Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

National Title Ticket Prices Plummet

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We need another one of these articles but dated Sunday.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t know if StubHub is a liar but in looking at tickets they are showing some in the 100 level that have dropped price dramatically and are showing “sold 20 minutes ago” or “sold 6 minutes ago.” Anyone ever played this ticket Russian roulette before? Is the best way to set alerts through the app or site? Does that shit work? Thanks in advance. Not planning in advance gives me anxiety. Well documented, deserves it’s own thread.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 151
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    The prices may have dropped, but did the fees? Asking for a friend.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The prices may have dropped, but did the fees? Asking for a friend.

Fees doubled.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LaZoris said:

I don’t know if StubHub is a liar but in looking at tickets they are showing some in the 100 level that have dropped price dramatically and are showing “sold 20 minutes ago” or “sold 6 minutes ago.” Anyone ever played this ticket Russian roulette before? Is the best way to set alerts through the app or site? Does that shit work? Thanks in advance. Not planning in advance gives me anxiety. Well documented, deserves it’s own thread.

I've played the russian roulette a few times right before start time and it's hit or miss. I've never got lucky like a $75 sugar bowl ticket that I heard about.

Most recent we tried it at the NHL WInter Classic at Safeco before the Sugar Bowl. Prices did not plummet like I thought. Prices stayed the same from 2 hours before puck drop and we bought tixs while they were singing the anthem for the same price.

I'm flying to Houston today and plan on doing this again tomorrow but not right up until kickoff. Going to start drinking about 2pm local time and have a buzz by 4pm and then start hitting the 3rd party sites. Cheapest ticket with fees is still over $1K as I write this. If I find tixs around $700 on the UW side tomorrow I'm pulling the trigger. No reason to be a cheap fuck after all the money I burned to go to this.
    How much of a difference will that $300 make when you're on your death bed thinking of your 2023 national champion Huskies?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

LaZoris said:

I've played the russian roulette a few times right before start time and it's hit or miss. I've never got lucky like a $75 sugar bowl ticket that I heard about.

Most recent we tried it at the NHL WInter Classic at Safeco before the Sugar Bowl. Prices did not plummet like I thought. Prices stayed the same from 2 hours before puck drop and we bought tixs while they were singing the anthem for the same price.

I'm flying to Houston today and plan on doing this again tomorrow but not right up until kickoff. Going to start drinking about 2pm local time and have a buzz by 4pm and then start hitting the 3rd party sites. Cheapest ticket with fees is still over $1K as I write this. If I find tixs around $700 on the UW side tomorrow I'm pulling the trigger. No reason to be a cheap fuck after all the money I burned to go to this.
    How much of a difference will that $300 make when you're on your death bed thinking of your 2023 national champion Huskies?
    Kinda like that $129 for the ‘wam.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 799
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

They have??

These were $1600 when I looked after the Sugar Bowl
  • Options
    Sobchak_SecuritySobchak_Security Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tickets dropped initially but have held pretty steady since the initial drop.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They've gone up a little bit in the past few days.

• Options
    JetFuelSteelBeamsJetFuelSteelBeams Member Posts: 36
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    My plan is to be the very last secondary market transaction. Will see how it works out.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Can I use chins as payment?
  • Options
    Ori said:

I really hope they do drop further tonight. I flew out of England and my daughter, who is a UW alumni, arrived last night from New Zealand. So I am going to get some tickets tomorrow, hope they will be cheaper than cure t prices...

They will, the collapse will happen tomorrow. There’s tickets everywhere in that stadium that I guarantee the locals will not pick up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

Ori said:

I really hope they do drop further tonight. I flew out of England and my daughter, who is a UW alumni, arrived last night from New Zealand. So I am going to get some tickets tomorrow, hope they will be cheaper than cure t prices...

They will, the collapse will happen tomorrow. There’s tickets everywhere in that stadium that I guarantee the locals will not pick up.
    I hope you’re right buck or I’M the one getting fucked.
  • Options

HuskyBuck said:

Ori said:

I hope you’re right buck or I’M the one getting fucked.
    Last week I watched Sugar bowl tickets drop from $350 on Dec 30 to $60 right at game time.

The panic will set in soon for those sellers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Steady…steady.