Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huard: What UW Huskies’ CFP semifinal vs Texas will come down to

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,136
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    We might get a bit of help too with our guys playing at what is 6pm with the schedule they’re normally on.

Read somewhere about a boxer who only trained late at night because that’s when his fights were.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    That's also why I could see UW's offense running a lot of 4 and 5 WR sets (including Westover / Culp as a WR). Since Texas' strength is its front 7, why not force them to sub in an extra DB or two and remove one of their good DLs and one of their good LBs.

That will also make their fat DL tired from subbing in and out when we change personnel on them.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TheHB said:

HuskyJW said:

It will come down to the team that scores the most points

Nuff said about that

Oregon fans would disagree.
    elite poast
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Sark gonna have his gysum's ready to rumble, Lanning style. Therefore, I'm guessing the Tejas bigbois will overlook the Trench Dawgs (as inferior sudo G5's) and get blown off the line ala O in the CCG. UW will open with a mix RPO's, slants and inside passes to work the heavy DB sets PK's going to run out. Dawgs will look to balance in the run game with counters, some motion, maybe even a wheel route. Dawgs will be looking for those long sustained drives to try and keep the Texas D on the field as long as possible early to slow the HAUSes down, then go balls deep over and over. OR they may just go Rome back shoulder fade, Jalen crossing guard, Polk on a 25 yard flag. Eitherway Dawgs win rather easily.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,436
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree. I think our conditioning has really been a strength this year. It's why we're so damn good in the 4th quarter. Hopefully that'll continue to be the case.

But what about the elevation difference in New Orleans?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,513
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Agree. I think our conditioning has really been a strength this year. It's why we're so damn good in the 4th quarter. Hopefully that'll continue to be the case.

But what about the elevation difference in New Orleans?
    Hey, if we can handle the altitude of the LA Coliseum with the torch lit, we'll be ready to rumble below sea level.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,415
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    New Orleans is at or below sea level, resulting in a high water table in the soil. If a body or coffin is placed in an in-ground tomb in New Orleans, there is risk of it being water-logged or even displaced from the ground. For this reason, the people of New Orleans have generally used above-ground tombs.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    i cant believe i am saying this, but the defense with asa and kam at safety looks much better than usual
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,415
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

i cant believe i am saying this, but the defense with asa and kam at safety looks much better than usual

They are better. It helps when everyone else is playing in their natural positions.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    TheHB said:

New Orleans is at or below sea level, resulting in a high water table in the soil. If a body or coffin is placed in an in-ground tomb in New Orleans, there is risk of it being water-logged or even displaced from the ground. For this reason, the people of New Orleans have generally used above-ground tombs.

I learned that watching Easy Rider

• Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    it will come down to a good game, so long as Brock is not talking, that is
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023
    TheHB said:

With a band playing in the sendoff procession. That's the best part https://youtu.be/i0oGRATVux0?si=NdMdEwgMwhS8oEn9&t=98
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,092
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

TheHB said:

With a band playing in the sendoff procession. That's the best part https://youtu.be/i0oGRATVux0?si=NdMdEwgMwhS8oEn9&t=98
    All fun and games until a couple guys get sweaty hands.