Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tejas run d.

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
edited December 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
4th overall in the country. According to the SRS Distribution toilet bowl broadcast Utah is third overall in the country. How did we? Ever beat the pig farmer and their vaunted D?

Tejas fan are getting chippier by the day. Essentially predicting a blowout.

Comments

• Options
    DahobbsDahobbs Member Posts: 34
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Looks like you're looking at stats that don't account for the fact that Texas played an extra game. At any rate, Utah gives up significantly more per carry than Texas, 3.22 vs 2.87. But ultimately the way the two teams stop the run is different, so I don't know how much you can take from either stat. Throwing jump balls vs our safeties is still going to be the better way to move on the Texas d. We are really bad at defending those.
  • Options
    haie said:

Dahobbs said:

Looks like you're looking at stats that don't account for the fact that Texas played an extra game. At any rate, Utah gives up significantly more per carry than Texas, 3.22 vs 2.87. But ultimately the way the two teams stop the run is different, so I don't know how much you can take from either stat. Throwing jump balls vs our safeties is still going to be the better way to move on the Texas d. We are really bad at defending those.

Or Washington will just do what they did last year against this Texas team on the road and murder you on the perimater with McMillan and/or intermediate outs to Odunze and Polk.
    Eh, last year's Texas D was really bad on third down all year. You guys stayed on schedule and your running attack popped some big runs against poor run fits. Your passing game wasn't much of a threat, but was able to convert on 3rd and short/medium. But, that was also just a bad Texas team.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    PurpleJ said:

Dahobbs said:

You play in a gay fucking flyover conference. Hope this helps.
    The homophobia on this site is sad. I assume it is mainly from repressed feelings.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,056
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

PurpleJ said:

Dahobbs said:

The homophobia on this site is sad. I assume it is mainly from repressed feelings.
    Shut up, fag.

If you lurked longer you’d understand. It’s non-normals having to play normal all day repressed anger.

But we do get together on occasion for circle jerks so there’s that.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,656
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

Or Washington will just do what they did last year against this Texas team on the road and murder you on the perimater with McMillan and/or intermediate outs to Odunze and Polk.
    Eh, last year's Texas D was really bad on third down all year. You guys stayed on schedule and your running attack popped some big runs against poor run fits. Your passing game wasn't much of a threat, but was able to convert on 3rd and short/medium. But, that was also just a bad Texas team.
    With almost the same roster as this year...

Washington improved this year.

Texas's conference massively regressed. No TCU or Oklahoma in your championship game. Oklahoma State sucks ass which is why pundits keep referring to it as "When Texas won the Big 12 championship" and won't mention who their opponent was.
  • Options

Dahobbs said:

PurpleJ said:

Dahobbs said:

Shut up, fag.

If you lurked longer you’d understand. It’s non-normals having to play normal all day repressed anger.

So long as everyone has fun that's all that matters.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

PurpleJ said:

Dahobbs said:

Or you’re just … you know … gay.

Not there’s anything wrong with that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    Dahobbs said:

Dahobbs said:

PurpleJ said:

Dahobbs said:

Shut up, fag.

So long as everyone has fun that's all that matters.
    The circle jerks are ok if that’s what you’re alluding to.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

*alluding

Huh?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

*alluding

Huh?

• Options

Texas fans keep talking about what an abomination their team was last year. Somehow they lost Bijan Robinson but rolled out almost the exact same roster with the same coaches this year and became an unstoppable juggernaut. They only lost to Oklahoma because that rivalry game is somehow different than every other game in the history of sports.
    This is coog level logic from a fan base that really should be better.

It isn't the same roster. Y'all think you get a lot better with McMillan and some safeties. We got a lot better with Mitchell, Hill, young corners getting more experience, and extra development time for the freshman and sophomores on our oline.