Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs. Michigan National Championship Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,988
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Duck fans celebrating like 1972 Dolphins. Every. Fucking. Year.

As they should.
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 9

1991 dawgs would manhandle this team.

To actually be objective, a 7-6 team from 2023 would manhandle a national title team from 1991. And forget about a 14-1 team from 2023.

Do you know how much football has progressed in 32 years? The weightlifting techniques, game strategies, offensive and defensive schemes, amount of hours that both coaches and players are required to put in, etc.

For God’s sake, 3-6 years later, teams still couldn’t figure out how to stop the triple option enough to prevent Nebraska from winning 3 national titles with that now primitive offense in 4 years. Also look at what players weigh today vs in 1991.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,046
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Oniy bright side. Some players shall return after this cluster
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

Michigan's defense is good - only sacked Penix once, but the pressure was constant, threw Penix off methinks, when the WRs were open he was already dumping off to the short guys. Hats off to the Wolverines as much as I hate to say that - we were outplayed by a good team.

The game plan didn’t help him at all. But Penix didn’t hit any deep shots tonight to keep Michigan honest. The forth down miss to Odunze is inexcusable.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,104
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    biak1 said:

Duck fans celebrating like 1972 Dolphins. Every. Fucking. Year.

As they should.

I'll talk my shit because I have to, but of course on the flipside, Duck fans know the pain all too well. It sucks. Sorry guysm.
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 799
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    The plays were there , we just made none of them until the end when that holding call wiped it out.

In all honesty, that play that got wiped out by the holding STILL didn’t look right. Penix missed that throw too.
  • Options
    RudeboyMathamagicianRudeboyMathamagician Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    The hillbillies beat the hoodrats tonight
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    HuskyBuck said:

The plays were there , we just made none of them until the end when that holding call wiped it out.

In all honesty, that play that got wiped out by the holding STILL didn’t look right. Penix missed that throw too.

Penix wasn’t right at all. Geezus Will Johnson isn’t a corner you see very often.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Defense played well enough to win.

If you told me Michigan had 20 at the start of the 4th I would take that.

Offensive ineptitude fucked it.

This. I was predicting our defense gave up 27 points which would be fairly accurate if our offense had any life at all. I predicated 31 points for our offense, instead they got the numbers on the wrong digits.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 9
    Too much mezcal... much drunk... Morrel fuckking stupid frist quarter but good enough after i guess. Grubb retarded wasting best wr group ever. Dutchman needs to hire someone to help him on D and in recruiting.

Penix shit bed, coaches didn't tell him he didnt need to win the game, just play football

Losing DJ was massive, pass protect was so bad without him

Westy was best player on the field and that is retard

Frustrating, everything was there to win the game but Penix played one of his worst games every and Grubb reverted to his retarded calls to often.

OL and DL recruiting is going to have to be much better in BIG10, 13 points is horceshit

EDTI: play with fire 15 times, win 14 times, could eb worse
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Without DJ and a running game — and falling behind by giving up 1,000 rushing yards in the first quarter — UW was hosed.

Needed to stay ahead and not play from two scores down. Penix was flustered, off his game and the rest of the offense couldn’t pick him up.

Team loss. Michigan deserved this. They were easily the better team.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 9
    Michigan is great, gotta make that clear. Their tackling is unmatched and for that, they get my respect.

UW blew two gap assignments early and mostly dominated the LOS besides, by my eyes. A comedy of shit happened henceforth. DJ was broken after one play. Michael got broken, clearly gutted it, and missed throw after throw. We had 1000 opportunities to do what we do because of our D. Often when capitalizing on those opportunities the stripes forbid it. The hold call on Roger on the big Rome catch will now forever be seared into my brain stem. On big third down conversions for Michigan with clear holds, the stripes allowed it. There's pics all over but I won't bore anyone with that. We played from behind the 8 Ball all night, some of our own doing, some not. We belonged on this field, controlled a large portion of this game, and yet we got our ass beat, somehow. I'm going to drink until I have one of those retroactive blackouts.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Michigan is great, gotta make that clear. Their tackling is unmatched and for that, they get my respect.

UW blew two gap assignments early and mostly dominated the LOS the rest of the way, by my eyes. A comedy of shit happened henceforth. DJ was broken after one play. Michael got broken, clearly gutted it, and missed throw after throw. We had 1000 opportunities to do what we do because of our D. Often when capitalizing on those opportunities the stripes forbid it. The hold call on Roger on the big Rome catch will now forever be seared into my brain stem. On big third down conversions for Michigan with clear holds, the stripes allowed it. There's pics all over but I won't bore anyone with that. We played from behind the 8 Ball all night, some of our own doing, some not. We belonged on this field, controlled a large portion of this game, and yet we got our ass beat, somehow. I'm going to drink until I have one of those retroactive blackouts.

Yeah, honestly I was the most impressed with their tackling. More than anything else, they could fucking tackle. We need to grease some of those rowers up next year and let the defense try to take them down.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Asshole lol
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Great to see that the fans didn’t turn on the team tonight. Feels like most know that they were outclassed and aren’t making any excuses.

And with the 12 team playoff next year, the Dawgs really only have to be the 2nd best team in the Conference to get there again. No pesky Stanfords or ASU’s to get by afterall.
  • Options
    Just Ohio State, Penn state, and Michigan. What could go wrong?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 9
    Kaepsknee said:

Great to see that the fans didn’t turn on the team tonight. Feels like most know that they were outclassed and aren’t making any excuses.

And with the 12 team playoff next year, the Dawgs really only have to be the 2nd best team in the Conference to get there again. No pesky Stanfords or ASU’s to get by afterall.

I'm not turning on the team but I don't feel we were outclassed either. What fan category is this?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kaepsknee said:

I'm not turning on the team but I don't feel we were outclassed either. What fan category is this?
    Coog