined a fancy golf club in Vic a while back and my wife fancies herself the type of person who escapes the Houston heat to "do summers" in your corner of the country.

Other than the Michigan game (committed to going to a wedding that day in the Seattle area already/kill me), which game would you choose on next year's schedule for a first experience in Husky stadium. Considerations include atmosphere, weather, etc.

Comments

• Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Too bad you’ll miss the Michigan game, that’s the clear winner of next years schedule and as of 2 days ago was very much looking forward to it. Now, not so much. Out of the rest of games, November 2 USC is the best for sure for a game atmosphere. But, could be pretty bad weather wise.

I’d DeBoer had stayed, I’d have recommended any game since it would have a good UW crowd and even a September game against Eastern Michigan would give you an opportunity for great weather and probably a late-arriving but healthy fan attendance. I don’t see that happening now. Lots of tradeoffs between weather and game atmosphere is what I see for 2024. I’m still bummed, which is probably making me overly pessimistic about 2024. But in reality the team is decimated by the NFL and transfer portal as of right now.

As of now, September 14th is an open date. If that gets filled with the Apple Cup that could be a fun experience. Would be good weather and likely a good fan turnout. But, only go if it’s at Husky Stadium. Don’t bother if it’s at a Lumen Field.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,933
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should move this to the main bored!
  • Options
    Until an hour ago, it felt like maybe the wrong time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So thoughtful. You’re going to give @EsophagealFeces a run for his money as the nice guy of the year award.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Should move this to the main bored!

Thought about it but worried it would get buried with all the Fisch CPA hot talk.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    Founders Club
    spuden said:

Too bad you’ll miss the Michigan game, that’s the clear winner of next years schedule and as of 2 days ago was very much looking forward to it. Now, not so much. Out of the rest of games, November 2 USC is the best for sure for a game atmosphere. But, could be pretty bad weather wise.

I’d DeBoer had stayed, I’d have recommended any game since it would have a good UW crowd and even a September game against Eastern Michigan would give you an opportunity for great weather and probably a late-arriving but healthy fan attendance. I don’t see that happening now. Lots of tradeoffs between weather and game atmosphere is what I see for 2024. I’m still bummed, which is probably making me overly pessimistic about 2024. But in reality the team is decimated by the NFL and transfer portal as of right now.

As of now, September 14th is an open date. If that gets filled with the Apple Cup that could be a fun experience. Would be good weather and likely a good fan turnout. But, only go if it’s at Husky Stadium. Don’t bother if it’s at a Lumen Field.

Weather vs atmosphere/opponent. I got lucky in November for the weather at the Utah game. Rained a little and wasn’t freezing cold.
  • Options
    Realized on response that I come off like a big pussy. I'm not especially concerned about bad weather. My favorite Clemson game ever was the 2015 ND game that was played in a literal hurricane. Only concern in re: weather is if it causes other people to stay home and degrades the gameday experience.

USC sounds like the winner.
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 183
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eastern Michigan. Revenge game
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    For good weather in September, go to the Apple Cup on 9/14. Should be extra spicey Coug fans in attendance. The rest of the home schedule is trash until USC in November (since you can't go to the Michigan game).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Go to the game in Eugene and experience the joy that is duck fans.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Northwestern. Take in the pageantry of BIG football!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club

Northwestern. Take in the pageantry of BIG football!

Downtown Evanston is incredible!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

We visit Seattle regularly, usually before a trip to Victoria. I joined a fancy golf club in Vic a while back and my wife fancies herself the type of person who escapes the Houston heat to "do summers" in your corner of the country.

Other than the Michigan game (committed to going to a wedding that day in the Seattle area already/kill me), which game would you choose on next year's schedule for a first experience in Husky stadium. Considerations include atmosphere, weather, etc.

You joined a golf club in a place where you don't live or at least spend a significant amount of time?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You joined a golf club in a place where you don't live or at least spend a significant amount of time?
    Not that weird. Don’t judge.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Uplands? Victoria? Bear Mountain?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    USC is the answer … historically USC avoids coming North in November and there’s a long history of disaster for them when they do

Victoria is great and definitely a massive improvement over Houston in the summer … I’m assuming Bear Mountain?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The first game with school in session is usually a good atmosphere.