Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete Carroll Makes Too Much Sense

Comments

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

…and here is why. Not only did he get forced out of the nfl before he was ready and surely feels like he has unfinished business…and he won’t even have to move again but…

He likes coaching with his kids. Nate and Brennan were a big part of the Seahawks success but what I haven’t seen anyone here mention is that Brennan set off on his own a few years ago. Maybe to try to get on the track for a head coaching job.

Anyone know where to?

Jedd Fisch’s Arizona staff as OC. Where they’ve put up 6.7 and 6.4 ypp the last two years.

Pete brings in Brennan as OC and Nate as WR coach/co-OC and then turns over the reigns to Brennan in 3-5 years with Nate as his OC.

Meanwhile he gets to have more fun than he has had in the nfl and gets the chance to go out on top on his terms while being with his kids all day.

More fun? College football is more work. Lol
    I'm not disagreeing at all, but I am curious what makes you say that
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Ok fine. I’m in

Feces, you worthless cunt!

I wouldn’t hate PC getting hired.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He had better not have the dumbass coordinators he had during the Seahawk tim. Bevell, boxer jr., Hurttttttt
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RoadTrip said:

Just to be clear I wanted Fisch becasue he has an immediate line on talent. It's going to take PC some time to get his reads down. Not that he can't buy this is now a 3-5 year rebuild. At least he isn't taking another job.

1) pre-portal, Carroll did it in 2 years
    2) Alabama's roster is fair game today
    3) we can probably bribe some lower tier coaches to work at Washington for a few hours to open their players up to the portal
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 14
    TheHB said:

I think Carroll’s 14 years as head coach in the NFL, including a Super Bowl title, would do very well in living rooms and transfer portals, actually.

The SC years are gravy.

But anyone whose ever listened to him talk for more than a couple minutes is sold.

That said, he’s not my No. 1.

The SC years aren't gravy, they prove he is elite at the college level.

Pete was seriously doubted when he took the job at SC. He was no where near their first choice. He had been a players coach in the NFL and hadn't yet been able to put together a championship level team. He rolls in and it becomes crystal clear his coaching style works extremely well with kids, much more so than it did in the NFL at that time.

Pete would kill it at UW, especially in the portal and NIL era.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

I think Carroll’s 14 years as head coach in the NFL, including a Super Bowl title, would do very well in living rooms and transfer portals, actually.

The SC years are gravy.

But anyone whose ever listened to him talk for more than a couple minutes is sold.

Pete was seriously doubted when he took the job at SC. He was no where near their first choice. He had been a players coach in the NFL and hadn't yet been able to put together a championship level team. He rolls in and it becomes crystal clear his coaching style works extremely well with kids, much more so than it did in the NFL at that time.

It’s been 14 years since PC left USC but look at how USC did before and after him. Helton probably has 2 of their best seasons. Clay fucking Helton.

PC is still a young 72. You look at him and think he’s 62. He still has fuel in the tank.

I don’t hate the idea of hiring PC at all.

Pete embraced the Pup (RIP), nothing has changed with him. Except he proved he could take his SC style north and excel in the NFL. And I agree, he is a very young 72, fucker has some Peter Pan in him.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RoadTrip said:

Just to be clear I wanted Fisch becasue he has an immediate line on talent. It's going to take PC some time to get his reads down. Not that he can't buy this is now a 3-5 year rebuild. At least he isn't taking another job.

The fuck? You're out of your element Donnie.

Pete Carroll is the most charismatic coach in probably all of sports - the greatest recruiter in the game when he was at USC, and the most beloved players coach in Seattle. His reads are down and have been for 30 years. He could pull whoever the fuck he wants, portal and high school alike.

Though as much as I love @FremontTroll's doog wet dream, Pete ain't happening.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    If you guys hire Pete, you’re signing on to have Brennan Carroll as HC within 2-3 years. As long as you’re ok with that, then go ahead
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

The SC years are gravy.

This is actual fact. I was living in LA at the time. Everybody hated this hire. I loved it as he was the 49ers DB coach and then DC in the late 80s/90s. His coaching Rolodex is huge and respect from players universal.

Caveat emptor. I’m massively dooging.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

If you guys hire Pete, you’re signing on to have Brennan Carroll as HC within 2-3 years. As long as you’re ok with that, then go ahead

"That was then. This is now." - Barbara Hedges
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 14
    RoadTrip said:

Postal91 said:

RoadTrip said:

Sorry not in...too old won't attract talent

I wanted Fisch for the short term access to immediate talent but the more I think about this it's healthybfor the city of Seattle. He's a fing legend and has a ton of contacts. It might not pay off in year 1 but maybe by year 3 or 4 the Dawgs can get back to the playoffs?
    He's the proven version of Prime, White Prime.

The coach is proven winner and now he has the damn portal at his dispense. I bet you he gets real dangerous real quick and brings a ton of coaching talent that will just rip the recruiting landscape apart, sitting back chewing gum and laughing while looking over Lake Washington.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

RoadTrip said:

Postal91 said:

RoadTrip said:

Sorry not in...too old won't attract talent

I wanted Fisch for the short term access to immediate talent but the more I think about this it's healthybfor the city of Seattle. He's a fing legend and has a ton of contacts. It might not pay off in year 1 but maybe by year 3 or 4 the Dawgs can get back to the playoffs?
    He's the proven version of Prime, White Prime.

The coach is proven winner and now he has the damn portal at his dispense. I bet you he gets real dangerous real quick and brings a ton of coaching talent that will just rip the recruiting landscape apart, sitting back chewing gum and laughing while looking over Lake Washington.
    He can also do your taxes
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

He can also do your taxes

Well fuck, let me go get my w2s! After getting bent over a barrel last year now I'm completely sold! We go from an insurance salesman to this. Done.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

If it leads to that conclusion after 2-3 years, I'm 100% fine with that
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

TheHB said:

The SC years are gravy.

We joke about the Aurora Bridge, but Pete could actually get a gang of us together and persuade us to leap in just a matter of weeks.
    Amen!