Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

To all opposing fans especially dux

That say wait till next year. You won’t have Penix and Rome and this person or that person.

Check the portal bitches!!! You think Deboer wants to rebuild and listen to the loser media claim UW has regressed?

The defense is gonna take a leap next year.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Passing the time bro. First time I’ve been interested in recruiting for the last 15 years.

Fuck recruiting
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,294
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    One day at a tim, try talking shit and smoking cigars to pass the time. I'm not in a hurry for '24 just yet, I have faith in our DeBoner, so I'm not watching recruiting or portal stuff that much....yet

BTNEM
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

Put down the crack pipe. There is no next year, there is only next 3 weeks. That is UW window to close the deal. Anything else is just Santa bullshit

This is where I'm at. Looking forward to "next year" is something I do when there is no hope of achieving anything significant in the current year. If somebody wants to get excited, fine, but don't expect me to join in when there's unfinished business and a huge game approaching. No offense @jecornel, you do you bro.

Every morning when I'm getting ready for work, I search YouTube for content about the upcoming game against Texas. It's mostly BS spewed by idiots pretending to be experts because they shelled out a whopping $200 for a decent microphone (No offense Derek, Joey, and Wooley), but I like the attention our team is getting, and don't give a fuck who's giving it to us. However, because of the transfer portal, it seems like most of the content over the past week or so has switched from this year's team to next year's team, talking about who's gonna start at QB next year, etc. Not a fan of that...not when we're about to compete for a natty.

It's kind of like the NFL draft. I don't see why people get so hyped up about it. 90% of the players wind up either being trash, getting injured, or at best being an average replacement for what's on the current roster. What's so exciting about that? I feel the same way about college football....so many people obsessed with recruiting and transfer portal players, etc. To me, it all means nothing until the final results on the field are in. THEN I'll get excited.

I will admit that at least the transfer portal has players that may have actually proven something on the field playing actual college football, so there's a little more excitement there, but still....
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,169
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

FireCohen said:

Put down the crack pipe. There is no next year, there is only next 3 weeks. That is UW window to close the deal. Anything else is just Santa bullshit

This is where I'm at. Looking forward to "next year" is something I do when there is no hope of achieving anything significant in the current year. If somebody wants to get excited, fine, but don't expect me to join in when there's unfinished business and a huge game approaching. No offense @jecornel, you do you bro.

Every morning when I'm getting ready for work, I search YouTube for content about the upcoming game against Texas. It's mostly BS spewed by idiots pretending to be experts because they shelled out a whopping $200 for a decent microphone (No offense Derek, Joey, and Wooley), but I like the attention our team is getting, and don't give a fuck who's giving it to us. However, because of the transfer portal, it seems like most of the content over the past week or so has switched from this year's team to next year's team, talking about who's gonna start at QB next year, etc. Not a fan of that...not when we're about to compete for a natty.

It's kind of like the NFL draft. I don't see why people get so hyped up about it. 90% of the players wind up either being trash, getting injured, or at best being an average replacement for what's on the current roster. What's so exciting about that? I feel the same way about college football....so many people obsessed with recruiting and transfer portal players, etc. To me, it all means nothing until the final results on the field are in. THEN I'll get excited.

I will admit that at least the transfer portal has players that may have actually proven something on the field playing actual college football, so there's a little more excitement there, but still....
    Tequila?🤔
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,515
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I stopped caring about HS recruiting several years ago, but the portal is a whole different ballgame as we’ve seen with Penix, DJ, Germie, etc. I used to get hyped and watch the fax cam, I I DGAF about HS recruiting anymore. 98% of those kids aren’t ready to contribute anyway, half will suck, and another 25% will portal out

173 percent
    Man, I worded that poorly 😂 I’ve clearly read too many Tidepod poasts in the last 24 hours.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023
    I don’t care about kalen’s contract, recruiting or the big 10. All about the next 3 weeks. Not sure the stars will align themselves like they did this year. Let’s see if fatdutchman can close the deal like he does selling insurance
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Did you see all these WR’s ….RB’s…..QB’s!!!

EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHES!

Wait….there’s only one ball?