Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nails

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,248 Swaye's Wigwam
I've heard a few reasons why it's the case for Deboer and I think Penix plays a big factor but I've been so impressed with how completely unphased the entire team seems to be by these colossal stages. You have the biggest Pac-12 game in history and a playoff game which was the biggest game in program history and up there in Texas football history and the team (other than possibly Bernard's muff) never seemed even slightly phased. No nerves. No dropped passes. No missed tackles because the defender is overthinking things when the ball carrier comes his way.

For example, Nix took a few series' to settle down in the P12CG and it may have cost them the game and their entire team looked tight for a lot of that game. In the Sugar Bowl, Ewers seemed really affected by pressure, especially late. Their OL had false starts and a couple I think just got missed.

Comments

• sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    Reason 1 for Deboer - mfer is icy hot. Somehow strikes that perfect balance of having a heart and is loving meanwhile never gets rattled.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,461 Swaye's Wigwam
    DeBoer is one of the most confident individuals Ive ever seen and that confidence absolutely rubs off on the team

That confidence doesnt translate well to FPI, SP+, and other dumbass graphs charts and metrics. It translates into wins. Stats are for losers. Win.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 816 Founders Club
    edited January 4
    Dawgs get a lead and the Harbaugh run game plan is out the window.
  • wobidbuswobidbus Member Posts: 308
    RTD said:

Dawgs get a lead and the Harbaugh run game plan is out the window.

And no 3rd quarter razzle dazzle horseshit from Grubb.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I'm watching Michigan highlights and they're trying to throw it on Indiana and McCarthy's getting chased out of the pocket by them.

Think Cowherd has it backwards, we're a bad matchup for them and Trice is going to have one his best games.

My concern is they are not going to throw the ball and we may not be able to stop it

Would love to see the Huskies get the ball first and score. Put the pressure on and make them think they have to throw.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

haie said:

I'm watching Michigan highlights and they're trying to throw it on Indiana and McCarthy's getting chased out of the pocket by them.

Think Cowherd has it backwards, we're a bad matchup for them and Trice is going to have one his best games.

I was never worried about UT when they were ripping off 10+ yards a carry, I knew Sark is a retard and would panic abandon the run once UW was up by a score or two.

Führer Harbach, unfortunately, is much less likely to randomly abandon the run when its working... UW has to sell out everything to stop the run or Michigan will run 40+ times and throw <15 and be perfectly happy </p>
    Here's the thought this leads me too. UW can stuff the run when they commit to it. They couldn't commit to it against Tejas because Ewers and those receivers were a threat to beat the secondary like a drum.

To me the key will be stopping third down conversions through the air and/or QB scrambles. I'm actually confident that UW will play the run well.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,714
    chuck said:

Houhusky said:

haie said:

I was never worried about UT when they were ripping off 10+ yards a carry, I knew Sark is a retard and would panic abandon the run once UW was up by a score or two.

Führer Harbach, unfortunately, is much less likely to randomly abandon the run when its working... UW has to sell out everything to stop the run or Michigan will run 40+ times and throw <15 and be perfectly happy </p>
    Here's the thought this leads me too. UW can stuff the run when they commit to it. They couldn't commit to it against Tejas because Ewers and those receivers were a threat to beat the secondary like a drum.

To me the key will be stopping third down conversions through the air and/or QB scrambles. I'm actually confident that UW will play the run well.
    McCarthy is a pretty accurate passer and a fast guy. I think they will have him keeping the rock on read option stuff, then hitting the occasional pass.

Best case scenario for UM is a Trace McSorely performance. Just playing keep away.

Of course they don't have Saquon on their side.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

DeBoer is one of the most confident individuals Ive ever seen and that confidence absolutely rubs off on the team

That confidence doesnt translate well to FPI, SP+, and other dumbass graphs charts and metrics. It translates into wins. Stats are for losers. Win.

Penix also, dude is unflappable and it rolls downhill.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,944
    The only scenario, which I score as unlikely, where I see us? struggling is Michigan runs the ball up our? butter bean with impunity and keeps possession for long fucking drives and their corners, which I think are pretty good, buys their D line just enough more time to get in and harass our? Penix. And by 'harass' I mean hit him and leave a mark. He has shown himself somewhat mortal after taking a hard hit.

But they have nothing like our? passing game, so if it gets into a back and forth scoring show, we? win rather easily. I am assuming that DJ (ILTCHDJTWILTD) will be at least a little hampered and in any even that we won't be able to run on them a ton.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    edited January 5
    I thought this thread was going to be about Caleb Williams

edit: fuck your 7 hours @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,747 Swaye's Wigwam

I thought this was a thread about Caleb Williams.

That would be titled “nail painting faggot.”
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796

You came to the wrong place to bash nail painting faggots, mister.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,747 Swaye's Wigwam

You came to the wrong place to bash nail painting faggots, mister.
    I love J.