Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Per Softy

2»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bullshit

Winners win. Losers make excuses. Softy is a loser

That's right the good feelings are gone Softy. The war is back on pal

I’m cleaning my AK and checking my RPG before grabbing my pith helmet and headed back to the hills.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    UW AD needs to get its financial house and NIL in order or this is just gonna happen again with the next guy.

Softy is close on the what(timing and figures) but he doesn’t get or doesn’t want to get the why.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Imagine being a boss and having an employee who is high flight risk and says I’ll only leave for alabama or the NFL. That employees #2 extensively interviews with alabama and then that same employee hires Sabans agent.

“I had no idea what was happening”

Fuck that guy, fuck that whole department

Again … what do you want done in that situation?

Only thing you can really do is make your best effort and be prepared to act when the job opens
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    Tequilla said:

Imagine being a boss and having an employee who is high flight risk and says I’ll only leave for alabama or the NFL. That employees #2 extensively interviews with alabama and then that same employee hires Sabans agent.

“I had no idea what was happening”

Fuck that guy, fuck that whole department

Again … what do you want done in that situation?

Only thing you can really do is make your best effort and be prepared to act when the job opens
    Have the next guy lined up, write in poison pill against bama when you had the leverage in his first contract.

All the effort today is CYA, not fixing the problem.

The whole fucking roster is bouncing because they feel abandoned and disconnected from the department. He should have been doing everything to keep the roster together. Instead he’s co-signing puff piece trying to explain the situation.

Fucking beta athletic department
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

I don’t think there’s anything that could be done to keep DeBoer

I’d be very surprised if DeBoer spends more than 3-5 years at Bama before doing the NFL thing

Or fired. I’d say both are equally possible. Very much rooting for the later
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,488
    Founders Club

Bullshit

Winners win. Losers make excuses. Softy is a loser

That's right the good feelings are gone Softy. The war is back on pal

Nah man. The war is over. We lost. Go Dawgs!(Georgia)
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I’d be very surprised if DeBoer spends more than 3-5 years at Bama before doing the NFL thing

Book it. Just wait until Kirby Smart boatraces Bama next year. I get the move. I think it is a mistake by my measurements and bias. But, I also think he has no idea what he’s getting himself into. He thinks he does, but he’s naïve. I will enjoy listening to the Bama fans in Kiawah rip him. It’s going to be awesome.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    Founders Club
    If you’ve got someone high flight who you’re super dependent on you make a succession plan. If he refuses to commit to the org you start moving on because you know what’s coming.

Getting caught with your pants down and then spending the day giving excuses is exactly what a board will hang you out to dry for
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Hugh just mentioned abortion on Softy’s show.

Did he mention me?
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Bob_C said:

Listening to KJR online for the first time in years. Last two commercials were for Moderna and a climate change anxiety management service. Just reporting the facts.

Jesus the Christ, that’s a real thing?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,139
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

Book it. Just wait until Kirby Smart boatraces Bama next year. I get the move. I think it is a mistake by my measurements and bias. But, I also think he has no idea what he’s getting himself into. He thinks he does, but he’s naïve. I will enjoy listening to the Bama fans in Kiawah rip him. It’s going to be awesome.
    What makes you think Georgia will boat race Bama next year? Wishful thinking I'm afraid.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,080
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Softy also had a friend who interviewed to be on the football or training staff and Deboer straight up told him he would only leave UW for the NFL or Bama.

I'm dubious, at best. Does anyone really believe Softy had a friend?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,544
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I can't believe fain doesn't get more grief

He thinks Grubb is the best hire they could make and is his #1 target.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

What makes you think Georgia will boat race Bama next year? Wishful thinking I'm afraid.
    Boatrace is wishful. Howsoever, Bama fans realizing that Deboor gives 2 shits about defense shall be entertaining.