Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete Carroll is a once in a generation coach

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,904 Founders Club
edited January 14 in Hardcore Husky Board
What kind of cunt would click this thread?

@GrundleStiltzkin

Comments

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Ignore my raised hackles and suspicious growl at you're own expense.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

What say you regarding this Carroll-tomdoogery? You seemed to have had the last two weeks dialed in.
    AEB said:

What say you regarding this Carroll-tomdoogery? You seemed to have had the last two weeks dialed in.
    One, I've always loathed Carroll. I am not a Twoolve and thus not swayed by his rehab stint in the neon-green and seafoam blue.

Bringing in Carroll would be a bandaid, carpetbagger hire with an implicit expiration date, because he's old and also full of shit. I can recognize that enough people actually believe in this guym that it could, likely would, have some short term pop and get results. I don't think this is the way to build a program.

Smarter people than me are working on this, and I can imagine there are thoughtful, deliberate ways to craft a long term plan around having Carroll in the chair for a couple years. But, given the hiring time constraints, how much of a plan could be in place in 48 hours. Sure, adjustments can be made along the way, but I don't think big ones. Once the guy is in, gotta roll with him.

Whatever, no one cares what I think, nor should they. I'd probably enjoy individual wins with Carroll. But it's likely to be as ephemeral as Deboor, in different ways.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803

<--- Cunt.</p>

Your arrow was pointing at my dog on the couch.. cunt
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

AEB said:

One, I've always loathed Carroll. I am not a Twoolve and thus not swayed by his rehab stint in the neon-green and seafoam blue.

Bringing in Carroll would be a bandaid, carpetbagger hire with an implicit expiration date, because he's old and also full of shit. I can recognize that enough people actually believe in this guym that it could, likely would, have some short term pop and get results. I don't think this is the way to build a program.

Smarter people than me are working on this, and I can imagine there are thoughtful, deliberate ways to craft a long term plan around having Carroll in the chair for a couple years. But, given the hiring time constraints, how much of a plan could be in place in 48 hours. Sure, adjustments can be made along the way, but I don't think big ones. Once the guy is in, gotta roll with him.

Whatever, no one cares what I think, nor should they. I'd probably enjoy individual wins with Carroll. But it's likely to be as ephemeral as Deboor, in different ways.
    I care and I think.

AEB said:

I care and I think.
    Thanks, Thinker-of-Taft!

AEB said:

I care and I think.
    Thanks, Thinker-of-Taft!
    GRUNDLE STOp. You’re making me blush.

AEB said:

I care and I think.
    Thanks, Thinker-of-Taft!
    GRUNDLE STOp. You’re making me blush.
    Conserve that vascular flow, pod, you'll need it.