Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Grubb is not going to be the Head Coach

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club

Honestly - classy poast Ryan. Thanks for the memories, and I wish you success in your next endeavor. You deserve to be a head coach somewhere - just not at UW.

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Well thats certainly better than uhhhh buhhhhhh ummmm buhhhhh ummmmmm uhhhhhhh huhhhhh buhhhhhh mmmmmm ahhhhh uhhhhh buhhhhhh

Ya know, ummm, ya know, uhhhh, ya know
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Hes going to bama

If he weren't Im sure he would have tried to hang around and try to get on staff for whoever UW brings along instead of talking about his last day in husky stadium... He was the second highest paid coordinator in college football.

Edit: also much better goodbye, but I still dont trust him, never burned the guy that "betrayed" him
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Bama?

given the notable absence of DeBoer in this statement as a mentor, I don't think so
  • Options
    PatsDoog said:

Bama?

given the notable absence of DeBoer in this statement as a mentor, I don't think so
    Grubb is less retarded and can apparently read the room (just look at his goodbye)

Also he is going to go join Deboer at Bama... no reason to invoke his name while saying he wish he could stay at UW.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Nice to know he clearly reads this bored and sent a shoutout specifically to “those who hate me sometimes”

But seriously, thank fucking god for saying no to grubb as HC
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Nice to know he clearly reads this bored and sent a shoutout specifically to “those who hate me sometimes”

If you didn’t tear up reading that shoutout, what are we even doing here?
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If they told grubb he isn't the guy (especially when he didn't mention where he was going) that means uw knows who they're getting, otherwise they'd string him along as a fallback

Have to imagine we will find out early tomorrow and press on Monday or Tuesday
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, the I love you at the end. I want nothing but good for him, shit, even for Pete to retain him. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to follow the snake around while he chases his dream and he's in the shadow. Ryan, I hope the best for you and thanks for the fun
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 14
    bigcc said:

If they told grubb he isn't the guy (especially when he didn't mention where he was going) that means uw knows who they're getting, otherwise they'd string him along as a fallback

That's how I read it. We has a coach.
  • Options
    There is no way Chuck Morrell hasn't texted Fudgie about the best places to jump from in Seattle at this point. I actually do kind of feel bad of how his life long buddies Defraud and Grubb have done him...

Chuck "Steak" buddy, WE? know you read this shit... its time to leak it all, burn these fucks, you can stay as a LB/edge coach or something, Pete is a fun coach to work for.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    bigcc said:

Someone boot up the flightaware for Tucson Int'l Airport, tomorrow we're going Fisching

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Postal91 said:

Yeah, the I love you at the end. I want nothing but good for him, shit, even for Pete to retain him. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to follow the snake around while he chases his dream and he's in the shadow. Ryan, I hope the best for you and thanks for the fun
    I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he still gets a HC gig.... Not uw caliber but maybe something in d1?

What I'm getting at is he likely has options besides being stuck following deboer unless that's what he wants
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

bigcc said:

That's how I read it. We has a coach.
    Yep. And the AD actually told the other candidates before it hit athlonsports.