Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just what I'm hearing...

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Wittingham would be dope. His teams are stubborn as fuck, play defense. They have only lacked elite qbs and wrs, which I think he can access at UW.

B1G membership would be a good selling point for him.

Whittingham would be interesting. His teams are Pat Hill TUFF, and his style of ball would play well in the B1G. The problem is he’s 64, and who knows how much longer he wants to coach.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

If Florida sucks next year, which they probably will (insane schedule), then the AD is gone and so is Napier.

And then Fisch is gone after one year.

No.

Yes yes yes
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

My concern with hiring Leipold in a matter of days is that Dannen just said, “Find me someone who’s like DeBoer, quick.”

Have you watched Kansas play at all? Dude can coach.
    not even once
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

My concern with hiring Leipold in a matter of days is that Dannen just said, “Find me someone who’s like DeBoer, quick.”

Have you watched Kansas play at all? Dude can coach.
    No doubt. But is he the best option? Can he recruit at the level we need to rebuild? How does he handle boosters? The roster is nowhere near as talented as DeBoer got it. Do we lose anything by waiting a week to make sure we have the right guy? This class is a throwaway and most of the talent that we wanted to keep is already in the portal.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,348
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 14

Wittingham would be dope. His teams are stubborn as fuck, play defense. They have only lacked elite qbs and wrs, which I think he can access at UW.

Whittingham would be interesting. His teams are Pat Hill TUFF, and his style of ball would play well in the B1G. The problem is he’s 64, and who knows how much longer he wants to coach.
    Leipold is 59. Carroll is 72. Just for context.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

I just want 8 years of stability. I feel like these older guys will stay until retirement. If UW needs to rebuild I want the coach who builds it to be here to coach the finished product and grow off that success.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Thank you. I was just about to google Leipold’s age.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

TheHB said:

I just want 8 years of stability. I feel like these older guys will stay until retirement. If UW needs to rebuild I want the coach who builds it to be here to coach the finished product and grow off that success.
    What is stability? 7-9 wins?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,348
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

If they’re young, they’ll leave.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Whittingham fits traditional Husky Football (balanced offense, nasty on D) but what's his buyout?

Two of his three wifes.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    Swaye's Wigwam

Leipold

Dude was a winner, and turned programs into winners. Wouldn’t be made at him. Plus his alma isn’t a D1.

Fisch is Florida, but also has Michigan ties if I read that right. Khakis leaves and he fills after 2 here. Looking for someone primed to put a life down.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

TheHB said:

UW hasn't had an 8 year coach since 92 with Don, and only 4 fucking coaches since 1892 retard

"derr all I want is 4 Steve emtmans"
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Stability at UW should be making the playoff every year, or at least in a position to make it every November.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

If Florida sucks next year, which they probably will (insane schedule), then the AD is gone and so is Napier.

And then Fisch is gone after one year.

No.

So settle for mediocrity because a good coach will probably just leave us
    That's not what I said, but nice try
    That's the essence of what you're conveying
    No, it isn't.

Fisch is a great coach but his alma mater is in the wilderness and that job has a 80% chance of opening up next year

There are plenty of other good hires where that isn't the case.

Whittingham, Pete Carroll, Petersen, Klieman
    3/4 you listed are old and probably wouldn’t be at UW long either.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    Founders Club

Fisch brings Fajita and McMillan and you could do a lot worse than that as long as you can break the bank and get a big time DC

Does Fajita come with a side of nachos? Aksin' for a fren.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    Better come with a fucking platter or I burn the stadium to the ground.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I’m going to be unhappy regardless of who it is so let’s get this over with.

You may only have 90 posts, but you seem primed to settle in for a long tenure at Hardcore Husky.
    Didn’t you saw deboner was going to have a long tenure…
    I’m not Dutch.
    Fat?
    I know better than to step into Fetters’ domain.
    Smart move new fish.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

What is stability? 7-9 wins?
    Was thinking an 8 win floor and playoffs every couple years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

TheHB said:

UW hasn't had an 8 year coach since 92 with Don, and only 4 fucking coaches since 1892 retard

"derr all I want is 4 Steve emtmans"
    The heart wants what the heart wants. Being a colossal fag such as yourself I thought you’d know that.