Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Grubb is not going to be the Head Coach

2»

Comments

• bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    PatsDoog said:

bigcc said:

If they told grubb he isn't the guy (especially when he didn't mention where he was going) that means uw knows who they're getting, otherwise they'd string him along as a fallback

Have to imagine we will find out early tomorrow and press on Monday or Tuesday

Someone boot up the flightaware for Tucson Int'l Airport, tomorrow we're going Fisching

Wouldn't surprise me, and wouldn't be upset, again would likely be a short rental but hopefully he'd be tagged with a buyout and for the next HC and the roster wouldn't be in such an abysmal state
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803

Honestly hearing "I wanted this job but they didnt give it to me" from a coach is so rare this is actually refreshing. Grubb might be the only real mother fucker around. Still glad he's not going to be the coach.

......yet.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741
    bigcc said:

Postal91 said:

Nice to know he clearly reads this bored and sent a shoutout specifically to “those who hate me sometimes”

But seriously, thank fucking god for saying no to grubb as HC

If you didn’t tear up reading that shoutout, what are we even doing here?
    Yeah, the I love you at the end. I want nothing but good for him, shit, even for Pete to retain him. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to follow the snake around while he chases his dream and he's in the shadow. Ryan, I hope the best for you and thanks for the fun
    I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he still gets a HC gig.... Not uw caliber but maybe something in d1?

What I'm getting at is he likely has options besides being stuck following deboer unless that's what he wants
    He can take over in Arizona after we hire Fisch.

Classy poast by Grubb and I respect him for acknowledging UW fans (still waiting for DeBlower to say anything). That said, maybe we? have a serious AD if he’s not just making the easy internal hire.
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 632
    There is actually probably a half way decent chance Grubb is our coach in like 4-5 years depending on how well Fisch does and how long he’s here. And how the next few years for Grubb go
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,123 Swaye's Wigwam

bigcc said:

Postal91 said:

Nice to know he clearly reads this bored and sent a shoutout specifically to “those who hate me sometimes”

Yeah, the I love you at the end. I want nothing but good for him, shit, even for Pete to retain him. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to follow the snake around while he chases his dream and he's in the shadow. Ryan, I hope the best for you and thanks for the fun
    I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he still gets a HC gig.... Not uw caliber but maybe something in d1?

What I'm getting at is he likely has options besides being stuck following deboer unless that's what he wants

Classy poast by Grubb and I respect him for acknowledging UW fans (still waiting for DeBlower to say anything). That said, maybe we? have a serious AD if he’s not just making the easy internal hire.
    You're going to be waiting a long time for KDs statement to Husky Nation.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,492 Swaye's Wigwam
    OreDawg said:

There is actually probably a half way decent chance Grubb is our coach in like 4-5 years depending on how well Fisch does and how long he’s here. And how the next few years for Grubb go

Fisch isn't the guy
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,799 Swaye's Wigwam
    And families on vacation in the PNW breathe a sigh of relief …
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896

bigcc said:

Postal91 said:

Imagine fisch getting hired at uw, az promoting Brennan carroll to HC, and headlines trying to clickbait people with shit like "CARROLL NAMED HC!"
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,123 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

bigcc said:

Postal91 said:

You're going to be waiting a long time for KDs statement to Husky Nation.
    Uh, he has a radio show on monday.
    8am I'm guessing?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,926 Founders Club
    bigcc said:

Postal91 said:

He can follow Fats or wait to see who UW hires and either interview for that job or try to interview to remain on staff at UW although I doubt that happens. Whoever gets hired at UW will create other openings.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,597 Standard Supporter

bigcc said:

Postal91 said:

He can follow Fats or wait to see who UW hires and either interview for that job or try to interview to remain on staff at UW although I doubt that happens. Whoever gets hired at UW will create other openings.
    Yeah there is still going to be a bunch of movement. Michigan will open too. Unless we truly hire Carroll and Michigan promotes Sherrone Moore some other school is going to need a HC.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Well Grubb is cool with me then. Go to Bama and then get your own HC gig in a couple years.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,579
    whlinder said:

bigcc said:

Postal91 said:

Yeah there is still going to be a bunch of movement. Michigan will open too. Unless we truly hire Carroll and Michigan promotes Sherrone Moore some other school is going to need a HC.
    Sherrone getting the Michigan job if Harbaugh leaves is a done deal
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Houhusky said:

There is no way Chuck Morrell hasn't texted Fudgie about the best places to jump from in Seattle at this point. I actually do kind of feel bad of how his life long buddies Defraud and Grubb have done him...

Chuck "Steak" buddy, WE? know you read this shit... its time to leak it all, burn these fucks, you can stay as a LB/edge coach or something, Pete is a fun coach to work for.

I met two of his buddies in Houston. Great guys. Stand up guys. I also would feel bad for Chuck if he’s door ass out.