Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Is he still the 2nd greatest coach in Husky history or nah?
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 12
    McAfee is a total joke. He's just a pro wrestler posing as a sports reporter. Far more credible people who tweeted after McAfee said it's not official yet.

It does seem like it has about a 98% chance of happening, though. Thamel is at the very least implying that it's just down to the little details being finalized.
  • Options
    It’s done.

My guy texted me. He signed with Bama.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saban wanted to beat UW one last time
  • Options
    TippmanTippman Member Posts: 15
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Huskies back to sucking it is. Haha I’m sure he is taking some players.
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 799
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

It’s done.

Who's your guy? The mailman?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    Founders Club
    Tippman said:

Huskies back to sucking it is. Haha I’m sure he is taking some players.

Who? Rosengarten is probably the only guy left on the roster who would start at Bama. Everyone else good left already.
  • Options
    edited January 12

It’s going to really suck when Oregon finally climbs the mountain and makes it to the championship game again only to face…..DeBoer.

And probably accomplish some nice moral victory where they lose by 3 points again.

Well, who knows. Maybe Oregon will finally manage to lose to De Boer by 1 or 2 points.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    team meeting called for 1:30 PST, he gone.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I will never be convinced that @DerekJohnson s conspiracy theory isn’t actually correct

Alabama was not surprised that Saban was leaving, they have been putting out feelers via his agent for months.

This Deboer fuck knew about Saban (from his shared agent) and knew he had a chance at the job if he preformed well against Texas after the Pac-12 championship game.

After Texas he starts thinking about staff, floats the idea to best friend Grubb about coming with him (it’s only in a week anyways). That week of prep, the rumor percolates from the OC into the team especially to Penix and the WRs, coaches missing meetings, not as available as they should be, Penix plays stiff, germbern gets lost on the plane, Polk has a shitty attitude….

After, Lyons WR immediately portals, Kalepo who should come back leaves, culminating with DJ who probably won’t get drafted leaving all before Deboer apparently even had an offer. The offensive guys knew, or atleast had an idea, well before today.

And learning about this agent, I'm pretty sure this guy is just moving pieces on the chess board every year. He almost has full control of the whole sec
  • Options
    HuskyBuck said:

thechatch said:

It’s done.

Who's your guy? The mailman?
    Now that I trying about it, I’ve actually never met my mailman.
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Well, his tenure was nice while it lasted. That eliminates any tiny remaining doubt if they're calling a team meeting.

I wonder what his salary at Alabama is going to be. We reportedly offered him $9 million a year. Just two years ago, $10 million was established as the new high point for CFB salaries. (Mel Tucker was the first guy to get that lol.)

So, is he getting paid some new record salary like $15 million? Would he seriously leave if it was just over $1 million?
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Read that Washington offered 8.4m, Bama 12m. That not an effort. Losers lose.
  • Options
    edited January 12
    alumni94 said:

Read that Washington offered 8.4m, Bama 12m. That not an effort. Losers lose.

Dellenger reported UW was offering $9 million. I think that Thamel reported UW was offering "at least double" of the current $4.2 million salary, which would mean at least $8.4 million. Really, matching the $12 million probably would have just caused Alabama to up the offer to $15 million. Especially with how Alabama would have been looking totally down the bottom of the barrel at guys like Tommy Rees if they failed to get DeBoer. Dannen really needed to get the new contract signed before Norvell and Sarkisian had turned down the Alabama job, so that it wouldn't have turned into some all out bidding war for DeBoer that Washington probably wasn't capable of winning.

In any case, thanks a lot for the 50% shares, Big Ten. We lost our coach because of that.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UW lost big time in this deal. All the money is walking out the door.