Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 213
    MelloDawg said:
    Even though I chined you, not sure you are right. Race seems to be enjoying himself immensely. Maybe he has lost his sense of smell years ago.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,726 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 14
    I was hoping that Dannen had some of those southern smarts to anticipate these Sexton moves, but even if he did, I don’t think there is anything that would have kept Fats from going to Alabama. And even if he didn’t go to Bama, he would have gone to Michigan or Ohio State sooner rather than later.

Dannen can come out of this OK. But it can’t be by hiring the likes of Grubb, Shephard or Choate.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

I was hoping that Dannen had some of those southern smarts to anticipate these Sexton moves, but even if he did, I don’t think there is anything that would have kept Fats from going to Alabama. And even if he didn’t go to Bama, he would have gone to Michigan or Ohio State sooner rather than later.

Dannen can come out of this OK. But it can’t be by hiring the likes of Grubb, Shephard or Choate.

I'd sincerely hope so. Every major university's AD should have Plans B, C, D...Z, α, β at the ready. Chess players, seeing all the possible moves and countermoves.

My gut tells me Dannen knew this was a possibility, so had a mental list in his mind of who he wanted to target, but couldn't make a move because he wanted to see how a few other variables were playing out.

At least, that's my hope.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,314 Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

Now that I've cooled off a bit, I'm only 81% angry at Dannen vs the 99.81% I was earlier. Not sure there was anything he could do about The Dutchman LEAVING! but he gets paid the big bucks for a reason - all the praise when things go right, all the blame when things go wrong.

He fucks this hire up and all patience/benefit of the doubt is GONE! Throw a blonde wig and leopard print coat on him and shut it all down.

Yup I don’t think Dannen had a prayer with Sexton already backdooring everything. Make a hire, let’s get it back together.
    Sexton is one miserable fat fuck
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,432 Standard Supporter

Postal91 said:

Now that I've cooled off a bit, I'm only 81% angry at Dannen vs the 99.81% I was earlier. Not sure there was anything he could do about The Dutchman LEAVING! but he gets paid the big bucks for a reason - all the praise when things go right, all the blame when things go wrong.

He fucks this hire up and all patience/benefit of the doubt is GONE! Throw a blonde wig and leopard print coat on him and shut it all down.

Yup I don’t think Dannen had a prayer with Sexton already backdooring everything. Make a hire, let’s get it back together.
    Sexton is one miserable fat fuck
    God I envy him.