Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jonathan Smith

7mm buyout, easily covered by the 12mm we'll get from bama.

Do it UW.

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No, please no. I don't want the mortician here.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,990
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I would be on board with that. Bring chiles too. Smiff is hungry and would like to see him with a real budget.
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Michigan State's administration and big money boosters care way more about athletics success in revenue sports than does Washington.

Not even close.

UW should start a trophy series with its sister schools at Cal and UCLA.

The presidents can take turns patting each other on the back because they don't place as much emphasis on winning as those other people
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Michigan State's administration and big money boosters care way more about athletics success in revenue sports than does Washington.

Not even close.

UW should start a trophy series with its sister schools at Cal and UCLA.

The presidents can take turns patting each other on the back because they don't place as much emphasis on winning as those other people

Not entirely true.

UW cared enough to go to the B1G
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
    Founders Club
    Absolutely not
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peterman lite. 10 win HARD ceiling
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Small time

25-13 over the last 3 years at Oregon State is quite good. In fact, it's probably one of the best 3 year stretches ever for Oregon State. Oregon State is a historically bad program that had an all time NCAA record 28 straight losing seasons from 1971-98, and was 7-29 in the 3 years before he was hired.

Still, I'm very skeptical of the idea that we can pay our coaches more than Michigan State, which 1. Is getting a full Big Ten share 2. Has much less travel costs 3. Themselves started this new trend of $10 million a year coaches by giving that to Mel Tucker of all people.

And we're going to have to outbid MSU not just by a little but by a lot to get him in mid-January.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sandra6 said:

Small time

25-13 over the last 3 years at Oregon State is quite good. In fact, it's probably one of the best 3 year stretches ever for Oregon State. Oregon State is a historically bad program that had an all time NCAA record 28 straight losing seasons from 1971-98, and was 7-29 in the 3 years before he was hired.

Still, I'm very skeptical of the idea that we can pay our coaches more than Michigan State, which 1. Is getting a full Big Ten share 2. Has much less travel costs 3. Themselves started this new trend of $10 million a year coaches by giving that to Mel Tucker of all people.

And we're going to have to outbid MSU not just by a little but by a lot to get him in mid-January.
    Dennis Erickson won the Fiesta Bowl

Reilly was another loser who "did great" for Oregon State. He sucked too

Winners win where they are. Smith is a loser

Small time hire by a small time program
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don’t understand the poo pooing of Jonathan Smith here. He basically made OS into what most teams would kill for. A dominant Oline with dominant RB’s and a decent Defense. And a big play passing offense despite having shitty QB’s.

He’d be on the A list for sure if He was still in Cornvalley. I never understood him going to East Lansing as they are the worst fit for someone like him. I guarantee that He’s regretting it today.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

I don’t understand the poo pooing of Jonathan Smith here. He basically made OS into what most teams would kill for. A dominant Oline with dominant RB’s and a decent Defense. And a big play passing offense despite having shitty QB’s.

He’d be on the A list for sure if He was still in Cornvalley. I never understood him going to East Lansing as they are the worst fit for someone like him. I guarantee that He’s regretting it today.

And still couldn't win
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kaepsknee said:

And still couldn't win
    He won 2/3 of his games once He got his guys in there in a place that’s slightly less difficult to recruit to than Pullman.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

And still couldn't win
    He won 2/3 of his games once He got his guys in there in a place that’s slightly less difficult to recruit to than Pullman.
    I'm sure WSU will be in the market soon. He'd be a good fit for you

• Options
    DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

7mm buyout, easily covered by the 12mm we'll get from bama.

Do it UW.

That $12M is going toward the stadium debt
    Pea patch?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

No, please no. I don't want the mortician here.

@trublue
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Would it be worth it for the sake of endless memes of 90 year old eastern European women?

@Babushka