Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Leaked audio of DeBlower’s final team meeting

Comments

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Postal91 said:

I KNEW SOMEBODY HAD THAT THING TO LEAK!

Wow, what a mumbling bumbling bitch. 8 minutes that could have been 1, sheesh.

Dude is going to get rekt at Bama.

*Sigh* We hold coaches to a weird standard. We mock them for getting emotional or upset, but we also criticize them if they do nothing but the disingenuous “coach speak”.

But yeah, in corporate America this would’ve been an email followed by a quick meeting with some lackey from HR. Not saying that’s the healthiest way to do it, but this doesn’t seem appropriate either.
    There is plenty of room between emotional crying self centered platitude retard and HR robot. I dont know why you are stuck on defending your cheating ex for sounding like a retard, even chat gpt could have given him a more honest coherent 2 min speech.
    My intent in that post was not to defend him. But after rereading my reply I can see where someone can come to that conclusion. And you’re right, there’s whole lot of different ways you can handle these situations without going full on HR robot.(I am curious now to try to prompt ChatGPT to write a speech for a coach leaving to go to another program now and see what it spits out!)

Again, I’m just trying to say this is all fucked up.
    This is infinately better than the mubbled fake bullet point nonsense Defraud chose.
    My first thought as well
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

He honestly sounds like he convinced himself that despite his professed love for uw, he had no choice but to go to Bama.

Just like your wife when she leaves for the gym? We will take your experienced word for it
    Bro, you need immediate psychological help.

Can we get a board intervention for @haie here?

Same guy who posted this like an hour ago…I’m sure she’ll be home soon 😬

I said uw was going to be special in 2023.

I was right.

I said he was going to make the most of Peterman’s talent.

He did.

I said he was a shit recruiter and it would catch up with him.

He knew it and bolted for the talent rich Crimson Tide.

Hell his best DT recruit decommitted and is begging for a tOSU offer. His home state. LOL…

Face it Skippy, 90-11 used uw to advance. He sucked in idiots like you with his “culture” BS and Midwest solid nice guy routine.

I can’t laugh at you hard enough. It’s not possible.

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Postal91 said:

*Sigh* We hold coaches to a weird standard. We mock them for getting emotional or upset, but we also criticize them if they do nothing but the disingenuous “coach speak”.

But yeah, in corporate America this would’ve been an email followed by a quick meeting with some lackey from HR. Not saying that’s the healthiest way to do it, but this doesn’t seem appropriate either.
    There is plenty of room between emotional crying self centered platitude retard and HR robot. I dont know why you are stuck on defending your cheating ex for sounding like a retard, even chat gpt could have given him a more honest coherent 2 min speech.
    My intent in that post was not to defend him. But after rereading my reply I can see where someone can come to that conclusion. And you’re right, there’s whole lot of different ways you can handle these situations without going full on HR robot.(I am curious now to try to prompt ChatGPT to write a speech for a coach leaving to go to another program now and see what it spits out!)

I agree its fucked...

since you asked... CoachGPT (30 seconds):

I've got something heavy on my heart, and it's not easy to put into words. This season, with all of you, has been a wild ride – from the highs to the lows, we've been through it all. Playing in that national championship game was a dream come true, and it's all because of the incredible team I've had the privilege of leading.

But here's the tough part. I've made a decision that's tearing me up inside. I'm heading over to Alabama to take on the head coaching gig there. It's something I dreamed about as a kid, and it's a chance I can't pass up.

I want you all to know this wasn't an easy call. Leaving the University of Washington, leaving you – it's like leaving family. I've laughed, cried, and fought alongside you all. Each one of you has left an indelible mark on my heart.

To my players, you guys are more than just a team to me. Your passion, your grit – it's contagious. I believe in each one of you, and I know you're going to do amazing things. I get that this news hits hard, and I'm sorry for any disappointment it brings.

As adults, we're faced with tough decisions. Sometimes it's for the team, sometimes it's for ourselves. You guys, too, will face choices – choosing to come here in the first place, transfer portal decisions, whether to pursue the NFL or come back for another year. It's not easy, and there's no one-size-fits-all answer. All I can say is trust your gut, follow your heart, chase your dreams, and remember, every decision shapes your journey.

To my coaching staff, you're the unsung heroes. The late nights, the crazy strategies – it's been a hell of a ride. I owe you all more than I can express.

This decision, it's not a goodbye. It's a "see you later." I might be wearing different colors, but I'm still here for you. Need advice? A chat? Just want to shoot the breeze? Call me anytime. We might be on different paths now, but if you want it, I will help you as much as I can.

So, thankyou for the memories, the wins, the losses, and the family we've become. Washington, you'll always have a piece of my heart.

Ill be in my office for the next hour, if anyone, and I mean anyone, wants to come personally chat please come see me, if not that is ok, I absolutely understand.

Obviously you would sprinkle in a specific anecdote or two from the season or call out a particularly special player/coach... but chatgpt cant do that. This is infinately better than the mubbled fake bullet point nonsense Defraud chose.
    Thank you for saving me the effort - you're right, that was pretty good on the bot's part.

And LOL on CoachGPT.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

He honestly sounds like he convinced himself that despite his professed love for uw, he had no choice but to go to Bama.

Just like your wife when she leaves for the gym? We will take your experienced word for it
    Bro, you need immediate psychological help.

Can we get a board intervention for @haie here?

The apex height of irony.

¿Porque no los dos?
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

digits said:

Where's Jeremiah Pharms when you need him?

POTD... God I miss WARSHINGTON.
  • Options
    BangaRangBangaRang Member Posts: 248
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kumala Harris even says that was too wordy

My hell that was torture
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Would love to hear some recordings of when he kicks dudes like Morell, who’ve been with him from day 1, to the curb. lol. Those dudes know there are only a couple seats on the chopper to bama.

What a snake.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,154
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 14
    doogville said:

Would love to hear some recordings of when he kicks dudes like Morell, who’ve been with him from day 1, to the curb. lol. Those dudes know there are only a couple seats on the chopper to bama.

What a snake.

It's weird that nobody has followed him immediately, right? Nothing would please me more than if zero of the coaches and staffers that he built his career with follow. I want to see him lost in the Alabama swamp alone while Saban watches practice from his sky office.
  • Options
    BonerBoner Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 198
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Founders Club

doogville said:

What a snake.

It's weird that nobody has followed him immediately, right? Nothing would please me more than if zero of the coaches and staffers that he built his career with follow. I want to see him lost in the Alabama swamp alone while Saban watches practice from his sky office.
    I think it’s pretty common to let things cool off before announcing coaches coming from the previous school. Also increases the chances bama can pick up who (if any) they want without paying buyouts.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm shaking, and about to vomit.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 14
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Postal91 said:

I agree its fucked...

since you asked... CoachGPT (30 seconds):

I've got something heavy on my heart, and it's not easy to put into words. This season, with all of you, has been a wild ride – from the highs to the lows, we've been through it all. Playing in that national championship game was a dream come true, and it's all because of the incredible team I've had the privilege of leading.

But here's the tough part.
    I've made a decision that's tearing me up inside. I'm heading over to Alabama to take on the head coaching gig there. It's something I dreamed about as a kid, and it's a chance I can't pass up.

I want you all to know this wasn't an easy call. Leaving the University of Washington, leaving you – it's like leaving family. I've laughed, cried, and fought alongside you all. Each one of you has left an indelible mark on my heart.

To my players, you guys are more than just a team to me. Your passion, your grit – it's contagious. I believe in each one of you, and I know you're going to do amazing things. I get that this news hits hard, and I'm sorry for any disappointment it brings.

As adults, we're faced with tough decisions. Sometimes it's for the team, sometimes it's for ourselves. You guys, too, will face choices – choosing to come here in the first place, transfer portal decisions, whether to pursue the NFL or come back for another year. It's not easy, and there's no one-size-fits-all answer. All I can say is trust your gut, follow your heart, chase your dreams, and remember, every decision shapes your journey.

To my coaching staff, you're the unsung heroes. The late nights, the crazy strategies – it's been a hell of a ride. I owe you all more than I can express.

This decision, it's not a goodbye. It's a "see you later." I might be wearing different colors, but I'm still here for you. Need advice? A chat? Just want to shoot the breeze? Call me anytime. We might be on different paths now, but if you want it, I will help you as much as I can.

So, thankyou for the memories, the wins, the losses, and the family we've become. Washington, you'll always have a piece of my heart.

Ill be in my office for the next hour, if anyone, and I mean anyone, wants to come personally chat please come see me, if not that is ok, I absolutely understand.

Obviously you would sprinkle in a specific anecdote or two from the season or call out a particularly special player/coach... but chatgpt cant do that. This is infinately better than the mubbled fake bullet point nonsense Defraud chose.
    That would have been a coherent and straight-forward speech ... the kind that doesn't scream "please don't be made at me" but instead commands respect because of its honestly and directness. I would have edited it as indicated.

But, we dream. None of these people are terribly articulate or really even that thoughtful or self-aware. It's a strange niche of people who take on the life of a traveling carpet salesman, working up from the most humble beginnings and living a weird nomadic life to get to where he is right now. By the time they get there, none of them are sophisticated in anything else but what they do. The Phi Beta Kappa list in the coaching ranks is fucking short af. Marv Levy ... current coach of the Dolphins ... a few of those guys. Rare. Debaoer is probably in the upper quartile in terms of smarts, and this rambling incoherent babble is what you get.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The clapping at the end was disappointing.

That had to be either his staff or back-end support staff sheep that drank the kool-aid

No chance players clapped for that hot garbage