Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Latest Pete Carroll rumor seems completely ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

Don’t any of you watch the Seahawks? He is a defensive minded coach and his defenses have sucked for years.
    I think he is past his prime. He would probably bring back Asa.

Yeah he had one season without a winning record (7-10) in the past 12 years in the nfl, what a loser 🙄
    Imagine the coordinators he could pull. He'd probably just want to have fun and get some badass coordinators to do the work for him but while he recruited kids again
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

PC is basically a 72 year old Prime.

I'd happily take prime for a year for recruiting momentum if nothing else

Wouldn't be any worse than grubb, at least deion would bring talent along, grubb is the same we're at minus more than half of the starters gone
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I’m interested in knowing what Pete would have in mind for a staff if he returned to CFB, at UW or somewhere else. With the right staff, and no reason to doubt he could pull one that works in this era, I’m in. Feels like this could be anywhere from a .01% chance to a shoe in. Pete wants to coach for sure, just don’t know where else it would be if not here and now.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I’m interested in knowing what Pete would have in mind for a staff if he returned to CFB, at UW or somewhere else. With the right staff, and no reason to doubt he could pull one that works in this era, I’m in. Feels like this could be anywhere from a .01% chance to a shoe in. Pete wants to coach for sure, just don’t know where else it would be if not here and now.

Yogi Roth is tanned, rested, and ready to corch up some warrior poet QBs
    POTD
  • Options

Whoever Pete hired would know Pete has a few years tops before they could maybe take over, and at the very least get a lot of national television time because CBS execs would jizz their pants at the prospect of Pete back in college
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,085
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 14
    deleted some try hard bullshit
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,275
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dtd said:

Al Groh
    Frank Beamer
    Ron Zook
    Terry Bowden
    Dick Vermiel
    Bob Toledo

and to connect with the youths, Jeff Tedford.

What about Chucky(John Gruden) ?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

PC is basically a 72 year old Prime.

Yeah...except the whole coaching football and winning a lot thing
    I'm not going to tell you to quit being so literal. I won't do it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

dtd said:

Al Groh
    Frank Beamer
    Ron Zook
    Terry Bowden
    Dick Vermiel
    Bob Toledo

What about Chucky(John Gruden) ?
    god damnit
  • Options
    dtd said:

Al Groh
    Frank Beamer
    Ron Zook
    Terry Bowden
    Dick Vermiel
    Bob Toledo

Regardless of who is HC, I'd take Tedford at OC in a heartbeat...

He'd unironically be a great foil to Pete's character both on and off the field
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 14
    bigcc said:

dtd said:

Al Groh
    Frank Beamer
    Ron Zook
    Terry Bowden
    Dick Vermiel
    Bob Toledo

You know that Tedford is shaking hands with Leach between lucidity right now... right...?

https://gobulldogs.com/news/2023/12/1/football-a-statement-from-director-of-athletics-terry-tumey

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

bigcc said:

dtd said:

Al Groh
    Frank Beamer
    Ron Zook
    Terry Bowden
    Dick Vermiel
    Bob Toledo

You know that Tedford is shaking hands with Leach between lucidity right now... right...?

https://gobulldogs.com/news/2023/12/1/football-a-statement-from-director-of-athletics-terry-tumey

I'm the one who brought him up.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Although I still think this is mostly horse shit, I can't think of a better coach than PC to instantly rejuvenate life back into the culture. It might not work but at the very least he could ressurect it and hand it off to someone in a couple of years.