Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If DeBoer takes the Bama job...

124»

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Are there no head coaches from the west coast who are worth a shit?

Pete Carroll is tanned, rested and ready
    Unironically the best move we could make given the circumstances. Even if it’s just for 2 or 3 years. I don’t know if he’d listen, but you gotta make a call.
    I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but I'm sure he'd listen. 3-year contract with the idea of bringing in a heir apparent in year 3.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves
    Not sure if I'm quite ready for a KD to Carroll to Kiffin to Sark transition quite yet, but talk to me tomorrow.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Unironically the best move we could make given the circumstances. Even if it’s just for 2 or 3 years. I don’t know if he’d listen, but you gotta make a call.
    I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but I'm sure he'd listen. 3-year contract with the idea of bringing in a heir apparent in year 3.

$10-12m a pop, Pete names the length. Give him full control of whatever he wants. The staff he’d bring in would be unbelievable. He sounded ready to get after it yesterday in the rare combo of a kick ass presser without a dry eye in the house. And don’t tell me he’s too old to recruit, the pitch is pretty simple.

What’s the alternative? Jed Fisch? Lol
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Postal91 said:

I can't knock a guy for taking the Bammer job. It's a step up, let's face it. They have about 22 NC's. Well, eight in my lifetime anyway. The built in cheatin' isn't so effective now with NIL though.

Oh, I get to a place where they are already winning and can recruit anybody they want while also making a ton more.. okay.

The guy's a proven winner, so why not just hop over to another place where you can just continue it instead of trying to rebuild it.

Part of me is wondering if a lot of players already know and that's why we've seen such a flood out
    You think he pulled a Babushka and told the players before the big game? Doubtful but would explain the lack uhm give a shit attitude…
    I don’t think Lanning nor Norvell were ever offered the job in the first place. Danny just used all the hubbub for a media blitz, clicks clicks clicks. There’s only one real true hype machine in college football and that is and has been the Ducks for the last 2 1/2 decades, Prime won’t win that natty.
    I don't think Lanning was offered either, but that's almost certainly because he was able to communicate and feel it out through his agent. If the rumors are true about his deal with Unca Fil, he's already well over $10,000,000 a year at Oregon. With his ties to the dirty souf, there's no way in the world Bama wasn't after him. And shit, some people like rain and not living in Alabama.
    *souwf
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

Postal91 said:

I can't knock a guy for taking the Bammer job. It's a step up, let's face it. They have about 22 NC's. Well, eight in my lifetime anyway. The built in cheatin' isn't so effective now with NIL though.

Oh, I get to a place where they are already winning and can recruit anybody they want while also making a ton more.. okay.

The guy's a proven winner, so why not just hop over to another place where you can just continue it instead of trying to rebuild it.

Part of me is wondering if a lot of players already know and that's why we've seen such a flood out
    You think he pulled a Babushka and told the players before the big game? Doubtful but would explain the lack uhm give a shit attitude…
    I don’t think Lanning nor Norvell were ever offered the job in the first place. Danny just used all the hubbub for a media blitz, clicks clicks clicks. There’s only one real true hype machine in college football and that is and has been the Ducks for the last 2 1/2 decades, Prime won’t win that natty.
    I don't think Lanning was offered either, but that's almost certainly because he was able to communicate and feel it out through his agent. If the rumors are true about his deal with Unca Fil, he's already well over $10,000,000 a year at Oregon. With his ties to the dirty souf, there's no way in the world Bama wasn't after him. And shit, some people like rain and not living in Alabama.
    *souwf
    Shit, sorry. This is some Berenstein bears shit.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Postal91 said:

*souwf
    Fixed… it’s Bernstain Bears

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    RTD said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Postal91 said:

*souwf
    Fixed… it’s Bernstain Bears

Exactly!
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lol at Pete Carroll coaching in college again
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,945
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Darrel Bevell could be our coach in waiting.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,540
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

What are the comparisons for the old legendary college coaches going back to college? Spurrier, Mack Brown, and Snyder? Honestly isn't as bad as I would have assumed, but still seems like these guys are also good, but not great when they come back because they have nothing to prove.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Postal91 said:

*souwf
    What year did Nelson Mandela die in your reality?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

$10-12m a pop, Pete names the length. Give him full control of whatever he wants. The staff he’d bring in would be unbelievable. He sounded ready to get after it yesterday in the rare combo of a kick ass presser without a dry eye in the house. And don’t tell me he’s too old to recruit, the pitch is pretty simple.

What’s the alternative? Jed Fisch? Lol
    I'm already onboard. Dannen leveraging Pete being available to drive down DeBoer's price? ;)
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 13
    Houhusky said:

I love it

Based on nothing 81 percent of the board now hates DeBoer

The French loved Napoleon until he left France to invade Russia in 1812

you remember
    Republic of France 1812 before Napoleons Russia Campaign/Waterloo:

France after defeated at Waterloo and Treaty of Paris 1815:

@RaceBannon

Napoleon still left France in a better position than Deboar left UW.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,945
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

thechatch said:

What are the comparisons for the old legendary college coaches going back to college? Spurrier, Mack Brown, and Snyder? Honestly isn't as bad as I would have assumed, but still seems like these guys are also good, but not great when they come back because they have nothing to prove.
    Willing to find out with Urban.