Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Zaggots upset

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I hadn't watched a game since March (or possibly February), so I had no clue about this team.

Nice to knock off those overrated fags

We hadn't beaten them since 2005....

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2023
    Dawgs are a sneaky decent team.

They beat a Xavier squad headed by Sean Miller that made the Sweet 16 last year.

Their losses have come against 9-1 #13 Colorado St, 8-2 #25 SDSU, and 7-1 with votes Nevada... all games were very close.

The catalyst has been Frank Kepnang. He had 14 pts, 7 boards, 5 blocks tonight. In the previous game against Montana St. he had 16 pts, 11 boards, 3 blocks. His energy really sparks the Dawgs.

They've ditched the zone and are running man to man... it seems to bring a bit more energy to the squad.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    tldr:

Too many retarded turnovers.

Zags couldn't hit anything from 3 and it wasn't because of UW's defense.

UW needed this win badly with how bad the conference is, in terms of getting to the tournament.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They’re sloppy as fuck. Turnovers are a major problem game in and game out and make the team frustrating to watch. Outside of Brooks everyone seems to be about a 50% free throw shooter. Also frustrating as hell to watch. All that said they have good pieces and loads of experience. I think I’ve said it in other threads, they’ll lose a bunch of games because of Hopkins and they’ll win their fair share because the players are too good not to. 16-16 incoming again. It’s a shame, these kids should probably be a tournament team.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245

They’re sloppy as fuck. Turnovers are a major problem game in and game out and make the team frustrating to watch. Outside of Brooks everyone seems to be about a 50% free throw shooter. Also frustrating as hell to watch. All that said they have good pieces and loads of experience. I think I’ve said it in other threads, they’ll lose a bunch of games because of Hopkins and they’ll win their fair share because the players are too good not to. 16-16 incoming again. It’s a shame, these kids should probably be a tournament team.

With how bad the P-12 is it would be surprising if they finish worse than 4th in conference.

Ya the turnovers are annoying... but GU is also a great team that forced us into some pretty shit spots on the floor. If they can clean it up they've got some dog in em to win more than you might think.
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 183
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Won despite some horrid turnovers and fouls, but I thought they did really well w/ Gonzfaga’s pick & roll. Big FK was swatting everything in the paint. What the hell happened to Hopkins, he break his hand or have a stroke? His left arm was dangling @ his side, he couldn’t move it.. just left the court after trying to shake hands of one the assistants
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    Last 10 minutes were the first I'd watched this year. Still looks like a Hopkins offense, one of the most unimpressive comebacks I've ever seen lol. Kepnang is pretty fun though
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Good roster. Below average coach.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This is truly the year of the Dawg. How do we? not win the Natty on January 8?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    Standard Supporter
    We could sneak into the tourney as like an 11 seed or something or maybe win a couple NIT games. Either way, it will be enough to give Hop a 3 year extension with a giant buyout.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

With how bad the P-12 is it would be surprising if they finish worse than 4th in conference.

Ya the turnovers are annoying... but GU is also a great team that forced us into some pretty shit spots on the floor. If they can clean it up they've got some dog in em to win more than you might think.
    We shall see.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We could sneak into the tourney as like an 11 seed or something or maybe win a couple NIT games. Either way, it will be enough to give Hop a 3 year extension with a giant buyout.

Fuck me. Fuck you. Fuck everyone.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's not real life like football. Sign him for like 1.5 million and give the savings to DeBoer.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It's not real life like football. Sign him for like 1.5 million and give the savings to DeBoer.
    In that case, hire BRoy for $1 million.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck Gonzaga! I hope this makes them an 8 seed.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Guard play is honestly really good and they have scorers. Problem is the silly turnovers.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    Swaye's Wigwam

Guard play is honestly really good and they have scorers. Problem is the silly turnovers.
    They won't make the tournament.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    this is zag team not as good as the prior teams. almost like alabama of this year good, but not great
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

this is zag team not as good as the prior teams. almost like alabama of this year good, but not great

tommy lloyd bailing to zona has really hurt their recruiting.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

They won't make the tournament.
    People still have to remember hop is coaching. He'll find a way like always to fuck this up. Unless they go out and win the pac12, then he's gone. There is no way with a new AD, Hops history of shittiness and inability to recruit, that he'll continue as the coach. It just doesn't make sense to leave him out there any longer when we're going to the big10 where they actually do play basketball.