Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanback weighs in

Comments

• Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Its the Seattle culture. People don't give a fuck about football here, and in a lot of cases actively despise it. It isn't ever gonna change.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

Losing Willingham, Sark, and Gilbertson were fucking blessings. losing Petersen was a retirement decision. Losing DeBoer was the only relative surprise. Fuck Cohen and who cares. Otherwise his video is spot on. I guess.

I have no idea what that looks like, but you have to get these diamonds in the rough that are hungry for their first head coaching on the cheap and say, "you'll get yours if you stay, but understand you'll pay for it dearly in buyouts if you LEAVE!"
    Brilliant idea dude, hire young unproven coaches with huge buyouts, what can go wrong!

Maybe signing a young unproven whelp with a huge buyout isn't a brilliant idea in case he is fucking trash and we need to move on

We were just in the natty, we don't need a diamond in the rough stop being a pussy and demand more from the program
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,185
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    PatsDoog said:

Its the Seattle culture. People don't give a fuck about football here, and in a lot of cases actively despise it. It isn't ever gonna change.

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    PatsDoog said:

Are you aware of this thing called the Seahawks?
  • Options
    edited January 14
    PatsDoog said:

Good point, they call it the 12th man because nobody gives a fuck about football, brilliant

The issue for UW is that seattle isn't a college town, no shit uw doesn't dominate media in seattle, why don't we garner attention like Eugene or Tuscaloosa or ann arbor or Gainesville or do you get the point?
  • Options
    edited January 14
  • Options

PatsDoog said:

I probably should have clarified *college* football. I think its more of a case of academic snobbery and hatred of the university spending money on collegiate athletics than anything, since there are conflicting interests there unlike the media monster that is the NFL. I could have worded it a lot better, I'll admit.
  • Options
    bigcc said:

PatsDoog said:

Good point, they call it the 12th man because nobody gives a fuck about football, brilliant

The issue for UW is that seattle isn't a college town, no shit uw doesn't dominate media in seattle, why don't we garner attention like Eugene or Tuscaloosa or ann arbor or Gainesville or do you get the point?
    you worded it a lot better than I did, that was what I was trying to get across.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,499
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 14
    PatsDoog said:

PatsDoog said:

I probably should have clarified *college* football. I think its more of a case of academic snobbery and hatred of the university spending money on collegiate athletics than anything, since there are conflicting interests there unlike the media monster that is the NFL. I could have worded it a lot better, I'll admit.
    The UW fucking loved all the attention they got this year. And the money that came with it.

Even moreso than when their Covid models were embarrassingly wrong on cable TV 99% of the time in 2020.
  • Options
    PatsDoog said:

bigcc said:

PatsDoog said:

you worded it a lot better than I did, that was what I was trying to get across.
    I shouldn't have been a cunt about it though, difficult to remain level headed with emotions running high
  • Options
    bigcc said:

PatsDoog said:

bigcc said:

PatsDoog said:

I shouldn't have been a cunt about it though, difficult to remain level headed with emotions running high
    all good bro, definitely trying times for the fanbase currently, so I understand.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    bigcc said:

PatsDoog said:

Seattle and beyond love the Huskies when they're doing well and especially when the Seahawks are not.

Think I read not too long ago that UW has more alums within 25 miles of campus than any other school.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Is UW’s rate of coaching turnover really that unusual? It didn’t seem like it is. Having a coach stick like Saban did is the exception, not the rule.

How many coaches has Florida gone through? They’ve had , what, 10 coaches since Superior?

I think it’s more common than rare today.

A lot of Husky fans are living in the past.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

LawDawg1 said:

Losing Willingham, Sark, and Gilbertson were fucking blessings. losing Petersen was a retirement decision. Losing DeBoer was the only relative surprise. Fuck Cohen and who cares. Otherwise his video is spot on. I guess.

I have no idea what that looks like, but you have to get these diamonds in the rough that are hungry for their first head coaching on the cheap and say, "you'll get yours if you stay, but understand you'll pay for it dearly in buyouts if you LEAVE!"
    Brilliant idea dude, hire young unproven coaches with huge buyouts, what can go wrong!

Maybe signing a young unproven whelp with a huge buyout isn't a brilliant idea in case he is fucking trash and we need to move on

We were just in the natty, we don't need a diamond in the rough stop being a pussy and demand more from the program
    Is anyone gonna tell him?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,950
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

bigcc said:

LawDawg1 said:

Best just to let him stew.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

bigcc said:

PatsDoog said:

Seattle and beyond love the Huskies when they're doing well and especially when the Seahawks are not.

Think I read not too long ago that UW has more alums within 25 miles of campus than any other school.

Not a chance uw out ranks LA (usc/ucla), I get the sentiment though... Definitely outrank spots like Tuscaloosa

Dunno what the fuck you're talking about with seahawks though, more bandwagon fans than anything, you've gotta be significantly younger than me I guess
  • Options
    TheHB said:

bigcc said:

LawDawg1 said:

What am I missing?

If it's a deboer reference, we were coming off of 4-8 not a national championship, we have no business taking a shot on someone unproven while the iron is hot
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 14
    bigcc said:

HFNY said:

bigcc said:

PatsDoog said:

Not a chance uw out ranks LA (usc/ucla), I get the sentiment though... Definitely outrank spots like Tuscaloosa

Dunno what the fuck you're talking about with seahawks though, more bandwagon fans than anything, you've gotta be significantly younger than me I guess
    USC has like 1/2 the enrollment UW does and UCLA grads probably just as likely to end up in the Bay Area or Asia. Plus it could be semantics, many of their grads still in the area they’re just like 32 miles from campus.