Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Welp, that was fun while it lasted.

Comments

• Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,104
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Beating Weber State 34-17 in the opener will fix a lot of things.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,551
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

The ignorance of youth is understandable

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

The 40+ meltdown in this thread is a sight to behold.
    He was giving you an excuse to have a differing opinion

but you aren't ignorantly young, you are just retarded
    Yawn. I'll save the receipts for next time UW is in the playoffs and the cretins come crawling back.

We'll all be dead.
    UW made a 4 team playoff twice in a decade. But somehow a 12 team playoff is impossible?

You guys need to get a fucking grip. Adversity isn't this boreds strong suit LOL.
    Just looking at the roster, the "list" of available coaches ... it's not a really encouraging situation here my friend.

I'm all for a positive outlook, but some of us just aren't anywhere close to that stage yet ... and some of us may never make it there.

Just reality.
    It was as far back as...2021...this program was in far worse shape. Things change.

Acting like they wont is for naive losers.
    I think the roster was actually in much better shape in 2021 than it will be by the time a new coach is announced. The transfer portal is gonna be overflowing.

Another DeBoer isn't walking through that door.
    That's fair - but as of now I am confident UW will bring in a coach far superior to Lake.
    Dude I am far superior to Lake, and I don't know shit. Come on. We had one of the two or three best Coaches in all of CFB, and we lost him. It's losing Don James after year 2. Total disgrace. Abject failure.
    Don James is a bad comparison because he had to build the program from scratch.
    No he didn't. Owens could recruit

James beat USC and UCLA year one and was three points from the Rose Bowl

Year three the upperclassmen were still Owen's guys

James brought in Moon but unlike DoucheBoer he didn't leave when Moon did
    I wasn't there so I'll leave that analysis to you. But it took Don a while to get his reads down and some even wanted him gone such as the venerable...Race Bannon
    In 1986

Sit it out champ

Maybe watch Pollyanna again
    Funny, I don't recall a hung banner until 1991.
    You're rattled and not making sense
    How am I not making sense?

Don James did not put all the pieces together to go undefeated until 1991.
    Well, first, you're not making DAWG sense.

And James didn't go from zero to hero in 1991. There was a little more nuance than that. While I generally like you, arguing with Race over the ups and downs of Don James' career, especially learning now that you're merely in your 30s, is career suicide. The man was 5 minutes late to the assassination of Julius Caesar. The one in Rome.

And this is literally the first time I can remember anyone getting into a real dick measuring squabble with our gentle and loving red man. And you're doing it with the support of that morally corrupt housewife, Bearswiin? I think this whole thing has gotten to you more than you're letting on. Do better.
    I will remain a UW football fan through thick and thin. It's annoying to see others give up so easily. It is what it is.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

Yawn. I'll save the receipts for next time UW is in the playoffs and the cretins come crawling back.

We'll all be dead.
    UW made a 4 team playoff twice in a decade. But somehow a 12 team playoff is impossible?

You guys need to get a fucking grip. Adversity isn't this boreds strong suit LOL.
    Just looking at the roster, the "list" of available coaches ... it's not a really encouraging situation here my friend.

I'm all for a positive outlook, but some of us just aren't anywhere close to that stage yet ... and some of us may never make it there.

Just reality.
    It was as far back as...2021...this program was in far worse shape. Things change.

I think the roster was actually in much better shape in 2021 than it will be by the time a new coach is announced. The transfer portal is gonna be overflowing.

That's fair - but as of now I am confident UW will bring in a coach far superior to Lake.
    Dude I am far superior to Lake, and I don't know shit. Come on. We had one of the two or three best Coaches in all of CFB, and we lost him. It's losing Don James after year 2. Total disgrace. Abject failure.

I wasn't there so I'll leave that analysis to you. But it took Don a while to get his reads down and some even wanted him gone such as the venerable...Race Bannon
    In 1986

Sit it out champ

And James didn't go from zero to hero in 1991. There was a little more nuance than that. While I generally like you, arguing with Race over the ups and downs of Don James' career, especially learning now that you're merely in your 30s, is career suicide. The man was 5 minutes late to the assassination of Julius Caesar. The one in Rome.

And this is literally the first time I can remember anyone getting into a real dick measuring squabble with our gentle and loving red man. And you're doing it with the support of that morally corrupt housewife, Bearswiin? I think this whole thing has gotten to you more than you're letting on. Do better.
    I will remain a UW football fan through thick and thin. It's annoying to see others give up so easily. It is what it is.
    The first step to recovery is to admit the problem.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,551
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

We'll all be dead.

Just reality.

In 1986

Sit it out champ

Any Husky fan here hasn’t given up “so easily” — come on now. This program and its fans have endured mostly shit for decades. Some enemies external and many internal to the program and school.

This board will retreat back to what it knows, myself included — hatred and misery. We want UW to be a winner and hold accountable those who fail to make it one.
    Absolutely. Keep up the good fight.

Waving the white flag is soft. Fight to the death. Or until this sport gets shut down by the Feds in 10 years or less.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

biak1 said:

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

We'll all be dead.

Just reality.

In 1986

Sit it out champ

Any Husky fan here hasn’t given up “so easily” — come on now. This program and its fans have endured mostly shit for decades. Some enemies external and many internal to the program and school.

This board will retreat back to what it knows, myself included — hatred and misery. We want UW to be a winner and hold accountable those who fail to make it one.

Waving the white flag is soft. Fight to the death. Or until this sport gets shut down by the Feds in 10 years or less.
    Quit with your Mr Literal act. It’s beneath even you. The Fanbase went from real Natty aspirations to losing a coach who went 25-3 from a ruin. All in 5 days. I get that’s the biz nowadays.

But irrational venting is allowed.

So maybe try to inject a little nuance in your thought process here.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

3 coaches in 5 years is tough.

Been there but it ain’t easy.

Gotta nail this hire.

Spoiler alert. We? won't.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Kaepsknee said:

biak1 said:

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

We'll all be dead.

Just reality.

In 1986

Sit it out champ

Quit with your Mr Literal act. It’s beneath even you. The Fanbase went from real Natty aspirations to losing a coach who went 25-3 from a ruin. All in 5 days. I get that’s the biz nowadays.

But irrational venting is allowed.

So maybe try to inject a little nuance in your thought process here.
    Listen you dumb fucking Coug, I like my pod @Swaye and we go way back. He's pissed, I'm pissed, I'm pissed Swaye would leave, and I hate everyone.

Especially you.

Or, not. It's a message board, it's not real life. It's not serious.
    I laffed. Sometimes families just need to have a big kerfuffle and then kiss and make up. It's all good. My love for you is strong, like the flow of a mighty river.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

We'll all be dead.

Just reality.

In 1986

Sit it out champ

I appreciate this perspective. If you hadn't started by calling me a pussy we could have gone from there.

I was podding with my dude Yella yesterday after this mess and he made a solid point. We've been through 4 of these shitshows the last 30 years, and those of us older dudes like me have just gotten over it. The heart and head can only take so much abuse. James shown the door by a weak UC. Rick run out of town on bullshit. Peterman just quits on us. Boner stolen in the middle of the night by southern retards. All of it but Peterman self-inflicted. If the last 30 years has taught us nothing, it is that usually UW gets it wrong, and in the rare instances it gets it right, it immediately fucks it up through neglect, incompetence or retardation.

I am 50 years old. I have a full life. I have not lived on the West Coast in decades. The pull of my undergrad days and love of all things UW Football is decades removed. Wasting time with this clownshow has no appeal anymore. "It's not you, it's me." lol. I just do not care anymore, and I have zero ties to the school anymore beyond the fellas I meet up with and talk to irl with from here. Andi like all those dudes completely independent of UW Football. In our little knitting circle UW football is probably only 10% of the conversation anyway. Other 90% is beer, vacation spots, beer fridges, nacho cheese recipes, skiing hot talk, 4X4 hot talk, sports cars, wives, kids, remodels, RVs, music, etc.

I put in my time as a long suffering fan. 30 years of it. That earned me my walk away card. And I am using it. I'll post here as long as DJ keeps the lights on. Enjoy this place greatly. But my days or organizing my weekend around catching the game are over. I did this a couple years ago and it was remarkably easy to walk away. If I still lived in WA I imagine it would be harder. But I don't, so it isn't. I'll never wish bad things on UW Football, too invested in it for too many years, but I will no longer follow it or care one way or the other. I have been watching tons of Gawjuh Football the last several years. Easy to do from where I live and fun. Half my family lives in Gawjuh and are all huge fans, so a very natural fit. Plus I can get to games relatively easily if I want to. Go DWAGS!
    Tl:dr

See you this summer (or you know, tomorrow) bro
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

We'll all be dead.

Just reality.

In 1986

Sit it out champ

I appreciate this perspective. If you hadn't started by calling me a pussy we could have gone from there.

I was podding with my dude Yella yesterday after this mess and he made a solid point. We've been through 4 of these shitshows the last 30 years, and those of us older dudes like me have just gotten over it. The heart and head can only take so much abuse. James shown the door by a weak UC. Rick run out of town on bullshit. Peterman just quits on us. Boner stolen in the middle of the night by southern retards. All of it but Peterman self-inflicted. If the last 30 years has taught us nothing, it is that usually UW gets it wrong, and in the rare instances it gets it right, it immediately fucks it up through neglect, incompetence or retardation.

I am 50 years old. I have a full life. I have not lived on the West Coast in decades. The pull of my undergrad days and love of all things UW Football is decades removed. Wasting time with this clownshow has no appeal anymore. "It's not you, it's me." lol. I just do not care anymore, and I have zero ties to the school anymore beyond the fellas I meet up with and talk to irl with from here. Andi like all those dudes completely independent of UW Football. In our little knitting circle UW football is probably only 10% of the conversation anyway. Other 90% is beer, vacation spots, beer fridges, nacho cheese recipes, skiing hot talk, 4X4 hot talk, sports cars, wives, kids, remodels, RVs, music, etc.

I put in my time as a long suffering fan. 30 years of it. That earned me my walk away card. And I am using it. I'll post here as long as DJ keeps the lights on. Enjoy this place greatly. But my days or organizing my weekend around catching the game are over. I did this a couple years ago and it was remarkably easy to walk away. If I still lived in WA I imagine it would be harder. But I don't, so it isn't. I'll never wish bad things on UW Football, too invested in it for too many years, but I will no longer follow it or care one way or the other. I have been watching tons of Gawjuh Football the last several years. Easy to do from where I live and fun. Half my family lives in Gawjuh and are all huge fans, so a very natural fit. Plus I can get to games relatively easily if I want to. Go DWAGS!

Swaye, my man, I love ya, I hate ya, but boasting about how much UW football doesn't mean to you and how much you don't care will never be a good look, as far as I'm concerned. And that goes for
    anyone. You don't need to lie to kick it. Many of us have been down this dark road too. We all care and don't care just as much as you and also have other hobbies and interests, just the same.
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 277
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    DucksFC said:

Beating Weber State 34-17 in the opener will fix a lot of things.

You actually think we? are going to cover?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,585
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Unironically this is a “if you can’t handle the ups and downs “
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wait...this is just a public message bored, and that's it?

So nobody in the AD's office actually consults these boreds for advice and directions?

Well, Fuck Me! I want my thousands of hours back.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe the next coach will know how to put teams away?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

We'll all be dead.

Just reality.

In 1986

Sit it out champ

Funny…similar boat. Don’t spend nearly as much time here or in any way worrying/watching about UW anymore…Lake kinda took care of that. Got sucked in a bit with the latest run (Sugar Bowl was fun) but learned my lesson with that.

Hope and expect UW to be back on its feet soon but have too many other things to worry about.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Houhusky said:

They'll learn

Mid 30s is a youth now?

We'll all be dead.

Just reality.

In 1986

Sit it out champ

Tldr

See you this summer (or tomorrow) bro