Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete Carroll Makes Too Much Sense

…and here is why. Not only did he get forced out of the nfl before he was ready and surely feels like he has unfinished business…and he won’t even have to move again but…

He likes coaching with his kids. Nate and Brennan were a big part of the Seahawks success but what I haven’t seen anyone here mention is that Brennan set off on his own a few years ago. Maybe to try to get on the track for a head coaching job.

Anyone know where to?

Jedd Fisch’s Arizona staff as OC. Where they’ve put up 6.7 and 6.4 ypp the last two years.

Pete brings in Brennan as OC and Nate as WR coach/co-OC and then turns over the reigns to Brennan in 3-5 years with Nate as his OC.

Meanwhile he gets to have more fun than he has had in the nfl and gets the chance to go out on top on his terms while being with his kids all day.

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

…and here is why. Not only did he get forced out of the nfl before he was ready and surely feels like he has unfinished business…and he won’t even have to move again but…

He likes coaching with his kids. Nate and Brennan were a big part of the Seahawks success but what I haven’t seen anyone here mention is that Brennan set off on his own a few years ago. Maybe to try to get on the track for a head coaching job.

Anyone know where to?

Jedd Fisch’s Arizona staff as OC. Where they’ve put up 6.7 and 6.4 ypp the last two years.

Pete brings in Brennan as OC and Nate as WR coach/co-OC and then turns over the reigns to Brennan in 3-5 years with Nate as his OC.

Meanwhile he gets to have more fun than he has had in the nfl and gets the chance to go out on top on his terms while being with his kids all day.

As a father, I want this to happen.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

DOOG

DOOG

DOOG

I'm dooging

I like how we don't even poast the gifs anymore.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,235
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sorry not in...too old won't attract talent
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

DOOG

DOOG

DOOG

I'm dooging

I like how we don't even poast the gifs anymore.
    too much effort

sure.gif
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Postal91 said:

Anyone know where to?

As a father, I want this to happen.
    As a man of the loin cloth, I always root for genetics. Some things just matter more than football.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    RoadTrip said:

If you thought Petersen was a closer wait until you see Carroll go to work in the living room.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

• Options
    Founders Club
    Just to be clear I wanted Fisch becasue he has an immediate line on talent. It's going to take PC some time to get his reads down. Not that he can't buy this is now a 3-5 year rebuild. At least he isn't taking another job.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Anyone know where to?

More fun? College football is more work. Lol
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,138
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Anyone know where to?

This is the nepotism our Washington football Huskies need right now. I'm in.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

RoadTrip said:

I wanted Fisch for the short term access to immediate talent but the more I think about this it's healthybfor the city of Seattle. He's a fing legend and has a ton of contacts. It might not pay off in year 1 but maybe by year 3 or 4 the Dawgs can get back to the playoffs?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

Postal91 said:

RoadTrip said:

I wanted Fisch for the short term access to immediate talent but the more I think about this it's healthybfor the city of Seattle. He's a fing legend and has a ton of contacts. It might not pay off in year 1 but maybe by year 3 or 4 the Dawgs can get back to the playoffs?
    its a 12 team playoff

with the portal, year 2
  • Options
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

JFC😂

Good luck with Lanning. You know he was never a consideration for Alabama right?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    RoadTrip said:

thechatch said:

JFC😂

Good luck with Lanning. You know he was never a consideration for Alabama right?
    This Pete Carroll fever dream has nothing to do with Dan Lanning.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Carroll’s 14 years as head coach in the NFL, including a Super Bowl title, would do very well in living rooms and transfer portals, actually.

The SC years are gravy.

But anyone whose ever listened to him talk for more than a couple minutes is sold.

That said, he’s not my No. 1.