Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Washington is the Ron Paul of College Football

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,302 Founders Club
It's happening! Washington knocks off the playcalling genius and master of deception Steve Sarkisian and Texas to advance to the National Championship game vs Michigan! As the late Pup would said, "Holy fuckall!"

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hardcorehusky/episodes/Washington-is-the-Ron-Paul-of-College-Football-e2e13b6

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm really fucking annoyed that Google is killing their podcast app.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,872 Founders Club
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,510 Founders Club
    haie said:

I'm really fucking annoyed that Google is killing their podcast app.

I didn’t know this but I switched to apple whenever I got an iPhone
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,582 Standard Supporter
    WE earned this!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Thanks for the pod, pods
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,872 Swaye's Wigwam
    TIL: Joey and Woolley are brother in laws
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,872 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m not sure truer words have been said on the pod than when Woolley said being a college football fan is all about finding the measuring stick that works for you.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,510 Founders Club

You’re saying you didn’t know that?
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,216 Swaye's Wigwam

Listening while at the bath house. 2 incredibly good points made early on

1 - Blue chip ratio <<<<< your best 11 players. Who gives a fuck if Texas's 3rd string LB is a 5 star and ours is a walk on.

2 - The comment on how well this staff has done with the talent they have. Every player is playing to their absolute highest potential. Reminds me of Chip Kelly's best teams where you had guys like Jeff Maehl making acrobatic catches in the end zone and 2-star linemen like Nick Reed playing at all-american levels. Gives me a ton of hope for the future.</p>

1. Matters during the regular season when injuries happen. We? Definitely struggled because of this but managed to get through. Call it luck, fate, or determination but 1 more critical injury could have meant 1 loss and an Orange Bowel. Teams with tons of talent deal with attrition better.

Lucky for us? We made it and had a month to get healthy. Still may matter with DJ.

With the TP the era of stacking REAL talent 3 deep is probably dead.
    Injuries popped into my head. It was one of the worst seasons ever for dinged up injuries - whatever happened to Penix, Rome's ribs, the flu or whatever the fuck it was, Tuli, McMillan, DJ's foot, the safety situation, but other than basically McMillan the no one lost for the season thing is great for the second year in a row.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    It's hard for me to get excited about HS recruiting as much. It's still fun and despite me having reservations about the Wild Wild West nature of NIL I think it's made it possible for cellar dwellers to hustle their way out of the bottom. We were 4-8 two seasons ago and we're a freaking good game away from winning the Natty. Crazy times.

I think successful HC are going to focus on maintaining relations with the kids for that Portal lifeline. If Rainey-Sales commits to FSU and decides he hates huge southern cockroaches you make it easy for him to land back at home.

I agree with @WoolleyDoog in that you need about 4-6 studs on each side of the ball and technically sound players to fill the gaps and a good HC will find a way to win.

Somehow, no. I’ve listened to pretty much every pod this year too.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,302 Founders Club

Somehow, no. I’ve listened to pretty much every pod this year too.
    We probably haven't bantered about that since maybe 2021