Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Where’s #9

El Capitan hasn’t weighed in?
Thoughts?

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,907 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’d be really curious to see what Mike has to say.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam
    Played golf with Lockner last summer. I tried numerous times to get him to talk shit about Ty. He wouldn’t. Actually seemed to like him more than Sark
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    Hopefully getting medical attention / physical therapy.

I wonder what if anything Penix knew. Not that it really matters.

I bet he feels disgusted as the rest of us.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Penix was like the only actual Defraud guy on the roster... everyone else had written Penix off as the double amputee former running QB, he wont say anything other than "business decision"
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,784

Doubt it. A lot of players these days - especially portal players - aren’t fans and didn’t grow up to be fans of a school. It’s a vehicle to get them where they want and if it doesn’t work out, they look elsewhere. Penix might love UW because of his success and the fun he had here for 2 years. Good memories for sure. But I doubt he feels disgusted like former players that cared or fans. He might come visit the program a handful of times in his lifetime. Fans?
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    LawDawg1 said:

He’s done. He won’t talk shit to the guy that made him. Locker wouldn’t even talk shit about Willingham.

Yup, has no affect on his future and will ride in the shadows while his former team falls apart. Shame. Oh well, he looked gangsta rolling in on the bus to the championship though.
    LawDawg1 said:

Doubt it. A lot of players these days - especially portal players - aren’t fans and didn’t grow up to be fans of a school. It’s a vehicle to get them where they want and if it doesn’t work out, they look elsewhere. Penix might love UW because of his success and the fun he had here for 2 years. Good memories for sure. But I doubt he feels disgusted like former players that cared or fans. He might come visit the program a handful of times in his lifetime. Fans?
    I mostly agree with you…the only reason I thought he might be disgusted is I’m sure he still has friends on the team who are probably venting to him/asking for advice about the portal now themselves. That’s all.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    LawDawg1 said:

And this is why the portal will hasten the demise of this sport's popularity.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,207 Swaye's Wigwam
    Guess we’ll never hear about the injuries now.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,990
    He doesn’t give a shit, guys. You’re not gonna hear a word from him.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,799 Swaye's Wigwam

The only thing that might piss Penix off about the whole situation is if more information comes to light that DeBoer wasn’t focused during the national championship. That performance cost Mike a trophy and a significant amount of money.

Penix can’t blame DeBoner for the interceptions and missed throws. That’s the performance that cost UW the game and him a lot of money.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,990

The only thing that might piss Penix off about the whole situation is if more information comes to light that DeBoer wasn’t focused during the national championship. That performance cost Mike a trophy and a significant amount of money.

Mike throwing two picks and looking like shit against a competent defense is what cost him money.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,799 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Mike throwing two picks and looking like shit against a competent defense is what cost him money.
    Quit plagiarism my shit, fucko
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter
    If he had another year he'd be at Bama.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,158
    KDB saved his career. He's not gonna say anything and I don't really expect him to.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896
    This isn't his cross to bear

Last offseason maybe, but why in the world would he put himself out there like that?

There's no positive outcome except maybe feeling like you got something off your chest, potential negative outcome is future coaches thinking you might rat on them

Fuck that

KDB saved his career. He's not gonna say anything and I don't really expect him to.

It was a symbiotic relationship. Penix made DeBoer as much as DeBoer made Penix.