Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joel Klatt on the Sugar Bowl

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,092
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BornInAtxBornInAtx Member Posts: 12
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    In defense of Texas' pass D... couple of things to keep in mind... Texas ALWAYS has a very low ranking in total pass defense, EVERY year, even in their best years... every big 12 team is pass first and pass heavy... plus everyone we've played this season has abandoned the run apparently before the game started

UT's secondary isnt bad, it's not elite at every level but there's a mix of experience and talent that I believe is on par or better than anyone ya'll have faced this season

It's matchup to watch but NOT the disparity that #1 vs #95 makes it out to be... the BIGGEST matchup of the game to watch is ball control. Can the Huskies consistently keep the ball away from Texas' offense by sustaining long drives?

I honestly expect a lot of bend-but-don't break drives from both defenses
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    FTG. And Kannell. With a rusty cheese grater.

That is all.
  • Options
    "UW will go with 11 personal and run the interior line ragged."

Disagree, and if so will play into Texas' hand

"They will play tempo get the receivers in the edges with Johnson working the edges by pinning and pulling off of Fautanu."

This would be more of the base-line game plan I'd expect... and where I could see the rest of the gameplan built around. I expect Washington to try (be forced to) primarily work it through one guy, and most likely in one particular area of the field. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out (i.e. whether Texas can adjust to stop it or not)

"They will frustrate the D and take over in the 4th."

Agree. Could happen

"The Texas secondary will be put in positions to defend the run"

I hope so. Plays into our hand. Not how I expect the game to go

"and then deal with ball placement they haven’t faced since playing Penix last year."

No doubt he will be a problem for Texas. Not his "ball placement" that will be a problem for Texas. It will be his tenacity, experience, and ability to stay in the game that will hurt Texas. No doubt he will burn Texas bad... can Texas overcome 3-4 BIG plays from Penix? IDK

"Bonus point. Sark is dealing with a lunatic fan base and his nervous energy will feed into his QB."

What?

Ewers is a good QB, though I expect he will give up a bad turnover."

I agree

"And lastly majority Texas fans are expecting UW will get blown out."

They're not

• Options
    edited December 2023
    MelloDawg said:

"Bonus point. Sark is dealing with a lunatic fan base and his nervous energy will feed into his QB."

What?

Once you understand what this means, you’ll realize Sark isn’t your long term answer at head coach.

All fanbases have "unique" truisms about former coaches (from position coaches on up)... theyre almost always wrong... as someone whose livelihood has been coaching it's been interesting to see how it's developed in the internet age. Sarkisian may or may not be the "long term" answer for Texas but the definition of long term has changed in modern cfb. He is handling the "short term" very well... in fact best case of roster management of any coach I have seen from any program in what is the "new age" of college football
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    BornInAtx said:

"UW will go with 11 personal and run the interior line ragged."

Disagree, and if so will play into Texas' hand

"They will play tempo get the receivers in the edges with Johnson working the edges by pinning and pulling off of Fautanu."

This would be more of the base-line game plan I'd expect... and where I could see the rest of the gameplan built around. I expect Washington to try (be forced to) primarily work it through one guy, and most likely in one particular area of the field. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out (i.e. whether Texas can adjust to stop it or not)

"They will frustrate the D and take over in the 4th."

Agree. Could happen

"The Texas secondary will be put in positions to defend the run"

I hope so. Plays into our hand. Not how I expect the game to go

"and then deal with ball placement they haven’t faced since playing Penix last year."

No doubt he will be a problem for Texas. Not his "ball placement" that will be a problem for Texas. It will be his tenacity, experience, and ability to stay in the game that will hurt Texas. No doubt he will burn Texas bad... can Texas overcome 3-4 BIG plays from Penix? IDK

What?

Ewers is a good QB, though I expect he will give up a bad turnover."

I agree

"And lastly majority Texas fans are expecting UW will get blown out."

They're not

Meh, don’t read too much in to that guy, he’s like Kannell, a dumbass with dumbass, biased , fuckstick takes. On a wholesale level.

His “opinion” is shit. Like Kannell.

HTH

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,054
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    BornInAtx said:

All the WR’s are healthy and DJ had a month to heal. The ball is going anywhere and everywhere to anyone and everyone.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,633
    Standard Supporter
    The lunatic fanbase is added pressure for Sark. Texas fans absolutely expect and anticipate a blowout victory.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

BornInAtx said:

MelloDawg said:

What?

Once you understand what this means, you’ll realize Sark isn’t your long term answer at head coach.

All fanbases have "unique" truisms about former coaches (from position coaches on up)... theyre almost always wrong... as someone whose livelihood has been coaching it's been interesting to see how it's developed in the internet age. Sarkisian may or may not be the "long term" answer for Texas but the definition of long term has changed in modern cfb. He is handling the "short term" very well... in fact best case of roster management of any coach I have seen from any program in what is the "new age" of college football
    You serious, Clark?

Maybe you didn’t hear. Kalen DeBoer is 24-2 the last two years.

I’m sure he simply luck-boxed his roster management after the 2021 team went 4-8.

This is a perfect example of standard, off-the-shelf, Longhorn faggotry. Just tell him to shut the fuck up next time
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 1
    The justification that Texas’s secondary is below average because “the Big 12 passes a lot” seems faulty to me. I haven’t checked the stats, but if that’s true, I’d also expect the rest of the Big-12 to be in the same area of the pass D rankings.

I bet they aren’t.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    BornInAtx said:

In defense of Texas' pass D... couple of things to keep in mind... Texas ALWAYS has a very low ranking in total pass defense, EVERY year, even in their best years... every big 12 team is pass first and pass heavy... plus everyone we've played this season has abandoned the run apparently before the game started

UT's secondary isnt bad, it's not elite at every level but there's a mix of experience and talent that I believe is on par or better than anyone ya'll have faced this season

It's matchup to watch but NOT the disparity that #1 vs #95 makes it out to be... the BIGGEST matchup of the game to watch is ball control. Can the Huskies consistently keep the ball away from Texas' offense by sustaining long drives?

I honestly expect a lot of bend-but-don't break drives from both defenses

We ain't fucking dinosaurs ...

Run your mouth about defensive rankings based on total yardage and you can LEAVE
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

The justification that Texas’s secondary is below average because “the Big 12 passes a lot” seems faulty to me. I haven’t checked the stats, but if that’s true, I’d also expect the rest of the Big-12 to be in the same area of the pass D rankings.

I bet they aren’t.

Also, this would suggest that UT’s run defense is only good because “the Big-12 passes a lot” and therefore, doesn’t run.

Case dismissed.
    Sounds like you have some bad news for Texas
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I bet they aren’t.

Also, this would suggest that UT’s run defense is only good because “the Big-12 passes a lot” and therefore, doesn’t run.

Case dismissed.
    Sounds like you have some bad news for Texas
    Citations were needed.
  • Options
    edited January 2
    Sounds like the “unique truism” about our former coach was pretty accurate.