Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

32 year journey to RTD

RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818 Founders Club
The last three decades have had their moments but none have been as pure as what the next two games presents. A tangible and real shot at the title and a moment and run that could rival for the pinnacle sports moment in my life and I’m old.

What moments in Husky football standout over the last 30 years on the road to tomorrow?

I’ll go with, the 09 home game against Arizona where the ball bounced off of the WR heel and Foster intercepted it and returned it for a miracle TD to win the game.

Can’t wait for Deboer vs Sark II

What you got?

Comments

• RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818 Founders Club

The first two Miami games

Those were epic, I went on a UW Miami mini cruise for the Whammy, top three road game Dawg experiences for me.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483
    Late 2015 gave inklings that we had a lot of pieces to play with it in 2016. I recall that 13 month period fairly fondly.

A lot of other memories I’m hoping are washed from the memory banks, starting tomorrow.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    RTD said:

Those were epic, I went on a UW Miami mini cruise for the Whammy, top three road game Dawg experiences for me.
    Did you take a sight seeing plane?

70 to 21 changed the program

Some backsliding from 18 thru 21 but DeBoer beating #6 Oregon in Eugene last year made believing possible again

That was an amazing moment, I feel lucky to have gone to Eugene last year and it may be number one on the road game experience list for me.

2009 USC game. I’ve probably mentioned it before but I was in Afghanistan and watching on Armed Forces Network via a shitty satellite feed. I thought we? were back after that game.

Oddly enough, both Miami games and I watched the 2000 game on a shitty satellite feed on AFN but in Bosnia. Thought Rick was building a dynasty.

I had to watch that 09 game on an ESPN ticker in an Internet cafe. Painful way to watch a huge game.

edited December 2023
    LawDawg1 said:

RTD said:

Did you take a sight seeing plane?
    That’s funny, I didn’t, but feel like two older cousins did that as an activity.

…Bowdown, Go Dawgs!!!!
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    Forever Pac-12 champs
    Forever 4-team CFP Champs (on the line)

Not sure I could put the standouts in order but this year has surely brought what will be some lasting memories.

That said, I don't think in all my time as a Husky a game wrecked havoc on my nerves like the Pac-12 championship this year. From an hour before until well beyond the anxiety I had was off the charts.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,933 Founders Club
    RTD said:

2009 USC game. I’ve probably mentioned it before but I was in Afghanistan and watching on Armed Forces Network via a shitty satellite feed. I thought we? were back after that game.

Oddly enough, both Miami games and I watched the 2000 game on a shitty satellite feed on AFN but in Bosnia. Thought Rick was building a dynasty.

I had to watch that 09 game on an ESPN ticker in an Internet cafe. Painful way to watch a huge game.

The feed for the 09 game got so bad by the 4th quarter, I’d see the snap, the feed would freeze up for 2-3 seconds and then I’d see the end result of the play.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,510 Swaye's Wigwam

70 to 21 changed the program

Some backsliding from 18 thru 21 but DeBoer beating #6 Oregon in Eugene last year made believing possible again

Eugene last year was the real start.

Team was as calm and collected as you'll see a #25 be against a #6 with a 20 game home win streak.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    During the 44-6 win over Stanford, I was covering a Woodinville football game. During time outs and pauses in the action, referees and assistant coaches were rushing over to me to get updates on what was happening at Husky Stadium. That was a fun memory.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,648 Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

Forever Pac-12 champs
    Forever 4-team CFP Champs (on the line)

Not sure I could put the standouts in order but this year has surely brought what will be some lasting memories.

That said, I don't think in all my time as a Husky a game wrecked havoc on my nerves like the Pac-12 championship this year. From an hour before until well beyond the anxiety I had was off the charts.

To waking up with my head in the toilet and my kid in the hospital. It was a great night!
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    The Whammy… I moved into McMahon that day. My first day at UW. Everybody was sitting in the common area watching the game.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,766 Swaye's Wigwam

TYFYS
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,908 Swaye's Wigwam
    For me, it’s 70-21. I got hammered on my way from Chehalis to Eugene(was not the driver), yelled at some guy in a Kenny Wheaton jersey as I walked in, and then jizzed in my pants for 3.5 hours. I ran around at halftime high fiving every UW fan I could find. It was the most fun I’ve had at a sporting event. I thoroughly enjoyed going to the Pac12 championship game that year, but nothing yet has topped that game. If we pop off and win a natty in 7 days, I’ll be there, and that will top them all.