Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Public service announcement: never use StubHub

Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I’m in New Orleans and bought sweet tickets for the Lakers at Pelicans game tonight. Bad mistake. Fuck StubHub, never use those fucking crooks. I’m SeatGeeks moving forward on the secondary market. StubHub is a scam.

Comments

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

I’m in New Orleans and bought sweet tickets for the Lakers at Pelicans game tonight. Bad mistake. Fuck StubHub, never use those fucking crooks. I’m SeatGeeks moving forward on the secondary market. StubHub is a scam.

I’ll need more information as to how you got cucked.
    Bought sweet tix, arrived at game and denied.

Never use StubHub, ever.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 1
    Well shit! My ticket for tomorrow night is stub hub. But I have to login to ticket Master to access the ticket.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

Never use StubHub, ever.
    Did you call them? If so, what did they say?

Look, nobody hates StubHub more than I do. I used to be a Large Seller on their platform.

At the very least you should have gotten a refund.

They should have found you a suitable replacement - usually an upgrade they make the original ticket Seller pay for. (Ask me how I know, those cock sucking motherfuckers.)

Also, you said sweet tix. Did you mean Suite Tix? That's one place in a venue I wouldn't buy because those are usually private ownership and you are crashing a party.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Never use StubHub, ever.
    Did you call them? If so, what did they say?

Look, nobody hates StubHub more than I do. I used to be a Large Seller on their platform.

At the very least you should have gotten a refund.

They should have found you a suitable replacement - usually an upgrade they make the original ticket Seller pay for. (Ask me how I know, those cock sucking motherfuckers.)

Also, you said sweet tix. Did you mean Suite Tix? That's one place in a venue I wouldn't buy because those are usually private ownership and you are crashing a party.

StubHub Large Seller superiority guy heard from. Every board has one.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Nothing better than the 2 hour call with StubHub customer service an hour before game time.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

MelloDawg said:

Never use StubHub, ever.
    Your first clue should have been that they spelled it “Sweet” instead of “Suite” on the ticket.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Well shit! My ticket for tomorrow night is stub hub. But I have to login to ticket Master to access the ticket.

The Blazers app did the same thing. They're all integrating with Ticketmaster and forcing you to re-auth it's annoying AF.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I’d actually like to hear how this all resolves.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,941
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I’d actually like to hear how this all resolves.

Pelicans won

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    Founders Club
    haie said:

jecornel said:

The Blazers app did the same thing. They're all integrating with Ticketmaster and forcing you to re-auth it's annoying AF.
    Integrating is the wrong word ... but nonetheless, this is actually best case scenario as far as ticket security goes. You will get a new independent barcode and then have zero risk of fake tickets (or some other malady).

To be sure, I hate Ticketmaster more than StubHub.

I have a lot of @haie in my life when it comes to ticketing.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

haie said:

jecornel said:

Integrating is the wrong word ... but nonetheless, this is actually best case scenario as far as ticket security goes. You will get a new independent barcode and then have zero risk of fake tickets (or some other malady).

To be sure, I hate Ticketmaster more than StubHub.

I have a lot of @haie in my life when it comes to ticketing.

That's what it looked like to me. Previously I would accept Blazers tickets and had a completely different auth for that.

Then I'm offered tickets for some games last month and in the app they even say that now all of the trading goes through Ticketmaster's system and I have to reset my password both in the app and my Ticketmaster login just to go add them to my Google Wallet.