Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One thing that has me optimistic this morning

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited September 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
It's Tuesday morning and I have finally recovered from Saturday's game. I can't remember the last time a Husky loss bothered me until Monday night. Probably not since either the Gilby era or very early in the Willingham regime.

It's great to care again on this level, without all the surrounding politics getting in the way.

I'm about ready for Cal now.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I was over it by halftime of the USC game.
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,056
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

It's almost like you have superpowers or something.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club

It's Tuesday morning and I realized the new coach out-sarked a coach who out-sarked Sark two weeks ago. I'm LIPO but that loss fucking sucked!

As I asked my dad after the fake punt, "Is Sark calling our plays? What the hell is going on here?"
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2014
    CP is trying to prove himself and he panicked a little bit....and in the end it looks like he made some poor choices.

I would have been perfectly happy to go to overtime and just see what happens...CP was trying everything he could think of to try and win in regulation. Fake punt was brutal....but they still went 50 yards to score a TD. So who's to say they wouldn't have gone 80.

If this was Sark I would be losing my head....CP has a little bit of leeway with his record of success. But the bloom is off the rose for sure.
  • Options
    Disciple_2_HoleDisciple_2_Hole Member Posts: 122
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    HuskyJW said:

But the bloom is off the rose for sure.

I was with you until this, LIPO.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like you care.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

It's Tuesday morning and I realized the new coach out-sarked a coach who out-sarked Sark two weeks ago. I'm LIPO but that loss fucking sucked!

As I asked my dad after the fake punt, "Is Sark calling our plays? What the hell is going on here?"
    Do we need to hold an exorcism?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

wait... Dad? or Dadd?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Horrible offensive preparation and play-calling. Johnny Appleseed is not ready to be the OC of the University of Washington Huskies. Just fucking throw the ball up to Kasen Williams (a state high jump champ with long arms) and let him make a play. He's done it a hundred times. The ONE time they did it, what happened? A PASS INTERFERENCE CALL on the defense!!!

Punt the FUCKING ball on 4th down and give your defense a shot at stopping them! Make stanford drive the ball the length of the field.

Miley Cyrus has no anticipation. In college WRs are less wide open than high school, so you need I throw to a spot. Miley hasn't figured this out yet. When Keith Price was at this stage of his career he was breaking records, so youth is bullshit.

The preparation all week was awful, and the in-game adjustments were invisible. Petersen panicked, and it showed.

Maybe you feel better, but I don't...not until this shit gets addressed.

Let's call it like we see it, unless we want to become doogman part deux.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

I woke up with morning wood. That made me optimistic.

Front lawn or backyard? And do you even know whose yard it was anyway?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I woke up with morning wood. That made me optimistic.

Front lawn or backyard? And do you even know whose yard it was anyway?
    Gutter. Somewhere in Boston.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Passion said:

Horrible offensive preparation and play-calling. Johnny Appleseed is not ready to be the OC of the University of Washington Huskies. Just fucking throw the ball up to Kasen Williams (a state high jump champ with long arms) and let him make a play. He's done it a hundred times. The ONE time they did it, what happened? A PASS INTERFERENCE CALL on the defense!!!

Punt the FUCKING ball on 4th down and give your defense a shot at stopping them! Make stanford drive the ball the length of the field.

Miley Cyrus has no anticipation. In college WRs are less wide open than high school, so you need I throw to a spot. Miley hasn't figured this out yet. When Keith Price was at this stage of his career he was breaking records, so youth is bullshit.

The preparation all week was awful, and the in-game adjustments were invisible. Petersen panicked, and it showed.

You want to fire an offensive coordinator after one game and you've got the nerve to say someone else panicked?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

You want to fire an offensive coordinator after one game and you've got the nerve to say someone else panicked?
    I laughed at this

Out loud
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Passion said:

I laughed at this

Out loud
    We have people wanting coordinators fired, but there's no dooging going on...just reasonable football discussions.

~O)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

I laughed at this

Out loud
    We have people wanting coordinators fired, but there's no dooging going on...just reasonable football discussions.

~O)
    It was Passion
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Passion said:

I laughed at this

Out loud

~O)
    It was Passion
    I know. It's not like I said it was you.

Not sure why you felt compelled to run to his/their defense.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

I laughed at this

Out loud

~O)
    It was Passion
    I know. It's not like I said it was you.

Not sure why you felt compelled to run to his/their defense.
    You made a blanket statement hours before Passion bailed you out here. And he isn't making excuses, he is pissed off that we lost