Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Does UW have a spot for another edge guy?

Maybe it's time for #46 to seek other opportunities.

I’d fucking hope they learned from their mistakes with Butler and just a talented player now, worry about numbers later
    Yep. I'd like to think there were other factors at play with Butler. That's a really stupid mistake if they actually wanted him and actually didn't think they'd have room.
    There's no way they made that mistake. I don't buy it. Definitely factors at play that we're unaware of. If there weren't rumors that he was leaning towards us or whatever, we wouldn't be talking about it anymore. Curious where those rumors came from anyway. If it was from Dawgman or Discord, those rumors should be taken with a salt mine. Especially if it came from Fleenor. These people are throwing whatever shitty crack they have to the addicts. Whether it ends up being true or not is irrelevant to them. They're either getting paid to keep the addicts on the hook or they get off on addicts hanging on their every word in a sadistic display of self-importance. Honor is dead. DEAD.
    How is Fleenor remotely considered an insider? When's the last scoop he broke that wasn't already on Twitter?
    Oh he certainly plays dress-up. From the Discord, paraphrasing slightly, "Brett McMurphy texted me saying Michigan and UW are playing in the Rose Bowl". That and other comments along those exact lines. I called it out, he immediately cried and threatened to take his ball and go home, one thing led to another, and now I can no longer access the Discord. Fleenor did start saving me $8 a month though; I'll give him that. If that's even his real name. Dude is a charlatan.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

I’d fucking hope they learned from their mistakes with Butler and just a talented player now, worry about numbers later
    Yep. I'd like to think there were other factors at play with Butler. That's a really stupid mistake if they actually wanted him and actually didn't think they'd have room.
    There's no way they made that mistake. I don't buy it. Definitely factors at play that we're unaware of. If there weren't rumors that he was leaning towards us or whatever, we wouldn't be talking about it anymore. Curious where those rumors came from anyway. If it was from Dawgman or Discord, those rumors should be taken with a salt mine. Especially if it came from Fleenor. These people are throwing whatever shitty crack they have to the addicts. Whether it ends up being true or not is irrelevant to them. They're either getting paid to keep the addicts on the hook or they get off on addicts hanging on their every word in a sadistic display of self-importance. Honor is dead. DEAD.
    How is Fleenor remotely considered an insider? When's the last scoop he broke that wasn't already on Twitter?
    Oh he certainly plays dress-up. From the Discord, paraphrasing slightly, "Brett McMurphy texted me saying Michigan and UW are playing in the Rose Bowl". That and other comments along those exact lines. I called it out, he immediately cried and threatened to take his ball and go home, one thing led to another, and now I can no longer access the Discord. Fleenor did start saving me $8 a month though; I'll give him that. If that's even his real name. Dude is a charlatan.
    I'm embarrassed to admit I also pay $8 for the Discord VIP tier but I plan on cancelling as soon as this season and recruiting cycle winds down. While it had a promising start, the mods particularly Izzo, have gradually transformed into Kim Jr. I do commend them in being able to garner equal or better sources than Dawgman in such a short time but the censoring of any critiques about the program and the fellating of the coaches is very DM-esque. All season they've hyped up an amazing portal haul to make up for the lackluster HS recruiting but it turns out they vastly overpromised and underdelivered. Any posters pointing this out are labeled as insane and threatened to get banned.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

I'm embarrassed to admit I also pay $8 for the Discord VIP tier but I plan on cancelling as soon as this season and recruiting cycle winds down. While it had a promising start, the mods particularly Izzo, have gradually transformed into Kim Jr. I do commend them in being able to garner equal or better sources than Dawgman in such a short time but the censoring of any critiques about the program and the fellating of the coaches is very DM-esque. All season they've hyped up an amazing portal haul to make up for the lackluster HS recruiting but it turns out they vastly overpromised and underdelivered. Any posters pointing this out are labeled as insane and threatened to get banned.
    You realize the portal cycle isn't even close to finished right?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Sure but they whiffed on most of the first wave
  • Options

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

This is true. But people have been exaggerating how big of an impact this was going to be on the program. It's been underwhelming thus far on who has signed if you are trying to be a top 12 program next season. The second wave will happen but with classes starting right after break for some schools that can become more complicated.

Missed on all the top safeties they wanted/needed.

Missed on the corner they pursued.

Missed on a lot of defensive linemen and now the bj green situation (would be a nice snag) is getting a little weird.

No running back (maybe DJ returns and it doesn't matter?)

No WR (not as concerned here but Brazell would have been a nice get)

The reality is the top guys we really wanted went to other schools. In many cases also went to Oregon and USC. Same as high school recruiting.
    Who did Oregon get that we wanted?

Ramsey and Marks sure.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

This is true. But people have been exaggerating how big of an impact this was going to be on the program. It's been underwhelming thus far on who has signed if you are trying to be a top 12 program next season. The second wave will happen but with classes starting right after break for some schools that can become more complicated.

Missed on a lot of defensive linemen and now the bj green situation (would be a nice snag) is getting a little weird.

The reality is the top guys we really wanted went to other schools. In many cases also went to Oregon and USC. Same as high school recruiting.
    I made a comment months ago that UW doesn't kill it in the portal. Yes there have been some amazing gets but, as a rule, UW isn't getting a lot of the guys I know they'd love to take.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Savage visited UW, no?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Safety from ksu. And we definitely appear to be in the market for a safety. I'd be surprised if we don't end up signing one.

I forgot we tried to get the bridges too who went to Florida (obviously didn't go to Oregon). Point is we have missed a lot in the secondary.

I would say the secondary and defensive line have been the biggest points of emphasis in the portal and we didn't get a lot of the guys we wanted.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys act like 4-8 never happened. And despite 24-2 UW still sucks apparently. Whatever - win and they will come. Allegedly

Oregon has been stealing our lunch money for years in recruiting. That too can change like its changed on the field

It's going to be interesting seeing how recruiting goes the next couple of years with the natty banner hanging.

If you can't recruit like Oregon you have to work harder to beat them. That's working so far.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,146
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    We need a guy to hold the curtain that covers defensive signals
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

This has been true of the Discord group from Day 1

In many respects they are great examples of why you have to be careful of anybody that trades access for filtered speech and commentary
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,233
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

You guys act like 4-8 never happened. And despite 24-2 UW still sucks apparently. Whatever - win and they will come. Allegedly

Oregon has been stealing our lunch money for years in recruiting. That too can change like its changed on the field

This is the NOW economy. We? don't have 10 years to become a nationally recognized program. All UW is known for globally is Covid models and everyone is going to die. I want the best NOW not when I don't give a shit. This is the best coach in more than 30 years and the time is NOW. I kid I kid...kind of.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Safety from ksu. And we definitely appear to be in the market for a safety. I'd be surprised if we don't end up signing one.

I forgot we tried to get the bridges too who went to Florida (obviously didn't go to Oregon). Point is we have missed a lot in the secondary.

I would say the secondary and defensive line have been the biggest points of emphasis in the portal and we didn't get a lot of the guys we wanted.
    The portal is the same as high school recruiting in many ways in that your conversion rate isn't going to be super high. A bigger NIL budget would be helpful in increasing that %.

• Options
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Savage visited UW, no?

Glad we whiffed if that's the case. Fat, short, and has tackling issues.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Savage visited UW, no?

Triggering mustache (Kyler Manu).
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Savage visited UW, no?

Myles Bryant was 5'8" and the best safety we've had since 2019 and ticking. Ben he was playing out of position. We have not had an above average safety since. Many were below average. He didn't have tackling issues though. No idea if the KSU guy was good or not other than we targeted him and missed.