Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DeBoer and information

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,310 Founders Club
Kind of amazing how he's able to control the flow of info to the public without coming across and being portrayed like an insecure Nazi. The Tybo stuff is under wraps. The public never heard about the Rome Odunze injury and context until season's end. The public never heard the extent of Penix's injuries. We will never know the truth of J-Mac's injury journey until a FOI act is issued.

I'm not complaining, mind you. Just marveling.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,127
    I've always thought that the college football practice of not having injury reports was petty AF, but DeBoer definitely saved the season with how he managed information coming out of the locker room.
  • Doogles said:

I've always thought that the college football practice of not having injury reports was petty AF, but DeBoer definitely saved the season with how he managed information coming out of the locker room.

After the way the committee did FSU dirty, there's no reason to ever have injury reports again.

In theory if FSU had been saying Jordan Travis is ahead of schedule all year and will be back for the bowl, they might have got in.
    You are correct

Fuck the fans' and media's "right to know"

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    Like I tell my kids, there's no need to lie if you just keep your mouth shut.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,888 Founders Club

Answer every question with,
    "He's day to day."
    "He's working really hard every day to get back."
    "He's close."
    "Something may have happened there."
    "He might have got dinged a little, he's fine."
    "I didn't really see it."
    "As far as I know he's fine."
    "He was in the locker room after the game with his teammates"
    "I'll have to check with the training staff."

He's so down to earth and open with his non committal answers that Seattle media just lets it go. Softy, Vorel and Caple won't press too hard because they get pretty damn good access to the program. Waaaaaay more than Petersen ever allowed. DeBoer actually wants those guys writing articles, wants them doing podcasts, he wants his coaches doing interviews with Softy on the radio, he wants whatever juice this city can muster. Hell, he let Softy do an entire two hour show from the recruiting lounge after the AC last year. Coaches, players and DeBoer himself all sat for interviews. It was the best content Softy and Doog Fain have ever put out. If its archived somewhere I actually recommend listening. Media access and a controlled narrative are key, DeBoer understands this and for that he will always get away with his canned non answers. He's the boss.

Tbf the media in Seattle, while not always FOR the program, is lightweight(sorry Nacho) and mostly uninterested in football these days.
    Apology accepted.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Kind of amazing how he's able to control the flow of info to the public without coming across and being portrayed like an insecure Nazi. The Tybo stuff is under wraps. The public never heard about the Rome Odunze injury and context until season's end. The public never heard the extent of Penix's injuries. We will never know the truth of J-Mac's injury journey until a FOI act is issued.

I'm not complaining, mind you. Just marveling.

I disagree, i would say he is controlling the narrative like a true Nazi......hardy har har

"Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play." - Joseph Goebbels