Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stats are for losers

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,606
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
edited January 3 in Hardcore Husky Board
Part 10. Washington is the best team in America. Beat Oregon twice and Texas baby.

Comments

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    The second pic is SRS.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Took SC, Utah, and Oregon State's best shot. 2/3 on the road and MW Utah is always greased up to play in Seattle.

Those teams finished poorly, obviously, so the media doesn't care, but still.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    If Penix throws remotely close as he did in the Sugar bowl. I just don’t see Michigan winning.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

If Penix throws remotely close as he did in the Sugar bowl. I just don’t see Michigan winning.

The bewilderment of the national media watching penix is the best part. Qualifications of being an analyst are at all time low. The pronunciation of rome odunze is another gem.
    Literally the stupidest people in the world work in sports media. They don't even watch the sport they cover.
    I get that Penix was extra special Monday night and I've watched every throw he's made the past two seasons. Still, the media's shock by it is fucking dumb. I think a lot of them are just on their phones and Twitter reacting to each other's bullshit.
    He played great, no doubt even by his standards. The narrative that it was something dramatically above and beyond how he plays most games is annoying as fuck though. It's a national coping mechanism.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,580
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

jecornel said:

The bewilderment of the national media watching penix is the best part. Qualifications of being an analyst are at all time low. The pronunciation of rome odunze is another gem.
    Literally the stupidest people in the world work in sports media. They don't even watch the sport they cover.
    I get that Penix was extra special Monday night and I've watched every throw he's made the past two seasons. Still, the media's shock by it is fucking dumb. I think a lot of them are just on their phones and Twitter reacting to each other's bullshit.
    He played great, no doubt even by his standards. The narrative that it was something dramatically above and beyond how he plays most games is annoying as fuck though. It's a national coping mechanism.
    I think a big difference was also never throwing that one interception that just makes you shake your head was part of it too. Man, if he could have avoided that the past two seasons...
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

jecornel said:

I think a big difference was also never throwing that one interception that just makes you shake your head was part of it too. Man, if he could have avoided that the past two seasons...
    Yeah I was pretty surprised he didn't make one forced throw into a crowd. I cringed every time he rolled out since that's usually when it happens.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    congratulations to coach debear
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sources said:

jecornel said:

I’ve heard it pronounced wrong more than it is right by pundits. Just tells me they’ve never watched Odunzay play. They’ve had years to do it. Years.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Sources said:

jecornel said:

“Romay Odonzo” has entered the 5 Reasons chat room.
    Hell yeah, fuck yeah
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

What Washington is doing right now is really some game changing cutting edge stuff

Why so many are missing this compared to what Oregon was doing 10-15 years ago under Chip is that on the surface this doesn't look different ... to many it is just Penix dropping dimes at a high level (which he is)

But when you really dive in to understanding the pressure that this offense puts on defenders with leverage and releases

The doubters are just fueling the fire

This. There was two plays that stood out to me. The TD to MacMillan over the middle. One S high. Romay runs a go route up the right side. Penix uses his eyes to move the S to Penix’s right towards Romay. JMac is running a post from the slot I think. Penix quickly comes back with a laser over the middle. S sees it develop late dives back to knock the pass down but is over 3’ short. Crazy.

The second play was a 15-20 yard pass to JMac in yhe 3rd quarter where JMac lined up in the backfield to Penix’s left. There was one WR out wide on the left. It was obvious that in the defensive scheme, a LB had coverage on JMac. Huge mismatch. The WR cleared it out and JMac did the rest.

The sugar Bowl was my first game seeing Penix and this offense in person all 22. There was so much more, but Penix and this offense are even better than
    What you see on TV. Incredible.
    TV doesn’t do it justice and when you get a true All 22 view it just stands out

The TD to Jalen is a perfect example of the problems we create

Rome at the top is 100% running an endzone route that is death 1 v 1 because it could be back shoulder (see Oregon) or effective a fade/corner (see Utah) that you need an elite Sunday guy to play that straight up

Rightfully, Texas shades a S over to be ready for the double

On the opposite slot, Jalen’s running a post that is going to have leverage on the S on that side by crossing his face … for that S to defend that play he’s got to effectively ignore the boundary WR on Jalen’s side who I’d be willing to bet was probably running a similar route to Rome

No matter how you slice it you’re going to have a 1 v 1 matchup without S help and the throw for Penix is completely predicated on the leverage of the S … once the right leverage is found it’s all systems go

I got to watch the Utah game from the football offices and the view from there is a real time All 22 … go back and look at the TD throws to Rome in that game and you will see the leverage in real time. Literally all that is required is a S to take 1 wrong step and it can be game over