Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My name is Swaye, and I am stoopid...

2»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Once cheating became legal, it actually helped the west coast more than it hurts. Who knew? And we hired the best coach in the country.

Saban begging for common sense NIL laws was the tell.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Once cheating became legal, it actually helped the west coast more than it hurts. Who knew? And we hired the best coach in the country.

This is a huge part of it. I incorrectly assumed NIL was the final nail in our coffin, given my reasons stated previously (i.e. AD and institutional support), but turns out when you have a goddamn football savant like Boner and the Univ (at the Prez) level commits to winning then wtfIcan'tbelieveit we are all of the sudden playing for it all. Portal has become our biggest asset because Boner and crew know how to make winners out of the island of misfit toys better than any other staff in the land.
    #metoo

I thought it would kill the west. Oregon usc and uw have done well though. I think the sec misplayed it initially. Ole Miss is getting their reads down for a run next year. Don't know that they can replicate it year after year spending that way though.

It actually works out best to have a bunch of juniors on your team projected as mid round picks. You can guarantee them compensation the nfl can't unless they are on a game day roster. Then go plug a few holes.
    This is a really good take I think. The portal, when played correctly, is more than just go throw money at the biggest sizzle players out there (aTm style)....it finding just the right pieces that can have the greatest effect for the longest time. Sum greater than the parts type thing. Boner is a master at it. His recruiting at the HS level is still suspect to me, but man if he can fill 5-10 holes every year with solid portal contributors to Sunday stars this program has a high floor every year.
    Moneyball >>> Pots of cash

Plenty of rich programs in sports that can't buy a championship bc of poor management.

Also, shouldn't you be defending @SECDAWG take that Georgia is the REAL #1?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's okay. I think 81% of us (hardyhar har) had serious doubts about this program into last season.

I had a sales call today and I was talking about a percentage of people “at random, say 81%”. You guysm would’ve been so proud.

Also, what’s dive grass gayball?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It's okay. I think 81% of us (hardyhar har) had serious doubts about this program into last season.

I had a sales call today and I was talking about a percentage of people “at random, say 81%”. You guysm would’ve been so proud.

I think the gays and PrincessJ call it soccer. Axe Fatters.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

This is a huge part of it. I incorrectly assumed NIL was the final nail in our coffin, given my reasons stated previously (i.e. AD and institutional support), but turns out when you have a goddamn football savant like Boner and the Univ (at the Prez) level commits to winning then wtfIcan'tbelieveit we are all of the sudden playing for it all. Portal has become our biggest asset because Boner and crew know how to make winners out of the island of misfit toys better than any other staff in the land.
    #metoo

I thought it would kill the west. Oregon usc and uw have done well though. I think the sec misplayed it initially. Ole Miss is getting their reads down for a run next year. Don't know that they can replicate it year after year spending that way though.

It actually works out best to have a bunch of juniors on your team projected as mid round picks. You can guarantee them compensation the nfl can't unless they are on a game day roster. Then go plug a few holes.
    This is a really good take I think. The portal, when played correctly, is more than just go throw money at the biggest sizzle players out there (aTm style)....it finding just the right pieces that can have the greatest effect for the longest time. Sum greater than the parts type thing. Boner is a master at it. His recruiting at the HS level is still suspect to me, but man if he can fill 5-10 holes every year with solid portal contributors to Sunday stars this program has a high floor every year.
    Moneyball >>> Pots of cash

Plenty of rich programs in sports that can't buy a championship bc of poor management.

Also, shouldn't you be defending @SECDAWG take that Georgia is the REAL #1?
    Some are saying Courtney Morgan is Billy Beane
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

USC bailing you fags out twice has got to be the luckiest thing in the history of sports

they respect us
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Oh, yeah. I played for 15 yrs. Got really good… then found drugs and partying. soccer is what I call it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Huh?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    @Swaye the summary of your view was the belief that culture killed football at UW. I shared it. That’s how I ended up at this cesspool. I was really bummed as I always felt sports are the ultimate expression of a meritocracy in civilian life.

While we can move this discussion to the Tug, I think there is now better alignment between sports (football especially) and UC regarding the importance of on campus diversity particularly as affirmative action continues to be threatened by voters and the courts.

Whatever the rationale was/is for UC to support football in way most similar to pre-Hedges, I don’t care; I’m just happy it is this way. I love that we’re back.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Thank you for sharing. Awesome.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#metoo

The way this staff is recruiting now will work as long as they find a franchise QB and have a stable of high end receivers. Ryan Day looked like a stud with CJ Stroud and a glut of first round receivers. He looks like a red faced, black bearded toad with Kyle McCord and will again next year with mobile Kyle McCord. You can't miss on any QB's when you run a QB dependent offense.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,281
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    btw why ain't you burning some of those United miles to go?