Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One other bit of collateral damage

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,143
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
When UW fans think back to 2023, the first thing they're going to think of is not Penix and Rome and Trice and Dillon and the Heisman chase and winning the Sugar Bowl. They're gonna think of DeBoer interviewing and negotiating with Alabama while he was preparing for a natty, and then leaving the team completely gutted.

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,081
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Nah. It will always be the big 5? on offense, with maybe an old guy rambling on about Trice in a pod in 2045.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yep, that's his legacy. Thats what he will be remembered for and DB will forever be the Snake of Mountlake.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    While I think you are right in terms of the actual team.

But for the program I think moving to the BIG in 2023 will go down as the enduring and more important milestone.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Agree. The last two years were basically for naught. The program is worse off now than when he took over.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Disagree, Sugar Bowl easily top 3 Washington experiences.

That is a major moment in program history, probably bigger than beating Oklahoma in the Orange.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Disagree, Sugar Bowl easily top 3 Washington experiences.

Sure, yes. I watched it 4 times on every feed I could in the week leading up to the Natty. Incredible. If we can make an edited version that deletes every mention and shot of KD, that'd be great.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893

I will focus on the wins that ripped the souls out of multiple programs that year. I flew in for both duck games with my kids and it was fucking great.

Nobody is a scorned psychotic lover worse than hardcore husky. I am sure there are restraining orders amongst us.

Dgaf about DeBoer any more. Ready to see who's next and their plan to get this thing back on the tracks.

Don't get me wrong I have hate in my heart, just doesn't need to come out until we meet bama in the playoffs again someday. Hopefully hosting a game at husky stadium.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but playoffs are never going to happen at husky stadium
  • Options

I've already deleted all my game downloads from this epic season. There's no chance I can possibly watch anything from this season for a long long time, if ever. Straight up shanked, robbed, and left to die in the gutter. Every good memory from this season has been drowned in piss.

Wrong

2-0 vs Oregon can't be understated, they still ended the season ranked 6, we derailed faggot bo's glorious sendoff
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    bigcc said:

I will focus on the wins that ripped the souls out of multiple programs that year. I flew in for both duck games with my kids and it was fucking great.

Nobody is a scorned psychotic lover worse than hardcore husky. I am sure there are restraining orders amongst us.

Dgaf about DeBoer any more. Ready to see who's next and their plan to get this thing back on the tracks.

Don't get me wrong I have hate in my heart, just doesn't need to come out until we meet bama in the playoffs again someday. Hopefully hosting a game at husky stadium.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but playoffs are never going to happen at husky stadium
    Is the first round not hosted by the better ranked team?
  • Options

bigcc said:

Is the first round not hosted by the better ranked team?
    Interesting
    The lower seed has the opportunity to select the host venue during the first round. Bowl games will be introduced in the quarterfinal round. The semifinals will be played in bowls on a rotating basis while the national championship host site is determined through bids by prospective host sites.

So there is potential for one, assuming that you can select any venue and not a limited few
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'll never forget when Drew Fowler made the big stop in the end of the first Quarter of the Natty game to get Michigan off the field. We need to go back to recruiting mid guys from Bellevue.