Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Random Thoughts to Bridge the Gap

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,418
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

The Defense is better with Asa

Let's go back to 2022. Asa didn't play against UCLA and was ejected early in the 2nd quarter of the ASU game for knocking out the QB with targeting. As per tradition, the 5th string walk-on then came in and lit up the Husky secondary. As far as I'm concerned, the team is virtually undefeated whenever Asa plays. He's a plus athlete, gets guys into position, and allows for dudes to play in their natural spot. Fuck the haters, WAR Asa. I'll add a shoutout to KamFab for doing his best Budda impersonation in the CCG. Secondary looked the best it has all season, they make a difference.

The Last Great TEAM
    Looking at the NIL/Transfer portal chaos across the nation, accepting roster volatility as a reality of college football moving forward, the amount of "OG" contributors to this team may never be seen again. Everyone returned from last year's team, the fact Rome/Mcmillan/Fautanu/Trice/etc never left after 4-8 is lucky. This might be the last team that has a true rags to riches story arch. I loved college football as a kid because you grew with the team and followed their development for better or worse. The mercenary era is going to pay dividends for Washington as Deboer has proven he gets it, but this feels like a nostalgic old school team, and I'm going to miss it.

I Was wrong about Dillon Johnson
    He looked like shit to start the year, I wasn't blown away with his film, I thought we were getting Taulapapa 2.0 at best and not some massive upgrade (not a knock on Papa). The team is undefeated right now because DJs floor has been Alamo Papa and borderline Chris Polk at the ceiling. His pass blocking is a thing of beauty, he's earned Sunday money there alone. I wondered around game 6 if he regretted his decision to come to UW, now he's a Dawg for life and I love it. 2/2 on transfer RBs for Deboer, portal take notice.

@PapaBrailsford

Not sure if you still lurk, but your son is a beast, good work sir.

CCG Win over Oregon Biggest Game in Program History
    Seeing Oregon relegated to playing Liberty, FSU getting jumped over, Georgia even getting back-doored, it's clear to me outside of beating Michigan in the 92 Rose Bowl, no other game has meant more to Washington football. The stakes couldn't have been higher and this team delivered. The difference in trajectory from a W to a L will never be felt in a singular game again. We're now one of the select few to make the 4 team playoff multiple times, final P12 Champion, battling for it all against shitty Bama, Michigan, and Sark. Unbelievable outcome for the Dawgs.

Perspective. Beach. Walk
    Grubb has pissed me the fuck off 90% of the year. A constant anxiety state against lesser opponent has admittedly robbed me of some appreciation of how special this team is. I did not handle the ups and downs well. I've followed this team since my dad would put me in his backpack and walk to the stadium to see Mario Bailey, I probably take it too seriously. But the script has been thrown out, time to enjoy. I'll be at the Sugar Bowl with my Dad, feels like we've been waiting 30+ years for this exact moment, can't wait.

TLDR
    College Football Thread 2023 Edition | Page 71 | Fifth ...

Only a dyed-in-the-wool Husky fan would read the words "Alamo Papa" and immediately understand what you're talking about.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Great post. We have taken more than two running backs. New Mexico kid apparently couldn't pass block and ngata this year too.

He silently has been a pretty solid KOR though. Glad he could contribute when others got ding up and saved some reps from guys playing hurt.

Seemingly small but really a huge contribution.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

The TEAM part makes me kind of sad. Hope the sport doesn't get too retarded

It's already there. More me first cultural rot.

I'm enjoying this, but not as much as I should be.

Oh, sorry...I'm supposed to act happy in this thread.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,056
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

I can’t disagree with anything you said, and I couldn’t agree more about my enjoyment of this season being robbed by offensive retardation. I will say that the CCG has had a completely cathartic effect on my feelings towards this season. It went from anxiety ridden to speshul all in one game. It’s weird to say that, but it’s absolutely true.

In 2016, making the playoff felt like playing with house money. This year, it’s time to bet big and take the house. All in, LFG!!!

I’m all in. Let’s go!!!

Yea. I’m a pour. Thats big money to me.

What state you live in?
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,013
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

I can’t disagree with anything you said, and I couldn’t agree more about my enjoyment of this season being robbed by offensive retardation. I will say that the CCG has had a completely cathartic effect on my feelings towards this season. It went from anxiety ridden to speshul all in one game. It’s weird to say that, but it’s absolutely true.

In 2016, making the playoff felt like playing with house money. This year, it’s time to bet big and take the house. All in, LFG!!!

I’m all in. Let’s go!!!

Yea. I’m a pour. Thats big money to me.

What state you live in?
    I live in WA. But my son lives in the land of the Bitchfork.