Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deboer gone

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,159
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 12

it’s going to be norvell.

This could assist his decision.

That’s fucking bullshit. This is straight up retaliation against FSU for their actions after being left out of the CFP. Fuck the NCAA into the dirt. All that being said, Norvell would probably jump at the opportunity to GTFO with those sanctions coming.
    FSU is trapped in a real shitty nightmare and we have to hope for it to get worse if its really down to DeBo vs Norvell. God I love this game.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    I hate myself for having similar sentiment as that faggot.

Kill me already.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The NCAA is worse than the IOC.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    pack everything up and shoot the dogs, we have just lost boner....FUCK
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    phineas said:

i dont know fuck all about UW finances but do we really, honestly see them shelling out 15 million at bare minimum, according to him, for a coach and his team?

Regardless of the number it would come down to the big money signing off on ensuring the money is there
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

The NCAA is worse than the ISIS

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

The NCAA is worse than the IOC.

But still not quite as bad as FIFA. Amirite, @PurpleJ?
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

dtd said:

At least they actually believe in their cause!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Every time I refresh and there's a new comment in this thread, my starfish contracts to protect itself.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

One of them is corrupt and incompetent.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    edited January 12

it’s going to be norvell.

This could assist his decision.

thats a big part of it, i also thing the fuckshow the ACC is/will become plays a part, you went undefeated, left out of the playoff*, you'll probably repeat, and get throttled in the expanded playoff because you're playing inferior competition all year.

i dont think cfb people in the south like 'us northerners,' and i think that plays a part of deboer staying. i also think jimmy sexton is floating a lot of this to get UW to up their offer, he shares an agent with saban, more power to him on that.

if deboer wants to chase the bag, go do it, but his ass will be on the hot seat if he goes to bama and puts up a performance like he did monday night. his ass is getting a pay raise at UW for losing by 21 in the natty. at bama, if he pulls that back to back years, he gets fired. again, if you want to get paid for four years, go do that, probably would rather be the guy following after the guy after saban though.

lastly, and i know this came before the saban retirement (sexton had to have known about this), but he made the comment 'a lot of the coaches got offers, but everyone is sticking around.' again, before the saban thing, but would be surprising.

also on the staff, no way deboer takes all of the UW staff, bama wont let him, theyll make him keep some of saban's staff for recruiting/continuity. again, if you want to get the bag, and get told what to do, go do it.

why hasnt sark's name come up in all of this? him and manning as a package? feel like we could get some good memes out of that.

*got fuckin throttled in your bowl game by backups but still
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 12
    Sark said no, reportedly, whatever THAT means.

One of my favorite thoughts is, how many championships do you need to get a statue at Bama? 7? How many at UW?

The more I think about it, it's completely out of character for KD to go to Bama, if his whole persona that he's curated over decades is to be believed. Gets more illogical the more I think about it. There's zero part of me that thinks he will go there because of Alabama "prestige" and to try to be the next Saban. Nah, this guy hits different and has a conscience. He's a culture builder and that's really not the same at Bama. That's a machine and he would be a cog. He's already seen what culture building at UW is like, and it's working. He wouldn't do us like that because it would eat at him forever. I truly believe he knows that deep down somewhere. That's just one reason he ain't goin, my trust in his brain, but there are more. It's a horrific fit for the KD I think I know and if I'm wrong, well, every foundation of trust around me will crumble to dust and my hermit/nomadic wanderer life will begin. I don't want that. Not yet.
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

One of my favorite thoughts is, how many championships do you need to get a statue at Bama? 7? How many at UW?

The more I think about it, it's completely out of character for KD to go to Bama, if his whole persona that he's curated over decades is to be believed. Gets more illogical the more I think about it. There's zero part of me that thinks he will go there because of Alabama "prestige" and to try to be the next Saban. Nah, this guy hits different and has a conscience. He's a culture builder and that's really not the same at Bama. That's a machine and he would be a cog. He's already seen what culture building at UW is like, and it's working. He wouldn't do us like that because it would eat at him forever. I truly believe he knows that deep down somewhere. That's just one reason he ain't goin, my trust in his brain, but there are more. It's a horrific fit for the KD I think I know and if I'm wrong, well, every foundation of trust around me will crumble to dust and my hermit/nomadic wanderer life will begin. I don't want that. Not yet.

This sounds like boovs talking about Babushka...

The reality is that Alabama is the top prestige job in the country right now, and probably all time. Deboer has a shot at it right now, odds are he never will again.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The reality is that Alabama is the top prestige job in the country right now, and probably all time. Deboer has a shot at it right now, odds are he never will again.
    UW is going to the B1G instead of the WAC

Babushka remains if Beav was going with us
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 12

Prestige is the SEC Kool-Aid that the peasants drink up and think stands above all else. It's quite meaningless, especially for a person who hasn't drank the Kool-Aid their whole life, and there's a thousand other factors that would influence KDs decision. So what if Bama won championships and has a winning history? Big fucking deal, that's the past. KD would be 0-0 at Bama. Literally the only benefit would be to have a theoretically better high school talent pool available based on 247 rankings skewed towards southern players. This is the portal era and we just went to the Natty with scrubs. Fuck all that. KD is different and it's the same reason Petersen didn't go to USC or elsewhere from Boise. Not all coaches are egomaniac monsters thinking they're the man for Bama, especially a guy like KD, I truly believe it. I think Bama bout to be getting their 4th or 5th option just like USC and Carroll. It happens. There's a reason no coach besides Sark has left UW since we rubbed sticks together to make fire. This is not a stepping stone.

I hate this ride and I want off. Too scary.

Also the Babushka comparison is bad, arguably terrible.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dtd said:

at least ISIS has principles
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why would Sark leave Texass for Bama? There's no clear advantage to doing that. Bama is Bama right now because of Saban
  • Options
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

dtd said:

at least ISIS has principles
    Principled without principles, maybe.