Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer gone Official

2»

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    alumni94 said:

UW lost big time in this deal. All the money is walking out the door.

At least UW gets paid. Too bad they won’t use it to do the right thing.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sandra6 said:

alumni94 said:

Read that Washington offered 8.4m, Bama 12m. That not an effort. Losers lose.

Dellenger reported UW was offering $9 million. I think that Thamel reported UW was offering "at least double" of the current $4.2 million salary, which would mean at least $8.4 million. Really, matching the $12 million probably would might have just caused Alabama to up the offer to $15 million. Especially with how Alabama would have been looking totally down the bottom of the barrel at guys like Tommy Rees if they failed to get DeBoer. Dannen really needed to get the new contract signed before Norvell and Sarkisian had turned down the Alabama job, so that it wouldn't have turned into some all out bidding war for DeBoer that Washington probably wasn't capable of winning.

In any case, thanks a lot for the 50% shares, Big Ten. We lost our coach because of that.
    Its wasn't the base salary. Anything Alabama would offer UW could offer for twice as many years guaranteed, Bama isn't paying Deboer 15 mil, but even if they were.

UW 9-11 mill for 8-10 years
    Bama 15 mil for 5
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

alumni94 said:

UW lost big time in this deal. All the money is walking out the door.

At least UW gets paid. Too bad they won’t use it to do the right thing.

No, UW really isn't getting paid. Not until 2030, anyway.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tippman said:

Huskies back to sucking it is. Haha I’m sure he is taking some players.

Who? Rosengarten is probably the only guy left on the roster who would start at Bama. Everyone else good left already.
    The Guy who was beaten like a rented mule last Monday?

Nah.
  • Options
    I don’t like that DeBoer left, but he’s a winner. He knows he can’t win with the roster that’s left at UW. His career would flame out. I don’t blame him for leaving.
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Sandra6 said:

alumni94 said:

Read that Washington offered 8.4m, Bama 12m. That not an effort. Losers lose.

Dellenger reported UW was offering $9 million. I think that Thamel reported UW was offering "at least double" of the current $4.2 million salary, which would mean at least $8.4 million. Really, matching the $12 million probably would might have just caused Alabama to up the offer to $15 million. Especially with how Alabama would have been looking totally down the bottom of the barrel at guys like Tommy Rees if they failed to get DeBoer. Dannen really needed to get the new contract signed before Norvell and Sarkisian had turned down the Alabama job, so that it wouldn't have turned into some all out bidding war for DeBoer that Washington probably wasn't capable of winning.

In any case, thanks a lot for the 50% shares, Big Ten. We lost our coach because of that.
    Its wasn't the base salary. Anything Alabama would offer UW could offer for twice as many years guaranteed, Bama isn't paying Deboer 15 mil, but even if they were.

UW 9-11 mill for 8-10 years
    Bama 15 mil for 5
    Coaches prefer the higher per year salaries to more years on the contract. Regardless of whether the UW contract is actually worth more if you multiply the salary by the number of years.

Coaches believe that they'll get an extension at some point, and will end up serving more than 5 years. Coaches think that getting fired is only something that happens to other coaches.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don’t like that DeBoer left, but he’s a winner. He knows he can’t win with the roster that’s left at UW. His career would flame out. I don’t blame him for leaving.

If DeBoer is really some savant coach, then he would have UW right back in contention in short order.

No one thought UW had a 25-3 roster in 2021.

Maybe not 25-3 but you thought we had a 12-2 team in 2021 with Jimmy Lake and John Donovan as OC

• Options

If DeBoer is really some savant coach, then he would have UW right back in contention in short order.

He’s not a savant. He’s smart. He knows you go where the talent is. He came to UW at the right time. He left at the right time. You want money and fame, you use up others to get it.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Maybe not 25-3 but you thought we had a 12-2 team in 2021 with Jimmy Lake and John Donovan as OC

You serious about HHB preseason poles, Clark?

I vote 12-2 or better every time